[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Dragon_Droid

My phone rebooted yesterday and then my SD card was crapped (had to format) and the SIM card is acting up badly. Be careful guys.

Trip, I want to make very clear I'm not blaming you, I know the disclaimer you put up :) Just wanted to warn others that this can happen, although it might have been my SD card itself or an isolated bug on my phone, ofcourse.

Just make sure you backup the stuff on the SD card when using alpha ROMs!

what good would backing it up do if it eats your SD card too?? tongue.gif

Guest MartijnGP

what good would backing it up do if it eats your SD card too?? tongue.gif

I don't care about the ROM, but the SD card contains pictures, documents and other stuff I don't want to lose.

Guest Pmcglynn

When Trip is ready for a new realease (I'm not bugging or pestering) I just wanted to know if Trip will start putting his updates on this thread? Or the other.

Thanks

Guest Joel lock

When Trip is ready for a new realease (I'm not bugging or pestering) I just wanted to know if Trip will start putting his updates on this thread? Or the other.

Thanks

we probably wont see another update from him ever again..might as well wait for kmobs or htc for a leaked ics rom

Guest Vexation

we probably wont see another update from him ever again..might as well wait for kmobs or htc for a leaked ics rom

Way to be negative. Don't lose faith in him. The problem he is currently trying to tackle is harder than you might imagine. So give the guy some time. Don't forget, Christmas is coming and Trip is a human being who also has friends and relatives he might visit.

Also, we're dependant on him, not the other way around. So be thankful for what progress we have seen thusfar.

Guest Pmcglynn

@Joel lock Did Trip say something about stopping development? Did I miss something? I'm just trying to figure out why you said what you said. His last update was only 8 days ago.

This is what he said 13 mins ago on his twitter...

I dont think he is stopping anytime soon laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Cheers.

TripNRaVeR Noeri ... sorry for being away a short time, having a really hard time time lately :( still working on the projects tough

Guest CheesusCrust

What happened guys? Its been a couple days who cares. Its a free service which he works on in his leisure time. He has no obligation to any of us to continue.

Guest Lucas Childers

He isn't done with this. It's only been 4 days, in retrospect that's not that long :P Let's give him some time, he posted on his Twitter a few hours ago, hes here. I would assume he likes where this is going, he has HardWare acceleration working.

Give him time.

Guest MartijnGP

HTC released the 2.6.35 kernel. ICS however runs on 2.6.36. The difference won't be that important (just a patch) but the kernel code most likely isn't optmized for ICS, as HTC would've updated the Linux base.

Guest ronaldramsayii

Aight so trip is still working on this build. He posted apologizing about being a way for a while he's gong through a tough time. So let's cut him some slack folks he's still working on it in spite of the fact he's having a tough time.

On a lighter note HW Acceleration may be 100% going since he's now just got Wifi Tethering working! There's more progress being made than we anticipated. Let's be patient...its going to be better than we expect. Much better.

Guest Vexation

As far as I can see, the ROM is an adapted version of the leaked ROM. Meaning that it's not a stock rom but an modified one.

Now, back to Trips work. he has Wi-fi tethering working. One could easily assume that HWA should be fixed then, seeing as the device wouldn't boot before. Or is this possibly a logcat report? hmm..

there might be a beta release tonight according to his twitter or maybe he is just being sarcastic one of the too

Ciro Poli @plocri18m

@plocri thanks!! Now i can release a beta+++ TONIGHT have a party at work now, when I'm home i build it!

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Guest MartijnGP

Good news trip just twitted we goona have BETA tonigth!!!!

The leaked HTC kernel supports camera as well. Could it be? :D

We'll see, I guess :) Would be awesome, however, It'd be understandable if Trip wants to sort out kernel errors first in order not to introduce legacy bugs which could bite him in the ass later on.