[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hmmmm..maybe, will test when go out, in room seems better...but as you said, maybe its just feel.

Are there any alternatives that may work? i think i remember someone saying it has something to do with the kernel ... i hope Trip help us out :(

Edited by Rous3

Guest rogoshin

Haha, I feel the same. Giving that trip is the only one delivering miui working and ics working I guess miui 4.0 ics will be his next move ;). Sorry for OT

With the odd sporadic reboots (Miui). To me it is really odd how Cyogenmod team seem to have almost given up. There is not even a working CM7 for Sensation.

Guest Arz Bhatia

With the odd sporadic reboots (Miui). To me it is really odd how Cyogenmod team seem to have almost given up. There is not even a working CM7 for Sensation.

Umm.. There is a perfectly working CM7 fro the Sensation over at XDA mate o.O

Guest drewcubus

development was hated due to CM9 being what's worked on.

Keep up the good work Trip. I loved your work on the MIUI ROM, and i am loving ICS wvwn more.

Guest rogoshin

Umm.. There is a perfectly working CM7 fro the Sensation over at XDA mate o.O

Can you give a link or tell what the ROM is called.I have been to the Cyogenmod site many times and they are on alpha 10.

Edited by rogoshin

Guest tentoace

There is one problem for me aside from the known issues

For some reason, i get the reboots, and although that is a knoen problem, the thig that bugs me is that if my phkne reboots randomly once, it does so again multiple times in the next 5 minutes or so before finally working beautifully again

Guest Michal Janda

For some reason, i get the reboots, and although that is a knoen problem, the thig that bugs me is that if my phkne reboots randomly once, it does so again multiple times in the next 5 minutes or so before finally working beautifully again

Which version of radio do you have? I have 10.58.9035.... and hasn't any problem.

Guest MartijnGP

Can you give a link or tell what the ROM is called.I have been to the Cyogenmod site many times and they are on alpha 10.

Alpha 10 however is more stable than the stock ROM. If they'd ask me, I'd say it's a release version looking at how it performs.

On XDA, you can find SelfKANG and HyperSensation based on CM7. Both are very decent ROMs. I was running the latter before switching to A75.

Guest MartijnGP

Same issue here. I find that when I manually reboot the phone (power menu => reboot) after a soft crash, it's fixed. Happens to me 4 or 5 times a day. Rather annoying, but it's alpha and I've seen beta (and even release!) versions doing worse :)

Guest rogoshin

Alpha 10 however is more stable than the stock ROM. If they'd ask me, I'd say it's a release version looking at how it performs.

On XDA, you can find SelfKANG and HyperSensation based on CM7. Both are very decent ROMs. I was running the latter before switching to A75.

I have thought about Hypersensation to. But i still thought there where problems with it. Glad to hear it is more stable than stock, because on stock i have never had any problems. Just the fact that Sense is so bloated it makes everything very slow.

dmesg > /sdcard/Dmesg.txt if your having reboots or a logcat so Trip can see whats causing it please! No good saying it doesnt do this or that, or its rebooting as that Could be any number of things. If you dont have adb installed search google for adb.zip, download from Mediafire and extract to system32(32bit)or sysWOW64(64bit windows).Following that you can adb logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt or

adb shell

su

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

Come one guys lets actually try to help as much as possible!

Edited by bonesy

No it isnt as the build drains battery like drinking a glass of water after a day in a desert.

I have thought about Hypersensation to. But i still thought there where problems with it. Glad to hear it is more stable than stock, because on stock i have never had any problems. Just the fact that Sense is so bloated it makes everything very slow.

Its not. The only stable thing for Sensation atm is miui.us's miui build 1.12.9 however to get good battery life you need to download setcpu and clock it down to 1.2Ghz

However, i am waiting for this to go beta, as trip's beta= Stable lol

Guest MartijnGP

No it isnt as the build drains battery like drinking a glass of water after a day in a desert.

Its not. The only stable thing for Sensation atm is miui.us's miui build 1.12.9 however to get good battery life you need to download setcpu and clock it down to 1.2Ghz

However, i am waiting for this to go beta, as trip's beta= Stable lol

I'm getting 2 days of average usage from Hyper, you're doing something wrong ;)

But yes, CM7 development was halted to work on CM9. Anyway, that's offtopic as CM9 isn't even alpha yet. XDA ROMs should be discussed over at XDA.

Guest ManCityFC

Can I just point out that for every 'silly question' that is posted on here, 2 people seem to post in reply with a sarcastic and flaming response to it (whilst adding a bit of sickening ass kissing at the same time).

I am sick of silly questions, as is most people, but how about you now start ignoring them and stop replying to them altogether instead??? What a good idea EH?

Can I just point out that for every 'silly question' that is posted on here, 2 people seem to post in reply with a sarcastic and flaming response to it (whilst adding a bit of sickening ass kissing at the same time).

I am sick of silly questions, as is most people, but how about you now start ignoring them and stop replying to them altogether instead??? What a good idea EH?

Agreed, everyone ignore silly questions that have nothing to do with the Rom or its development. Let's stay on topic. Just came back after a day of no checking in and all I got were a few new pages of useless posts to search/read thru.

Guest Arz Bhatia

Due to the general discussion (causing mess) in this thead,

A new thread is made only for the Discussion of this ROM - Please head over to it by clicking here.

All latest information from Trip's side is going to be shared over there, please stay tuned.

And also,

Please follow the rules of this thread. Help Trip by donating, posting logs, and sharing development news over here, for all other kinds of discussion head over to the Discussion thread.

Thank you.

Edited by Arz Bhatia

Due to the general discussion (causing mess) in this thead,

A new thread is made only for the Discussion of this ROM - Please head over to it by clicking here.

All latest information from Trip's side is going to be shared over there, please stay tuned.

And also,

Please follow the rules of this thread. Help Trip by donating, posting logs, and sharing development news over here, for all other kinds of discussion head over to the Discussion thread.

Thank you.

We also need a mod who cleans this topic from OT posts. Why aren't there any mod?

Guest Jason Syn

i have an problem when i want to restore my apps with titanium backup and no app is restored

Mine restored just fine. Are you doing a batch restore or individually? I've noticed sometimes with the batch restore if 1 of them fails all the others fail too.

Guest assasinu_mihai

Mine restored just fine. Are you doing a batch restore or individually? I've noticed sometimes with the batch restore if 1 of them fails all the others fail too.

i do the bach...i'll try individualy on the next release..thancks for reply

Edited by assasinu_mihai

Guest thesoze

Titanium has worked well for me - never batched - I normally do it per app

just make sure you are still rooted...

cheers!

~j

i do the bach...i'll try individualy on the next release..thancks for reply

Guest MartijnGP

My phone rebooted yesterday and then my SD card was crapped (had to format) and the SIM card is acting up badly. Be careful guys.

Trip, I want to make very clear I'm not blaming you, I know the disclaimer you put up :) Just wanted to warn others that this can happen, although it might have been my SD card itself or an isolated bug on my phone, ofcourse.

Just make sure you backup the stuff on the SD card when using alpha ROMs!