[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Joel lock

Yeah I just told him if he didn't its cool cuz the next update will fix a lot of the reboot issues which most of us would rather alleviate. But it would be a surprise and a treat if it was included. Saves him an extra Alpha. Gets him closer to beta.

id rather wait 2 or 3 days for him to fix all those bugs than to have them in his next release..

Guest nba1341

i wanted the on screen buttons to get the feel of how the GN is

also i know that if you hold the home button u get multitasking, but it isnt as fast as just taping a button which makes it cooler

besides the button bar doesnt take that much of the screenpost-825903-0-40214600-1324054926_thumb.

see?

those buttons are stupid and are actually soft buttons on the nexus not part of the screen!

plus the galaxy nexus is a crappy phone its a joke no sd card slot plus it regressed from samsung galaxy s2.

Guest Joel lock

those buttons are stupid and are actually soft buttons on the nexus not part of the screen!

plus the galaxy nexus is a crappy phone its a joke no sd card slot plus it regressed from samsung galaxy s2.

actually, those buttons are part of ICS..the reason why we dont need them is because we have the soft key buttons on the bottom, which are part of the phone itself

Guest stonew508

seems like the 'low storage space' error when trying to open apps spreads like a virus over time. weird. I can't get launcher to work even :-( still impressed, thanks for the work trip. Its gettin' suuuper close.

Edited by stonew508

Guest alex-343

Totally off topic but wouldn't it be nice if google implanted a feature which would show what app was still running in the background and what app wasn't, when you bring up the multitasking list.

Ga zo door trip!!!

Guest Arz Bhatia

Can't seem to get the Search button be the multi-tasking button in a single click. Pressed click works but there's no point of that.

Sorry guys :( I tried a lot :(

Guest staymunch

Can't seem to get the Search button be the multi-tasking button in a single click. Pressed click works but there's no point of that.

Sorry guys :( I tried a lot :(

Oh well thanks for the effort

Guest ChaoticEko

I have an unlimted bandwidth/storage server I can get you ftp access to for releases if you would rather use that than rapidshare.

Thanks for all the hard work! Im going to throw a beer your way soon enough.

Edited by ChaoticEko

Guest tatico28

I went ahead and did what most people here should do (donated $10 to Trip), this guy is doing a great job at porting this ics rom; if people just could anderstand that we have to try to ask less and read more and try to give some insentive to the developer. cheers ! S0077A uploading !!!!!

Guest stroobach

I went ahead and did what most people here should do (donated $10 to Trip), this guy is doing a great job at porting this ics rom; if people just could anderstand that we have to try to ask less and read more and try to give some insentive to the developer. cheers ! S0077A uploading !!!!!

a few things..

trip isnt ´porting´ its build from source.

second

great you donated :D

and last yeas people reaaaaddd

i can say i hate everyone and almost no one would notice it :3

im curious about the next update.. i hope it feels more complete

Guest ronaldramsayii

a few things..

trip isnt ´porting´ its build from source.

second

great you donated

and last yeas people reaaaaddd

i can say i hate everyone and almost no one would notice it :3

im curious about the next update.. i hope it feels more complete

It most likely will. Aside from the flickering. I wonder what's in 4.0.3. I heard there's been a lot of improvements!

Guest TripNRaVeR

UPDATE:

S0077A will stay in ALPHA phase, do not ask for beta's or finals! I dont care what i said before, this is like it is.. deal with it. (or flash sense)

Who cares whatever the name of the rom is? I dont put it in beta as long as i dont find it good enough. Even if everything works and i dont find it good enough then it will stay alpha.

Hereby i recall the earlier annouced development stages. Rom will stay in alpha phase untill further notice. No specific reason just because i'm getting sick of people requesting for an beta. I offer my spare time for you so be thankfull for that! (or flash sense)

That being said;

Changelog (incomplete)

- MAPS

should be able to update

- Hw accelerator

needs work

its a long story to exactly explain the status with this thing, it is ON and RUNNING if you dont believe then just run logcat and move trough the launcher. :)

- "TripNHack" the so-called 150 FPS hack/booster/patch

small issues but does what it needs to do

To see it in action; Quadrant test with the globe for example, or add a line to build.prop (debug.gr.calcfps=1) and check logcat. Even when you move trough the user interface the FPS ticks on ~150

- Net / IPv4 / IPv6 / QTA fixes

nothing special just lots of bugs fixed for ICS

- Adreno HC Framebuffer kernel drivers

stability improvements involving 2D/3D/HW Dec usage

Straight copy past from kernel config:

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_HC_MR1=y
CONFIG_ENLARGE_PER_PROCESS_PAGE_TABLE=y
[/code]

[b]- Puccini enhanced

[/b][i]the list:

[/i]video drivers

display drivers

memory allocation

panel detection

mipi

dsi

self refreshing

[b]- Backport

[/b][i]from 3.0.8

[/i]genlock

Quite some things on the road i forgot but this is what i remember lolz

[b]- W.I.P

[/b][i]this list contains the important things that needs work

[/i]I.O.N.

Genlock issues (possible hw accel. fix)

[b]- Release Notes

[/b]due to the enabled hw accelerator the battery life is extremely bad because of the "state" issues and the buffer that is missing (or wrongly adressed) it is contiously busy with the errors.

enable 2D gpu accel. in the settings menu for improved performance, after some usage the rom gets faster and it fixes the lag when browsing settings menu for example

[b]DOWNLOAD:

[/b]https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

http://www.mediafire...bw1b8fg6ksxz1um

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest ronaldramsayii

UPDATE:

S0077A will stay in ALPHA phase, do not ask for beta's or finals! I dont care what i said before, this is like it is.. deal with it. (or flash sense)

Who cares whatever the name of the rom is? I dont put it in beta as long as i dont find it good enough. Even if everything works and i dont find it good enough then it will stay alpha.

Hereby i recall the earlier annouced development stages. Rom will stay in alpha phase untill further notice. No specific reason just because i'm getting sick of people requesting for an beta. I offer my spare time for you so be thankfull for that! (or flash sense)

That being said;

Changelog (incomplete)

- MAPS

should be able to update

- Hw accelerator

needs work

its a long story to exactly explain the status with this thing, it is ON and RUNNING if you dont believe then just run logcat and move trough the launcher. :)

To see it in action; Quadrant test with the globe for example, or add a line to build.prop (debug.gr.calcfps=1) and check logcat. Even when you move trough the user interface the FPS ticks on ~150

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_HC_MR1=y

- Puccini enhanced

the list:

video drivers

display drivers

memory allocation

panel detection

mipi

dsi

self refreshing

- Backport

from 3.0.8

genlock

- W.I.P

this list contains the important things that needs work

I.O.N.

- Release Notes

due to the enabled hw accelerator the battery life is extremely bad because of the "state" issues and the buffer that is missing (or wrongly adressed) it is contiously busy with the errors.

enable 2D gpu accel. in the settings menu for improved performance, after some usage the rom gets faster and it fixes the lag when browsing settings menu for example

DOWNLOAD:

https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

I appreciate the willingness to get it to a certain point before BETA.

I appreciate this update, as it's downloading now lol

I appreciate you keeping us up to date and allowing us to test this

I appreciate your patience and not being too annoyed by those asking for ETAs and stuff....

Thanks A Lot Trip! Donation coming......

Guest Arz Bhatia

I speak for all of your fans - We are really sorry for acting childish, we truly appreciate your work and always hope for the best. We get what we want in time, we just get a little to excited.

Thank you so much Trip, I wish I could donate.

Guest exxpired
UPDATE:

That being said;

Changelog (incomplete)

- MAPS

should be able to update

- Hw accelerator

needs work

its a long story to exactly explain the status with this thing, it is ON and RUNNING if you dont believe then just run logcat and move trough the launcher.

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_HC_MR1=y

- Puccini enhanced

the list:

video drivers

display drivers

memory allocation

panel detection

mipi

dsi

self refreshing

- Backport

from 3.0.8

genlock

- W.I.P

this list contains the important things that needs work

I.O.N.

- Release Notes

due to the enabled hw accelerator the battery life is extremely bad because of the "state" issues and the buffer that is missing (or wrongly adressed) it is contiously busy with the errors.

DOWNLOAD:

https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

Everyone should read this to stop useless question (or flash sense) :P good job trip flash when I get back from commute home!!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Just wondering trip when you say battery life is bad, how bad are we talking? :P

Not tested much but with heavy usage it can be extremely bad (or you may try disabling the hw accel.) lolz

I dont think it lasts very long but i'm just as curious what it exactly is :lol:

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest stroobach

did some testing.

it feels nice it looks nice but it gets hot as hell..

i almost burned my finger.. its like 60 degrees celsius. all i did was some quadrant and flying trough the apps

second is with 2d forced on the screen flickers.. like going on and of like a stoboscope.. or how it even is spelled.. its flickering very fast for a view seconds.. when im entering a new screen.. not like the red thing but just going on and off

3rd its almost 150fps. :P 140 max for me ;)

Edited by stroobach

Guest TripNRaVeR

did some testing.

it feels nice it looks nice but it gets hot as hell..

i almost burned my finger.. its like 60 degrees celsius. all i did was some quadrant and flying trough the apps

second is with 2d forced on the screen flickers.. like going on and of like a stoboscope.. or how it even is spelled.. its flickering very fast for a view seconds..

3rd its almost 150fps. :P 140 max for me ;)

Lol no the flickering is when heavy using 2D/3D apps (benchmarking for example) just wait a few sec for it to settle again.

I dont have the issue of getting hot but the rest known