[FAQ] Rooting for beginners. [UPDATED 24-02-13]

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest MaxtheMoney

This may be just me but I cannot see the FAQ, when I click on it I just get a post saying nice work as the first post. I am desperately in need of it as I have loaded the TIlal's CM10 ROM but flashing GAPPS does not work. I am sure it is a "schoolboy error" on my part but I need the FAQ to see what I have done wrong. I have flashed several ROMS and GAPPS in the past and never had a problem so seems strange.

Anyway any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Guest DesertF0x

I would guess your system partition is to small. You need another tpt with 230MB system which can be done by tpt helper. Just look through the rom's thread it is described there somewhere.

Guest MaxtheMoney

Thanks for the reply, I guessed it might be that but cant see how I can use TPT helper as I cannot get Play on my phone in order to be able to download it?

Guest plegdroid
Thanks for the reply, I guessed it might be that but cant see how I can use TPT helper as I cannot get Play on my phone in order to be able to download it?

morning, before you flashed cfx, what rom did you have on your phone?

try flashing this via cwm, it's playstore and feedback apk

http://db.tt/odZHoClZ

:)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest M.burns

Hello there,

I am having some issues while rooting my Medion life P4310. I am using this package "TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge.rar" to root my device.

I've connected my phone to my laptop (windows) in debugging mode and my phone is displayed in the "mycomputer>right click>manage>device manager"

In the next step im executing the "0_Install_CWM_recovery.bat" - a command promt is displayed with following commands-

C:\TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Package>adb.exe reboot bootloader

C:\TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Package>fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img

< waiting for device>

at this instance the phone is rebooted/hangs and "Medion" logo is displayed the whole time. There is also a popup displayed "found new Hardware Wizard"

I've tried all possible options to show where the drivers are located but of no use :(

I am not able get pass thru this step, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Wacky.ddw

I dont have it anymore maybe someone should contact the admin, but if it would be perm gone it would really be a bummer!

EDIT 1: Seems i do have an old version somewhere i could reupload it if they can give me back the first post. :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest maharzzz

I'm sorry before.

I have tried to run superboot and clockworkmod and it was get stuck. When I was klicking the file install-superboot-windows it shows the word "waiting for device" and i get nothing except my phone only show zte for a long period and stuck(this also happens on clockworkmod).

Actually I have installed the drivers and the tools for rooting and been a long time i have followed the tutorial, the result is nothing. Could anyone help me? My baseband version is P743T_GUB01

THANKS

Guest Louis9143

I have followed all the steps on part 4 to root the phone but there is still no superuser after all the things are done..

Edited by Louis9143

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. After run 0_Install_CWM_recovery.bat” and the mobile turn on again, windows 7 installed itself a driver called "Zte Composite ADB Interface", so i had no time to install “Android ADB interface” from "android_winusb.inf" file. So... wat do? can i run "1_Install_Android_2.3.4_root.bat" ?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Belgrade style

Hi guys, need a little help if somebody know... I have stock ROM with Superuser. Can i unroot somehow but to don't flash ROM again? Super Su have Full unroot option but Superuser doesn't have that. Any solution?

edit: never mind...

Edited by Belgrade style

• 5 months later...