[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Pmcglynn

TRIP delivers, that's the bottom line. B)

Others (mostly) just do "social" pull-your-chain, such "communication" is as good as nothing.

Exactly!!!! Trip makes it feel like he's "One of Us" and not Above us. and he's just as excited as we are about each little update. It's so much fun following his progress with him and being able to flash all the progress. I read this thread for at least an hour every night before I know any time went by and normally I have something new to flash and there's another hour with an update to play with. It's just a lot of fun. Trip is not only a great Dev but a great fan of it all like we are. it feels like he's having so much fun doing up and I'm having fun flashing it and it's just all good. The rom is great and only going to get better. Trip is a very unique Dev and I love his Methods. I hope he keeps it up and if he ever becomes tired or feels pressured (like other devs say and I'm sure they are) but If Trip ever feels that way I hope he just says so and takes a break and doesn't ever become bitter. I love the thread and the rom and I'm having a blast. :lol:

Guest ronaldramsayii

Exactly!!!! Trip makes it feel like he's "One of Us" and not Above us. and he's just as excited as we are about each little update. It's so much fun following his progress with him and being able to flash all the progress. I read this thread for at least an hour every night before I know any time went by and normally I have something new to flash and there's another hour with an update to play with. It's just a lot of fun. Trip is not only a great Dev but a great fan of it all like we are. it feels like he's having so much fun doing up and I'm having fun flashing it and it's just all good. The rom is great and only going to get better. Trip is a very unique Dev and I love his Methods. I hope he keeps it up and if he ever becomes tired or feels pressured (like other devs say and I'm sure they are) but If Trip ever feels that way I hope he just says so and takes a break and doesn't ever become bitter. I love the thread and the rom and I'm having a blast.

Huge +1

Exactly!!!! Trip makes it feel like he's "One of Us" and not Above us. and he's just as excited as we are about each little update. It's so much fun following his progress with him and being able to flash all the progress. I read this thread for at least an hour every night before I know any time went by and normally I have something new to flash and there's another hour with an update to play with. It's just a lot of fun. Trip is not only a great Dev but a great fan of it all like we are. it feels like he's having so much fun doing up and I'm having fun flashing it and it's just all good. The rom is great and only going to get better. Trip is a very unique Dev and I love his Methods. I hope he keeps it up and if he ever becomes tired or feels pressured (like other devs say and I'm sure they are) but If Trip ever feels that way I hope he just says so and takes a break and doesn't ever become bitter. I love the thread and the rom and I'm having a blast. :lol:

Definitely huge +1

Guest steini81

Can you provide any logs from output of dmesg, that might help Trip in locating what's happening?

adb shell

su

dmesg > \sdcard\dmesg.log

or from a terminal on phone

su

dmesg > \sdcard\dmesg.log

and post the output to Trip :)

@Trip

Here is another one after a crash reboot (3D Game)

sdcarddmesg.log.txt

Definitely huge +1

Are you kidding? There is a plus where you can give your "+1". If this is not enough, then write a personal message and tell how glad you are about that post. This is useless, pointless, causes a lot of load on Paul's servers and annoys a lot of users

I can hardly believe its not hardware accelerated ... its so dam* smooth! ...

been playing for a few hours, not a single reboot or lockup ... just wish there was a solution for the low in-call volume though

once again, great job Trip! Youre the man

Not sure if it's already been reported, but I've noticed very bad battery drain on the last couple builds, my screen will be off and the phone will almost die within about 4 hours. Usage is: Screen 43%, Standby: 30%, Idle: 29%. (Screen has only been on a total of maybe 7 minutes during these 4 hours). Having said that, awesome work by dev getting ICS in our hands, your work is appreciated by me and many others.

Guest BummAround

Not sure if it's already been reported, but I've noticed very bad battery drain on the last couple builds, my screen will be off and the phone will almost die within about 4 hours. Usage is: Screen 43%, Standby: 30%, Idle: 29%. (Screen has only been on a total of maybe 7 minutes during these 4 hours). Having said that, awesome work by dev getting ICS in our hands, your work is appreciated by me and many others.

An app or background process that refuse to sleep, perhaps? Battery stats hasn't been calibrated? Bad signal area?

Are you kidding? There is a plus where you can give your "+1". If this is not enough, then write a personal message and tell how glad you are about that post. This is useless, pointless, causes a lot of load on Paul's servers and annoys a lot of users

+1

Guest Dullert

I do not have that problem. In S0076A the battery life improved on my sensation. 76 percent left in 6.5 hours with about 40 minutes of calling and whatsapping.. The only thing that i would like to see in further updates is the call volume. I also get reports from people i call that the sound is very bad (alot of noise on the background). Do others have that too?

Still i love this rom keeps me a bit too much distracted from learning my exams xD

Guest thesoze

And, Google Maps keep crashing on me...yea, I've been getting strange "out of memeory/space" msgs...

love this ROM Trip!

An app or background process that refuse to sleep, perhaps? Battery stats hasn't been calibrated? Bad signal area?

Edited by thesoze

Signal is good, no background apps have been running, I will check the battery calibration though good call on that.. I'll report back after a full charge and resetting it.

Guest Dannyden

First of all, thank you so much Trip! I love your work and have had ICS on my phone as daily driver since alpha 5, and I'll buy you a beer when I I have my paypal setup!

Then for the support (I'm running Alpha 7,6 now) , I've run into one reboot and two other weird things:

- One reboot on a death during the game Spirit HD

- I can't seem to put a limit on my mobile data anymore (I'm sorry if that was mentioned, couldn't seem to find the alpha 7,6 changelog

- When I boot or go to the clock application it notifies me of that I'm about to run out of memory, although I've got 10GB on my 32GB SD-Card left, en 800MB of internal storage.

I hope this helps further development of the rom!

Danny

Guest Vexation

In terms of battery life, it's been nothing but amazing for me. However, I did find an option somewhere which made sure that no applications were running in the background, so when I press the Home softkey, it actually closes the app. Don't ask me where I found it though, I've been trying to locate it again, but can't find it.

Guest ronaldramsayii

I do not have that problem. In S0076A the battery life improved on my sensation. 76 percent left in 6.5 hours with about 40 minutes of calling and whatsapping.. The only thing that i would like to see in further updates is the call volume. I also get reports from people i call that the sound is very bad (alot of noise on the background). Do others have that too?

Still i love this rom keeps me a bit too much distracted from learning my exams xD

Yeah the mic in our phones picks up everything.

Guest ronaldramsayii

In terms of battery life, it's been nothing but amazing for me. However, I did find an option somewhere which made sure that no applications were running in the background, so when I press the Home softkey, it actually closes the app. Don't ask me where I found it though, I've been trying to locate it again, but can't find it.

System settings > developer options> background process

Guest Dannyden

I had the low memory mesage too then i turned of the livewalpaper and the message didn't come again.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by Trip

It still shows up for me, after booting and after opening the alarms tab in the clock application now.

Guest inzanic

Came here to post this. Some is testing out that kernel with Trips rom right now. Hopefully the Camera/HW works

Sounds great!

Let's hope it works out well, then :)