[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest elroy944

Why doesnt Viber work?

viber is not working on any ICS versions at the moment.

but you guys can make in antutu the 3d benchmark? all benchmarks are working except 3d, i tried also custom with only 3d and the antutu apps restarts itself. should it make difference on sensation XE and normal sensation? i'm using the XE

Guest NickClarke40

Hi Trip,

Thanks for all your great work, have a beer on me;

Confirmation number: 2F993268SA295505P

Thanks & keep up the good work

UPDATE:

S0077A will stay in ALPHA phase, do not ask for beta's or finals! I dont care what i said before, this is like it is.. deal with it. (or flash sense)

Who cares whatever the name of the rom is? I dont put it in beta as long as i dont find it good enough. Even if everything works and i dont find it good enough then it will stay alpha.

Hereby i recall the earlier annouced development stages. Rom will stay in alpha phase untill further notice. No specific reason just because i'm getting sick of people requesting for an beta. I offer my spare time for you so be thankfull for that! (or flash sense)

That being said;

Changelog (incomplete)

- MAPS

should be able to update

- Hw accelerator

needs work

its a long story to exactly explain the status with this thing, it is ON and RUNNING if you dont believe then just run logcat and move trough the launcher. :)

- "TripNHack" the so-called 150 FPS hack/booster/patch

small issues but does what it needs to do

To see it in action; Quadrant test with the globe for example, or add a line to build.prop (debug.gr.calcfps=1) and check logcat. Even when you move trough the user interface the FPS ticks on ~150

- Net / IPv4 / IPv6 / QTA fixes

nothing special just lots of bugs fixed for ICS

- Adreno HC Framebuffer kernel drivers

stability improvements involving 2D/3D/HW Dec usage

Straight copy past from kernel config:

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_HC_MR1=y

CONFIG_ENLARGE_PER_PROCESS_PAGE_TABLE=y

- Puccini enhanced

the list:

video drivers

display drivers

memory allocation

panel detection

mipi

dsi

self refreshing

- Backport

from 3.0.8

genlock

Quite some things on the road i forgot but this is what i remember lolz

- W.I.P

this list contains the important things that needs work

I.O.N.

Genlock issues (possible hw accel. fix)

- Release Notes

due to the enabled hw accelerator the battery life is extremely bad because of the "state" issues and the buffer that is missing (or wrongly adressed) it is contiously busy with the errors.

enable 2D gpu accel. in the settings menu for improved performance, after some usage the rom gets faster and it fixes the lag when browsing settings menu for example

DOWNLOAD:

https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

http://www.mediafire...bw1b8fg6ksxz1um

Guest Da Baron

Trip

Dude! Thanks for all the hard work & effort once again for providing this really cool ROM for us Sensation owners. I ain't gonna complain one ioda cause this is by far my favorite port that i've flashed on my mobile devices.

Much obliged...

~

Da Baron

Guest nonione

greatest update so far :)

not getting THAT warm, i can play 3d games now

much much much much more smothness!

flickering is funny lol it doesnt bother that much just like a sec or 2

thanks a lot tripnraver!

Guest steini81

@Trip

Awesome job man!!! Battery not getting hot, benchmarks are a dream never thought that such scores are possible. Almost no flickering (2Times but only very low). Till now everything is rock stable and all apps are working without reboots or freezes.

Thanks to the best Dev on planet, will donate asap.

@Arz

Titanium says System Rom: 787Mb (571Mb free)

Internal Storage: 1.14Gb (983Mb free with 25 user apps installed)

Tapatalked with my Revolver powered Asus Transformer

Edited by steini81

Guest staymunch

@Trip

Awesome job man!!! Battery not getting hot, benchmarks are a dream never thought that such scores are possible. Almost no flickering (2Times but only very low). Till now everything is rock stable and all apps are working without reboots or freezes.

Thanks to the best Dev on planet, will donate asap.

@Arz

Titanium says System Rom: 787Mb (571Mb free)

Internal Storage: 1.14Gb (983Mb free with 25 user apps installed)

Tapatalked with my Revolver powered Asus Transformer

mines is about the same storage wise but i still get tthe low memory notice even with almost a gig free huh.gif

Guest steini81

mines is about the same storage wise but i still get tthe low memory notice even with almost a gig free

Had the same problem with alpha 7.6 but after i switched from live to static wallpaper the message didn't come again. Did you try to wipe caches again and fix permissions?

Tapatalked from my ICS Sensation XE powered by TripNRaVeR

Guest ronaldramsayii

Yeah I get the low memory thing when trying to use Gallery Lock. It only does it with certain pics though. Don't want people seeing my wife all over my phone lol.

Guest BummAround

Sorry off topic, but I can't run Mobo Player at all.

Installation went OK, but it won't run.

Prompted for a codec installation requirement.

So downloaded the specific codec that's required & installed the apk.

But, it prompted for the codec again as app is being run. Fail. :rolleyes:

Looking for a reason to flash? I was, until temptation got the better of me.. SO SMOOTH!!

*FIRST IMPRESSIONS*

When I first read about 7.7 I thought it was going to be worse, with the errors, flickering.

Being the AnDrOiDhEaD that I am I decided to flash anyway, so glad I did. Feels alot more fluid now, not that I thought that was possible.

The transition from a 3d game back to your launcher is seamless, as is every other transition. Playing Spirit HD and its kicking ass.

No heat, just speed.

Edited by frcfed

Guest diogened

I have now tested Trip's awesome rom an I must say that the Sensation really shines with ICS on. With ICS it is probably one of the best phones out there if not the best. What are your thoughts?

I have now tested Trip's awesome rom an I must say that the Sensation really shines with ICS on. With ICS it is probably one of the best phones out there if not the best. What are your thoughts?

I would have to agree with you. I can't wait for a working camera as I love taking pics of my new baby.

Guest Raul602

I would have to agree with you. I can't wait for a working camera as I love taking pics of my new baby.

im just wating for in call volume to be fixed, i could barely hear people last time i flashed it, other than that it worked amazingly well

Guest diogened

Ice cold beer coming your way trip. 9MW54664J3336330U

No complaints about the rom. excellent.

I would just like to ask you to fix the phone thingy in one of your cigarette brakes. Pleeeeaze....

Guest vikorth

Not that it is on the list of more important things to be fixed but just to report. The ezpdf reader app does not work (has not worked on earlier versions too) and when I tried to download adobe reader app it says in market that it is not compatible with my phone. Just wondering what is the issue her, ROM or something else.

Guest ericbond

So reporting in on the battery life, after 5 and a half hours, the phone has used 22% of the battery. WiFi has been on the whole time and auto-brightness enabled. Mainly been using the phone for texting in this time period with the odd forray online and 20 minutes of playing drag racer. I should also point out im using a 1900mah anker battery not the stock one.

Great work Trip, can't wait to see whats next! :)

Guest dvandit

Lol yes we know. Kernel source has been released as well.

does it mean nay good >?

i read all the post on the website, but clearly didnt understand it.

can someone clear it out for me pleasE?