[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest scream_clarity

Then I advise you simply reflash. Boot into recovery and reflash. That should restore everything to stock. Maybe that'll fix it for you.

I have tried half a dozen times. I wipe system, clear the cache, flash, wipe the dalvic, fix permissions and boot. It says 'Upgrading Android', goes through 64 apps then just stops at the Setup Wizard and shows the message over and over. I can get to settings by dragging the notification bar down and pressing the settings icon. When I go into processes, there isn't anything. No apps, nothing running, nothing at all. I do appreciate all of you help and I guess I'll keep trying.

ITS WORKING!

Edited by scream_clarity

Guest thesoze

Redownload the file - seems maybe it was slightly corrupt...and superwipe before flashing

I have tried half a dozen times. I wipe system, clear the cache, flash, wipe the dalvic, fix permissions and boot. It says 'Upgrading Android', goes through 64 apps then just stops at the Setup Wizard and shows the message over and over. I can get to settings by dragging the notification bar down and pressing the settings icon. When I go into processes, there isn't anything. No apps, nothing running, nothing at all. I do appreciate all of you help and I guess I'll keep trying.

ITS WORKING!

Guest Vexation

Redownload the file - seems maybe it was slightly corrupt...and superwipe before flashing

The 7.7 version superwipes everything twice. So there's no real need to Superwipe beforehand (I still do it though, just to be sure)

Guest threeeye

If you read his post you would realize he was asking for how to accomplish these tasks. Rather than attack him about being alpha you could have answered his questions rather than troll.

Example:

Is there any way to get battery % ?

-Why sure there is. Download this free app called Battery Indicator. This will give you an icon in the top left. If you want to replace the stock icon you will have to cook up one in the kitchen using your framework and system ui apks.

http://uot.dakra.lt/

Is there any way to get the music player to skip to the next song when pressing the vol up ?

-Well sure there is. But that one is a little more complex so you will have to wait till addons become available for this rom. That will probably not be until it is in a more final/stable stage as that is when themes and addons can start to be developed.

Or there are many other music apps and one might already have this functionality within it. Do a search on the android market or on google for android music apps. miui app is a good one.

Thanks for defending me... LOL

I can do complex... (and it seems than I can't do simple stuff - I tried many times to do it with UOT)

Lol wow..attack him? Wasn't trying to but he's not the first to ask which is why I provided the same reply.

I do appreciate you helping him though I won't say anything to that. But the way I understood was he wanted battery percentages in the stock battery indicator and I know UOT isn't compatible with ICS yet.

As for the volume button feature that I know was on CM hasn't been implemented yet. Trip is still bettering other things. So I feel my response was necessary.

Still ...thanks for helping him out.

Yes, that was an attack, and I've read most of the 114 pages and I didn't see anyone mention it...

CM Settings has these 2 options...

Is it possible to flash the CM settings just for these options ? (I know that it is not ICS compatible, but maybe we can enable only part of it...)

BTW, someone mentioned to update RILs and RADIO, any suggestions ?

Guest ronaldramsayii

Thanks for defending me... LOL

I can do complex... (and it seems than I can't do simple stuff - I tried many times to do it with UOT)

Yes, that was an attack, and I've read most of the 114 pages and I didn't see anyone mention it...

CM Settings has these 2 options...

Is it possible to flash the CM settings just for these options ? (I know that it is not ICS compatible, but maybe we can enable only part of it...)

BTW, someone mentioned to update RILs and RADIO, any suggestions ?

I know the CM Settings doesn't work....it has a few things that has to be integrated within the framework.....We have to wait for Trip to set it up...

Guest petar.bgd

Rephrased, then: anybody knows an ICS-compatible, working, video/media player? ;)

Don't want to annoy you but MX player is ICS compatibile and it works in last 3 releases. Maybe reflashing will sort it out.

edit : no need for additional codecs download

Edited by petar.bgd

Guest JassyCliq

The 7.7 version superwipes everything twice. So there's no real need to Superwipe beforehand (I still do it though, just to be sure)

Not necessarily true. Super wipe also wipes .android_secure which can cause issues if not done.

Hi Everyone

Can someone please help me with my wifi!!? With the latest 7.7 alpha when I turn the wifi on as you see in the pictures there is no networks in the list and also search button not functioning!!!

I have this problem with older builds too :(

Other than great ROM so far :D

You might also make sure all of the contact points on the back of the phone are making good contact with the case. I was getting zero gps satellites on my phone and I tried everything. Finally, I took a little flat head screwdriver and gently pried the contacts up to make sure they made a solid. I know my problem was wifi, but you never know. Maybe this will help you too since our phones are so sensitive to their antennas.

Guest Lucas Childers

Can someone help me? I dont want to reflash the ROM, I set a screen lock on the phone but have now decided I dont want it. The problem is when I try to press none or slide, it says that its blocked by administrator, credentials or, encryption policy.

Help please?

Lucas

Guest ronaldramsayii
Can someone help me? I dont want to reflash the ROM, I set a screen lock on the phone but have now decided I dont want it. The problem is when I try to press none or slide, it says that its blocked by administrator, credentials or, encryption policy.

Help please?

Lucas

Try clearing dalvic cache. If not you may have to wipe again.

You might also make sure all of the contact points on the back of the phone are making good contact with the case. I was getting zero gps satellites on my phone and I tried everything. Finally, I took a little flat head screwdriver and gently pried the contacts up to make sure they made a solid. I know my problem was wifi, but you never know. Maybe this will help you too since our phones are so sensitive to their antennas.

that is not related to hardware its the problem only for this rom i have the same problem too it sais wifi turning on and thats it! nothing happens i almost tried everything radios version 89 86 88 nothing works and thats somthing with the rom my backedup rom works perfect

also there are other problems like can not removing password or pattern lock ... low storage message which is in fact noting but force close i think ...

Guest ronaldramsayii

that is not related to hardware its the problem only for this rom i have the same problem too it sais wifi turning on and thats it! nothing happens i almost tried everything radios version 89 86 88 nothing works and thats somthing with the rom my backedup rom works perfect

also there are other problems like can not removing password or pattern lock ... low storage message which is in fact noting but force close i think ...

Which is why its an Alpha.

Guest Pmcglynn

I believe Trips signature has a donation link.

Hmm, anyone else having difficulties with mounting the sd card this release? Or am I borking it up with the widget?

Thank you. :rolleyes:

Guest Vexation

As far as the Wi-fi issue goes, I had the same thing on 7.6, after flashing 7.7 that issue seems to have dissapeared though. Did you Superwipe before flashing? What helped me was flashing a CM7 Rom, then followed by a Sense Rom, then superwipe and flash 7.7. That's when I noticed it was fixed for me.

For the password issue, that's probably the same issue as not being able to turn spellcheck off in the native keyboard. It will get fixed in time I guess.

Guest stonew508

As far as the Wi-fi issue goes, I had the same thing on 7.6, after flashing 7.7 that issue seems to have dissapeared though. Did you Superwipe before flashing? What helped me was flashing a CM7 Rom, then followed by a Sense Rom, then superwipe and flash 7.7. That's when I noticed it was fixed for me.

For the password issue, that's probably the same issue as not being able to turn spellcheck off in the native keyboard. It will get fixed in time I guess.

also, if you're dumb like me, you didn't realize that once wifi turns on it won't ask you to connect to a network. you have to click the word 'wifi' in settings to reach the access points.

Guest ronaldramsayii
the only thing keeping me from using this rom is the low memory message slowly taking over. anybody figure out how to kill that yet?

Not quite. We just gotta wait and see what Trip surprises us with.

Guest steini81

Help please?

Lucas

In settings - security settings there is an Administrator Option. Take a look if you have to uncheck it there.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by TripNRaVeR

Guest ronaldramsayii
Can i change the kernel on the alpha? I know the rom is far from finished but im just curious :-) cheers

You can try whatever you want....its your phone. But please be aware that's it not recommended.

Guest stonew508

Does anyone else get complaints on the other end of a call about an echo?

no, but I wish we could change the in call volume lol.

why dont you try leaving yourself a voice message and see what it sounds like?

Edited by stonew508

Guest nonione

Okay now I really wanna try out the on screen buttons but I cant seem to compile the framework-res.apk back on, can someone with onscreen buttons upload their framework-res.apk please?

here you go,

http://www.mediafire...cman1eue7nu64vk

push it via ADB, dont try to do it via root explorer cause itll crash before u can set permissions ending in a bootloop

also remember this is ONLY for alpha 77, and be sure to make a backup before pushing just in case

Edited by nonione

Guest BummAround

Don't want to annoy you but MX player is ICS compatibile and it works in last 3 releases. Maybe reflashing will sort it out.

edit : no need for additional codecs download

Thanks, no you don't annoy me at all.

So which version of MX Player exactly?

It installs OK, but then prompted "low memory storage" or something.

Clearing cache & dalvik, and/or fix permissions doesn't fix it.

of course man dont get me wrong im trying to find an answer for this problem

i dont mean to insult any one in any way :)

You don't have to put up with "Oh, this is an Alpha" sh*t, u know. Idiotic answer as far as I'm concerned.

...well, unless it's TRIP the-maker-of-this-ROM himself who said that. :blink:

Edited by BummAround