[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

I realize that the low volume is well documented but as anyone experienced trouble with the ambient noise interference. I have had complaints of people being able to hear just as much background volume as my voice when I speak.(like when I drive or am in a crowd) I also notice the more noise picked up by the mic, the choppier the audio quality being received sounds.

I have been flashing ICS in the evenings and playing around with it and then reverting back to CM7 alpha during the work hours, exhausting, but so satisfying to explore ICS. :-)

Guest edwinbe

Hi, I can confirm it is almost impossible to have a call in the car. When I attach a jack plug during a call, I only hear cracks, and once a reboot. Just on the handset it is fine for me.

Edwin

I do not have that problem. In S0076A the battery life improved on my sensation. 76 percent left in 6.5 hours with about 40 minutes of calling and whatsapping.. The only thing that i would like to see in further updates is the call volume. I also get reports from people i call that the sound is very bad (alot of noise on the background). Do others have that too?

Still i love this rom keeps me a bit too much distracted from learning my exams xD

Guest Baadsha

My battery usage.

A lot of whats app messages and a bit of gaming.

Still in alpha 7. But i love it.

Oh and my first post ever with a screen shot :rolleyes:

post-724-0-26060200-1323801595_thumb.png

Edited by Baadsha

Guest TripNRaVeR

The kernel from mdj isnt a proper ics kernel.

Missing;

- xt_qtaguid

- graphics drivers

Including;

- no service bug

This is after a very quick read so dont pin me on it. But i dont see a reason why it should work.

no offence, my kernel isnt a proper ics either (some wrong mem alloc. prob more)

Guest Dannyden

For people that also have problems with accessing the alarms tab on Alpha 7.6, here's my fix:

I just installed the old version of the clock, 2.0.2 I believe it said, and now I can access my alarms just fine.

Only problem is that the ICS-Clock is now the ugly old green-styled clock.

I hope this was of use!

Danny

Guest ronaldramsayii
The kernel from mdj isnt a proper ics kernel.

Missing;

- xt_qtaguid

- graphics drivers

Including;

- no service bug

This is after a very quick read so dont pin me on it. But i dont see a reason why it should work.

no offence, my kernel isnt a proper ics either (some wrong mem alloc. prob more)

At least you're honest. Doesn't Google release a kernel source for 4.0 or is that based on the manufacturers.

Guest eggyenergy666

Still loving it, faster and very good battery life and only got 1random reboot! Perfect work again trip! Only thing i miss is nfc(android beam) option and android dreams in options? You left it away with a reason or just not included my friend?

IIRC they only release sources for the device they have built it on i.e the Galaxy Nexus...As i understand we will (eventually) Get Ice Cream Sandwich with Sense for our devices but knowing HTC We will see a few leaks and builds WAAAAY before that! I think that all the sensation 3.5 (Sense) builds are from test leaks as there has not been an official leak or release yet.

Great work so far trip, Great to know there is still a great developer working on the sensation as most have buggered off to Samsung territory.Bad idea in my opinion, Samsung shouldnt have got the Nexus franchise as they have already added there own bloatware, I think the "Nexus" Should be a clean AOSP phone with ONLY google stuff on it!

Guest Bluewall2

Still loving it, faster and very good battery life and only got 1random reboot! Perfect work again trip! Only thing i miss is nfc(android beam) option and android dreams in options? You left it away with a reason or just not included my friend?

You need NFC for Android beam ;)

Guest ManCityFC

I know trip is busy so perhaps someone else can answer. Reading this thread, it seems that a lot (perhaps even most) of the emphasis is being put on bringing the hardware acceleration in? Is this correct?

Would it not make more sense to try to get all the little things up first like the camera, bluetooth and things like that, then work to get the glitz and glamour working. We have lived without hardware acceleration before and I am sure a while longer wouldn't hurt. You get the feeling that trip is going around in circles with it and it is probably wearing him down. Might be better to take his mind off it for a while and come back to it? I may of course be completely misreading the development.

Certainly not a criticism as the ROM is great, just trying to work out what is happening and don't want the dude pulling all his hair out over something that we could all live without for a while.

Would it not make more sense to try to get all the little things up first like the camera, bluetooth and things like that, then work to get the glitz and glamour working. We have lived without hardware acceleration before and I am sure a while longer wouldn't hurt.

What do you prefer, to have bluetooth and sending files to other people with some kind of esporadic technology that maybe you might use once in a week (I don't use it since i had my Nexus One)... or to take some photos, that yes would be cool, but man think about this:

HWAcceleration makes the device more stable, less hangs, more compatibilty, better usage of apps, games...

So I think that maybe the priority right now is the usability and the stability.

Maybe I'm wrong

Guest ronaldramsayii

What do you prefer, to have bluetooth and sending files to other people with some kind of esporadic technology that maybe you might use once in a week (I don't use it since i had my Nexus One)... or to take some photos, that yes would be cool, but man think about this:

HWAcceleration makes the device more stable, less hangs, more compatibilty, better usage of apps, games...

So I think that maybe the priority right now is the usability and the stability.

Maybe I'm wrong

I completely agree with you on that. Getting the hardware specs working would definitely make others work with no issues.

Its like a puzzle. Or like building a foundation to something. You need a solid base first.

Guest NickClarke40

Trip again I say thanks for another great build, can't be far of now for a build.

Quick question I'm trying to install Google Music App (which I got from xda, and I've already got my music uploaded wink.gif), when I install however, it won't run, worked great when I was using a CM7 ROM any ideas?

Cheers smile.gif

I'm flashing it now to make sure there are no new problems.

- Hw accel. is fully enabled, hwcomposer is loaded correctly, memory correctly mapped, no more "failed to unmap" errors

- Hw accel. DOESNT turn on it seems after a big search that the error is inside the kernel, it should be working after i found it (unless there is more)

- I was expecting when hwcomposer is running that also means the hw accel. is working therefore i posted the message earlier

- Fixed live wallpaper

- Fixed every EGL issue (workarround)

- Fixed EGL should also mean fixed gaming issues

Probably more fixed due the above listed fixes, we'll see

Gonna upload now

You need to test the stability for yourself.

ps. due to enabled hw acceleration the bootanimation is broke dry.gif If you want it delete hwcomposer from /system/lib/hw

thats another thing what i find very strange, if you delete hwcomposer there noticably changes so it DOES do something its really strange

Guest ManCityFC

Maybe I'm wrong

Well to be honest I think you are wrong. Bluetooth is used daily by lots of people who drive, work in factories where no wires are allowed, to listen to music, headphones are bluetooth....

Clearly you don't have children either, nor work in a job that requires you to take photos?

Anyway, your missing my point. The reason I suggest it is because it may help if trip takes his mind off it for a while. The guy is a one man team and it seems to be a struggle to understand it. Whilst fixing the other things, others may be able to help with the hardware acceleration? It was just a thought. I always take a step back when something is annoying me and often find it helps. Then usually, wham, I find away around the original problem.

Either way it is trips ROM, it was just a thought and just wondered if I was reading the situation correctly.

Guest NickClarke40

Yeah agreed, get the foundations right then add the missing elements, my pref would be bluetooth so that I can use it again in the car (but no biggie at the moment)

I completely agree with you on that. Getting the hardware specs working would definitely make others work with no issues.

Its like a puzzle. Or like building a foundation to something. You need a solid base first.

Well to be honest I think you are wrong. Bluetooth is used daily by lots of people who drive, work in factories where no wires are allowed, to listen to music, headphones are bluetooth....

Clearly you don't have children either, nor work in a job that requires you to take photos?

Anyway, your missing my point. The reason I suggest it is because it may help if trip takes his mind off it for a while. The guy is a one man team and it seems to be a struggle to understand it. Whilst fixing the other things, others may be able to help with the hardware acceleration? It was just a thought. I always take a step back when something is annoying me and often find it helps. Then usually, wham, I find away around the original problem.

Either way it is trips ROM, it was just a thought and just wondered if I was reading the situation correctly.

Well man, you're right in that i dont have neither childen, neither a job that requires me to take photos.

Neither i work in a factory, neither i drive with a bluetooth device.

But if you're taking a job, or children, as an argument for that, you may be forgetting that this is an Alpha build, you really try to go to a professional place with a phone with glitches or hangs? Use TripNMIUI for that...

I know everybody wants this to work, and I get your intentions on your suggestion, but Trip have chosen this priority for some reason, and clearly I see is to have a solid base from where to begin, and then fix some other minor things.

Remember this is an Alpha for testing and bugfixing, you can use it as a daily driver, but then do not compromise the rom on a professional environment, or in something the rom cant handle yet, things come as they come.