[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Denver Pedro

I reported this problem back after v6 release; it seems like anything related to security on the device (that would normally force you re-confirm yourself by re-entering your PIN) doesn't work since v5 (it works with v4; I had previously tested and I just tested with v5 but v6 and 7/7.x are all broken).

I'm guessing corner cases for now but definitely something that needs to be addressed eventually.

Trip any thoughts on what might have changed between v5 and v6 that would have impacted security (in my case specifically importing or accessing client certs on the device) that causes this verification loop?

Same problem for me

Guest cenwesi

I vote for Bluetooth. It is the ONLY reason stopping me from using Trip's ICS right now. Here in DC/MD you will get a ticket if the cops see you. I hate holding phones to my head just to talk, it hurts my neck. Also i listen to a lot of streams so i need the A2DP support. Camera i rarely use so it is a bonus if he adds it. I am waiting patiently and do no want to bother Trip, but since someone mentioned it i will just add my .2cents.

Please Trip, can we have BT/A2DP :)

Thank you.

Guest tentoace

Honestly, i feel you guys are arguing over a moot point. If bt and camera are not trip's priority. If he wanted them working fast, one or the other would be happening instead of kernel fixes :s

Guest diamantericos

been with this since alpha 5. love it lastest is great. fc's here and there is fine i can deal with them. this is my daily driver.im not picky i take what i can get. as long as im up to date. all i ask for eventually when he has the time is the on screen buttons built in as an option.but thats not all that important.

Guest Joel lock

been with this since alpha 5. love it lastest is great. fc's here and there is fine i can deal with them. this is my daily driver.im not picky i take what i can get. as long as im up to date. all i ask for eventually when he has the time is the on screen buttons built in as an option.but thats not all that important.

read a few pages back..it is already ported but not added on his rom

Guest diamantericos

I actually read that post and checked out the link. I was hoping it could be made as an option to enable or disable like a basic feature. Thanks anyway.

read a few pages back..it is already ported but not added on his rom

Guest Jason Syn

Trip again I say thanks for another great build, can't be far of now for a build.

Quick question I'm trying to install Google Music App (which I got from xda, and I've already got my music uploaded wink.gif), when I install however, it won't run, worked great when I was using a CM7 ROM any ideas?

Cheers smile.gif

It's probably the same issue I always have and it can be fixed inside Google Music settings. Every time you flash a new ROM it registers that new device in Music and you can only have 8 devices at one time. Go into Music>Music Settings>Manage My Devices and just delete all the old ROMs out of there. Then tell your phone to connect to your Google account and you should be good to go.

Guest Jason Syn

I agree with everyone and with Trip, a good foundation is the key to a home. To me BT and camera is the roof, he has a great foundation started guys. Let the man work and be glad you have a fully functional proof of concept to play with while he gets the roof put on. Once this ROM doesn't have boot loops and resets I'm sure he'll start working on the rest. Also remember this is a kernel issue, CM7 and MIUI doesn't even have a fully functional camera and A2DP yet...give the man some props and wait for the goodies!

Guest thesoze

and fixing the MMS - I can get SMS but no pics from others

I think once he gets the kernel working smoother, that Camera and bluetooth will be working, maybe not perfect but atleast functional.

Guest ronaldramsayii

Watch... Trip going to do something on epic proportions. He's quiet now but when he posts something its going to catch us way off guard. All we can do is standby and wait .....

Please no ETAs lol. Everyone's done a great job on not asking...

Guest ronaldramsayii

He'll probably implement that at some point in time. I imagine he already has that in mind, but I know he has more pressing things to take care of.

Guest diamantericos

yeah thats possible he does. but id rather the other important stuff first.

He'll probably implement that at some point in time. I imagine he already has that in mind, but I know he has more pressing things to take care of.

Guest unity04

I'd just like to start by saying that this ROM is the sole reason alone I signed up to these forums- excellent job so far on it, can't wait to see further development.

I flashed the ROM to my phone and managed to get my WiFi and data working, however, I'm experiencing only one issue (no FCs!): when I press the hardware home button it doesn't take me to the home screen, or escape an application window that I'm currently in. To get out of an app to return to the home screen I need to keep pressing the back button, or check to see if there's a close button in the settings pop up of the window I'm in. Is there a work around for this, or a way to get the home button working?

Thanks.

Guest ajonesma

I'd just like to start by saying that this ROM is the sole reason alone I signed up to these forums- excellent job so far on it, can't wait to see further development.

I flashed the ROM to my phone and managed to get my WiFi and data working, however, I'm experiencing only one issue (no FCs!): when I press the hardware home button it doesn't take me to the home screen, or escape an application window that I'm currently in. To get out of an app to return to the home screen I need to keep pressing the back button, or check to see if there's a close button in the settings pop up of the window I'm in. Is there a work around for this, or a way to get the home button working?

Thanks.

hmm...did you clear data, cache, etc. when you installed the rom? Because I've been running this rom for about 3 days with no problems (other then the occasional reboot).

someone just tweeted trip has died, apparently a lethal cocktail of ics and sleep deprivation, sitting infront of a computer for too long also attributed to his passing. this is why we havent had an update in a day or so. r.i.p im trolling you dawgies

Guest staymunch

Thanks.

reboot into recovery and wipe everything it happened to me once before and that fixed it

Guest diamantericos

someone has a sick sense of humor. no ones laughing and a day or 2 we heard from him today so people should post things without fact. ps not refering to you. as the messanger your safe.

someone just tweeted trip has died, apparently a lethal cocktail of ics and sleep deprivation, sitting infront of a computer for too long also attributed to his passing. this is why we havent had an update in a day or so. r.i.p im trolling you dawgies

Guest unity04

Ah, the issue is probably occurring because I didn't do a full wipe before flashing. Will try that, and then will flash.

Have people had any issues where you set alarm, and wake up to find your phone re-booted and your alarm no longer turned on? That's my only worry, just because I've read a lot of threads of people getting phone reboots... having a working alarm clock that I can depend on is essential for me, and I'm worried if the phone reboots it'll turn the alarm off. Can anyone shed light on this is the alarm clock is stable even after a reboot?

Thanks for the responses.

Guest Shagman68
... having a working alarm clock that I can depend on is essential for me, and I'm worried if the phone reboots it'll turn the alarm off. Can anyone shed light on this is the alarm clock is stable even after a reboot?

Thanks for the responses.

Umm, use a stock or stable ROM then. You can't expect an alpha ROM to be stable in any aspect.

Guest alankrut

Hey trip, you got a twitter? ive searched but cant seem to find one.

if you are not against it, could you possibly make one so you can post about updates there.

if not its fine, the excitement of coming home from school and checking modaco is priceless cool.gif