[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

... having a working alarm clock that I can depend on is essential for me, and I'm worried if the phone reboots it'll turn the alarm off. Can anyone shed light on this is the alarm clock is stable even after a reboot?

Thanks for the responses.

Download AlarmDroid from the market. I've used as my alarm clock since I found the app 6+ months ago. I have no issues with it on 7.6 and my phone is the only alarm clock I use and it has been 100% dependable.

Guest AZ2ENVY

I tried getting TB to get SU permissions and every time I get a hard reboot . Any ideas ? And of course I did a full wipe coming over to ICS . Other

than that its pure secks *Insert drool face*

Guest thesoze

Dude, you are a lifesaver...i thought i had the settings correctly but thanks for your screenshots!!!

To fix the mms issue change your APN and delete anything under user and password.Should look like so.Screenshot_2011-12-13-19-36-50.pngScreenshot_2011-12-13-19-36-58.png

Guest Kevin0011111

Does this rom, although alpha. get better battery life then any of the 2.3.7 roms for the sensation? because battery life is pretty much number one priority to me. and if I can get better battery life, at the expense of a couple possible reboots a day, then id switch! Ive seen a couple post about battery life but was just wondering what other people get with regular usage. thanks in advance!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey trip, you got a twitter? ive searched but cant seem to find one.

if you are not against it, could you possibly make one so you can post about updates there.

if not its fine, the excitement of coming home from school and checking modaco is priceless cool.gif

I hate social networks its allready a shame that i some people have talked me in to crappy community's

I have tought about twitter to check it out cause it seems to be more professional, but since Iris ( :( ) i dont feel like socializing anymore. Pointless.

ps. who cares if i'm drinking coffee in the morning and watching television? why should i put it online? :lol:

Guest berlintzen

I hate social networks its allready a shame that i some people have talked me in to crappy community's

I have tought about twitter to check it out cause it seems to be more professional, but since Iris ( :( ) i dont feel like socializing anymore. Pointless.

ps. who cares if i'm drinking coffee in the morning and watching television? why should i put it online? :lol:

Where is the "Like" buttonbiggrin.gif

Guest paulblakely

I'm having issues with Contacts and Gmail syncing. I do a wipe before flashing the ROM and the flash Gapps immediately. I've had the issue without wiping dalvik afterwards, I've had the issue with wiping dalvik afterwards, and I've had the issue with wiping data and dalvik afterwards. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I have tought about twitter to check it out cause it seems to be more professional, but since Iris :( i dont feel like socializing anymore. Pointless.

Trip - We're basically lazy.. if we can get everything in one location then why not! Convenient but certainly not for everyone.

Happy to keep on pressing F5 here on Modaco if that's what it takes.. that much I CAN do..

Guest Vexation

Haha TripNTwit xD that's not really a bad name though xD

However, I've been drawing blanks on my Wi-Fi issue. I reflashed three times now, Superwiping each time, and it only lets me connect to a network once. If I put the phone to sleep, it stops working entirely. Even after a reboot it won't turn back on.

Also noticed something funky with calling people. It rings for about 5 seconds, and then stops. This happened on multiple occasions.

I havn't heard of other people having this issue, so did I do something wrong?!

Guest MartijnGP

Ah, the issue is probably occurring because I didn't do a full wipe before flashing. Will try that, and then will flash.

Have people had any issues where you set alarm, and wake up to find your phone re-booted and your alarm no longer turned on? That's my only worry, just because I've read a lot of threads of people getting phone reboots... having a working alarm clock that I can depend on is essential for me, and I'm worried if the phone reboots it'll turn the alarm off. Can anyone shed light on this is the alarm clock is stable even after a reboot?

Thanks for the responses.

You should never rely on an alpha ROM for important things.

It's happened to me one now. The phone turned off, and when I pressed the power button it went to the HTC loading screen. It never woke me. I've got my old HTC Hero around to do wake me up for me so it didn't cause a problem for me, but you shouldn't rely on this.

What do you prefer, to have bluetooth and sending files to other people with some kind of esporadic technology that maybe you might use once in a week (I don't use it since i had my Nexus One)... or to take some photos, that yes would be cool, but man think about this:

HWAcceleration makes the device more stable, less hangs, more compatibilty, better usage of apps, games...

So I think that maybe the priority right now is the usability and the stability.

Maybe I'm wrong

HWAcc makes it faster. How would it make the device more stable or compatible, or how would it make apps better apart from rendering graphic apps slightly faster? The camera is actually the only thing holding me off. From Trip's perspective however, it's understandable to sorting out kernel issues first as it might introduce legacy bugs otherwise.

I found my way around. I enabled instant email notification and set up a filter in Gmail so I only get a notification if you made a post. I am very happy with it, because it keeps the scatter away from me :))

Guest gmanlynx

I will consider a TripNTwit account lolz (the name is as bad as the idea :lol: :blink: )

*runs to take the name*

Lol jk, I think you should, that way we don't I don't have to go to you're profile 6 times a day and look at you're posts to read the only thing I care about

Guest TripNRaVeR

I have Twitter :o

edit:

can anyone enlighten me how it works? do i need to sms things to twitter or what :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Bathyon

Twitter is great for updates.

Quite a few I follow for software updates. I just swipe to my widget on my phone and see whats been updated.

Or just use google+ for status updates. That way you can post pics, videos and longer posts. People can follow you but you don't have to follow back. I think you can turn of comments of your posts also to keep discussions in the forum. Nice if you don't want to be present in social media all the time to answer questions etc. I use google+ mostly to follow software developement and think it works great for that. Nice to get notifications in phone, browser and mail and to be able to +1 your posts ;)

Guest zeroprobe

I have Twitter :o

edit:

can anyone enlighten me how it works? do i need to sms things to twitter or what :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

You should just be able to login and post an update under whats happening. Then all of your followers will receive it. What is your name on there tripntweet?