how to backup your device

Guest v1pEr

Guest xiaoyaoswim

I tried my stock splash screen trough clockworkmod and ADB. I tried the green android ZTE stock splash screen. It does not work... :(

Do you maybe have some other idea's? I would really apriciate it :)

Are you sure you have tried medion stock splash.img? Which ZTE splash.img have you flashed by fastboot? You can extract one from the zip in the pinned thread of stock roms.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Are you sure you have tried medion stock splash.img? Which ZTE splash.img have you flashed by fastboot? You can extract one from the zip in the pinned thread of stock roms.

I extracted the splash from "GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B10.zip" and it worked :D The other time i downloaded the green android from the blade section. since its the same bootlogo.

Then i flashed the medion splashscreen again to make sure. And i can confirm that it is the medion splashscreen that caused it. So is it something in the .img missing or something. Allso i have splash screens that have .bmp's inside and they work fine without causing this, how do you make sure its a safe splash screen to flash?

Thanks man!!!

Then i flashed the medion splashscreen again to make sure. And i can confirm that it is the medion splashscreen that caused it.

I had to work until 11PM yesterday and was not able to root my phone, I see that in the instructions you sent me that splash is one of the items to back up: I won't flash a new rom on my device for a little while so you'll have time to test my original medion splash backup as soon as I had time to do it ;)

I succesfully rooted the device and backed up all partitions. I sent the dumps to Wacky.ddw, he is now trying to make a flash-able zip out of it which Medion owners will be able to use when there is any need to return to stock rom.

I'm waiting for Wacky.ddw to finish first before I flash a custom rom on it (CM7 or Atomic) in case I didn't do the backup as I was supposed to :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

I succesfully rooted the device and backed up all partitions. I sent the dumps to Wacky.ddw, he is now trying to make a flash-able zip out of it which Medion owners will be able to use when there is any need to return to stock rom.

I'm waiting for Wacky.ddw to finish first before I flash a custom rom on it (CM7 or Atomic) in case I didn't do the backup as I was supposed to :)

I dont have a clue how to make a flashable rom with those files, or even make it flashable trough clockworkmod. People will have to do this trough ADB and else they have to flash the nandroid. And then the flashable recovery.