[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest ronaldramsayii

Just reporting in....it may just be me, but when I open Titanium Backup with HW Acceleration forced.....I get a reboot. I did it every time and it restarted

EDIT: Turned off, it works fine. I'll test and see what other apps causes a reboot with 2D enforced. Thanks a lot for your hard work Trip

Edited by ronaldramsayii

Guest stroobach

Lol no the flickering is when heavy using 2D/3D apps (benchmarking for example) just wait a few sec for it to settle again.

I dont have the issue of getting hot but the rest known

hmk i will probebly flash it back to sense/miui.. it still doesnt feel complete

its missing something, could be ICS or could be me :3

its not you its me :3

Guest ronaldramsayii

Hey Trip....the question I'm about to ask, I'm asking just so I know what you may have planned.....

Once the source code is released for 4.0.3, if it hasn't been already, do you have plans to upgrade to it?

Guest unity04

When you flash the update so you need to do a wipe of all data on your phone if you already have the previous version of the ROM installed, or can u just flash over?

Guest Chilled26
When you flash the update so you need to do a wipe of all data on your phone if you already have the previous version of the ROM installed, or can u just flash over?

Flash over it wipes your data anyways.

Sent from my TripNiCE Pyramid using Tapatalk

you need to wipe, the rom already does this for you though... btw first post =o)

Guest TripNRaVeR

If you flashed it before you should know that the zip will wipe everything 2 times by itself.

Guest down4life

Flashed, no flickering, forced hw, seem ok..till now, no problems...

earlier, did get some reboots when accesing mail, now its ok.

edit: touch is much responsive...

Edited by down4life

Guest TripNRaVeR

WOW! Now I don't know our device in detail, but the update looks like it may make things a bit more easier in terms of building a AOSP ICS build for our Sensations. Hopefully that's the case. I'm definitely looking forward to more and more improvements that are being made.

I'm here to crash you're hope, it doesnt help the Pyramid device. :huh:

Guest maharadja

did some testing.

it feels nice it looks nice but it gets hot as hell..

i almost burned my finger.. its like 60 degrees celsius. all i did was some quadrant and flying trough the apps

second is with 2d forced on the screen flickers.. like going on and of like a stoboscope.. or how it even is spelled.. its flickering very fast for a view seconds.. when im entering a new screen.. not like the red thing but just going on and off

3rd its almost 150fps. :P 140 max for me ;)

I have the same overheading making me scary...

really hot ^^

and i haved undervolved the cpu -0.125 v (@ 1,53) but only used @ 1,34 Ghz

Hmm thats the same i had flashing normal sensation kernels on my XE^^

Guest ronaldramsayii

I'm here to crash you're hope, it doesnt help the Pyramid device. :huh:

LOL Ok. Well you've done a hell of a job regardless. But I did have a feeling it didn't.....i was hoping I was wrong lol

Guest ronaldramsayii

I have the same overheading making me scary...

really hot ^^

I'm not having any heat issues.....

Guest TripNRaVeR

Quadrant = ????

CF Bench = ????

SunSpider = ????

can from anyone tell me the scores..

Quadrant doesnt say anything it gives only 2800 while antutu gives 1000 point higher then Gingerbread. Quadrant is only nice for playing and very quick testing purposes for developers.

Updated kernel:

device20111216234120.jpg

I see this post just yet but are you kiddin me? As far as i know the voltage on my rom is set to 1,275v MAX

I hope you made a typo (or you want to bake an egg then its also ok)

Edited by TripNRaVeR

UPDATE:

S0077A will stay in ALPHA phase, do not ask for beta's or finals! I dont care what i said before, this is like it is.. deal with it. (or flash sense)

Who cares whatever the name of the rom is? I dont put it in beta as long as i dont find it good enough. Even if everything works and i dont find it good enough then it will stay alpha.

Hereby i recall the earlier annouced development stages. Rom will stay in alpha phase untill further notice. No specific reason just because i'm getting sick of people requesting for an beta. I offer my spare time for you so be thankfull for that! (or flash sense)

That being said;

Changelog (incomplete)

- MAPS

should be able to update

- Hw accelerator

needs work

its a long story to exactly explain the status with this thing, it is ON and RUNNING if you dont believe then just run logcat and move trough the launcher. :)

- "TripNHack" the so-called 150 FPS hack/booster/patch

small issues but does what it needs to do

To see it in action; Quadrant test with the globe for example, or add a line to build.prop (debug.gr.calcfps=1) and check logcat. Even when you move trough the user interface the FPS ticks on ~150

- Net / IPv4 / IPv6 / QTA fixes

nothing special just lots of bugs fixed for ICS

- Adreno HC Framebuffer kernel drivers

stability improvements involving 2D/3D/HW Dec usage

Straight copy past from kernel config:

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_HC_MR1=y

CONFIG_ENLARGE_PER_PROCESS_PAGE_TABLE=y

- Puccini enhanced

the list:

video drivers

display drivers

memory allocation

panel detection

mipi

dsi

self refreshing

- Backport

from 3.0.8

genlock

Quite some things on the road i forgot but this is what i remember lolz

- W.I.P

this list contains the important things that needs work

I.O.N.

Genlock issues (possible hw accel. fix)

- Release Notes

due to the enabled hw accelerator the battery life is extremely bad because of the "state" issues and the buffer that is missing (or wrongly adressed) it is contiously busy with the errors.

enable 2D gpu accel. in the settings menu for improved performance, after some usage the rom gets faster and it fixes the lag when browsing settings menu for example

DOWNLOAD:

https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

http://www.mediafire...bw1b8fg6ksxz1um

i get package file was not signed correctly when i try to update google maps. im thinking there is something wrong with the maps app or my market and not the rom itslef right?

Edited by xmoiix

Guest maharadja

I see this post just yet but are you kiddin me? As far as i know the voltage on my rom is set to 1,275v MAX

I hope you made a typo (or you want to bake an egg then its also ok)

i lowerd the voltage to 1,100mV @ 1,53Ghz

with system tuner pro with the "-12,5 mV" buttom^^