[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

I'll wait for the next HTC flagship to arrive and then i switch. HTC is quite good and lots of stuff to find for. Altough i would love to have the "Google phone" but not as long as it is Samsung. Will HTC be makin a nexus again??????

Guest dextroz

Trip,

Thanks for a fantastic alpha! Everything was working for me very well within the limits you have already specified.

I was sad to leave the ROM however because I need wifi calling to make my plan with t-mobile worth it.

I went to this thread/post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16142601&postcount=1 and followed the instructions. I did not replace any existing files in the ROM. The wifi-calling app would hang at checking SIM validity.

Needless to day, I will be following your thread closely :-)

Good luck!

Guest eggyenergy666
I'll wait for the next HTC flagship to arrive and then i switch. HTC is quite good and lots of stuff to find for. Altough i would love to have the "Google phone" but not as long as it is Samsung. Will HTC be makin a nexus again??????

I hope so!

Guest madenssblade

hopfuly i can dream .samsung tend to make think feel cheap biggrin.gif

Guest ronaldramsayii

I hope so!

Yeah me too. I was considering the Galaxy Nexus, but haven't really played with it in hand to even know what it's like. I know this much....if the Sensation comes even remotely close to the Galaxy Nexus in terms of performance....I'm definitely not switching. It probably does anyway...

Guest Dullert

Yeah me too. I was considering the Galaxy Nexus, but haven't really played with it in hand to even know what it's like. I know this much....if the Sensation comes even remotely close to the Galaxy Nexus in terms of performance....I'm definitely not switching. It probably does anyway...

Check the review below:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-nexus-1039209/review

Summarized: the google nexus is only fancy because of his screen and because its the first phone with ICS. Remove ICS and its hardly better than the SG 2 or sensation. I'm not switching for this phone...

Guest BummAround

Say what you will but the Galaxy Nexus is a fabulous phone.. it really is a complete package and while I'm fond of my Sensation I'm not sure it's going to be a match for the GN.

Same position with Trip, wishfully waiting for HTC's next "big thing", of course with reasonable pricing.

Samsung's Touchwiz as more annoying than HTC's Sense. <_<

Guest ronaldramsayii

I wonder what theming ICS will be like. It's way more polished than its ever been. I can't begin to imagine the amount of .9 images that's there. OMG not looking forward to it lol

Guest MartijnGP

Same here. I'd like a Google phone, but I don't want it to be made out of derderangs plastic huh.gif

Guest Bathyon

I wonder what theming ICS will be like. It's way more polished than its ever been. I can't begin to imagine the amount of .9 images that's there. OMG not looking forward to it lol

I'm very interested in this also. Google said theming should be easier and better implemented when they announced ICS, but I havn't heard anything about it since then. Anyone have info regarding this? Sorry for OT.

Guest ronaldramsayii

I'm very interested in this also. Google said theming should be easier and better implemented when they announced ICS, but I havn't heard anything about it since then. Anyone have info regarding this? Sorry for OT.

I'mma comb through the Framework-res and SystemUI since that's where the base of theming starts

WOW.....AOSP from Gingerbread had about 800 imgs.....it's now over 1000.....almost 1300 to be more precise...

Definitely a lot more .9 imgs. DANG i hate em

Imagine a green or white ICS theme....Should be cool

Edited by ronaldramsayii

Either my battery stats aren't displaying correctly or this last build has insane battery life.

I unplugged my phone this morning before going to work (at around 6 AM), came back home at around 4 PM ... so that's roughly 10 hours the phone has been off the charger. I just had a couple of phone calls (it was a very quiet day regarding calls), didn't have data enabled or anything (had 3G enabled tho) and the battery percentage only dropped by 3%. From 100% to 97% in 10 hours blink.gif. JUST AMAZING!

Nice going Trip.

Guest Pmcglynn

I had the same problem then I called T-Mobile and got a free signal booster. I gotta thread on xda on how to get it. If your house is where your not getting good signal at.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk Pro.

Edited by Pmcglynn

Guest Kevin0011111

Either my battery stats aren't displaying correctly or this last build has insane battery life.

I unplugged my phone this morning before going to work (at around 6 AM), came back home at around 4 PM ... so that's roughly 10 hours the phone has been off the charger. I just had a couple of phone calls (it was a very quiet day regarding calls), didn't have data enabled or anything (had 3G enabled tho) and the battery percentage only dropped by 3%. From 100% to 97% in 10 hours blink.gif. JUST AMAZING!

Nice going Trip.

Trip can you comment on this? is this really just how battery efficient ICS is? Or is this just a bug? because I could of swore that before ICS was released and its was nothing but talk by Google I could of swore they said ICS will bring much better battery life. I sure hope this is true!

Say what you will but the Galaxy Nexus is a fabulous phone.. it really is a complete package and while I'm fond of my Sensation I'm not sure it's going to be a match for the GN.

Well, Galaxy Nexus has no SD, has a 5Mpx Camera, The Adreno 220 from our Sensation DESTROYS the SGX540 from the Galaxy Nexus... So I think my Sensation's far better :)

The only thing to envy from that is the NFC, the Gorgeus 4,6'' 720p LED screen (something that I like, not all people does), and of course the fully working ICS xD

That would be gorgeus, nothing was compared to my old beloved Nexus One on it's time, HTC does a good work by manufacturing devices, the only thing that Samsung is better is on their screens, anyways my Nexus One got LED screen, so impossible is nothing :)

Edited by Kaahru

The next flagship can be by Motorola as Google bought it.

True, forgot about that, anyways, the RAZR Droid looks pretty sexy aswell... Just a bad interface for my likes xD

Guest zapbrannigan

I have tried dozens of ROMs, Usually they would last 4 to 5 hours of heavy usage. For some reason, this ICS build is really efficient when it comes to saving battery. I unplugged it at 1 pm, I used it the whole day, I forgot to charge it during the night, I woke up and there was still 24 percent left.

My question is, has the battery life really improved in ICS? since we know how infamous the sensation was battery wise. Or is it just a bug of some sort .