[SCRIPT] AD2SDX modified by TechnoLover 1.3a (05.07.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

• 1 month later...
Guest BartAfterDark

Where are the logs saved? :)

I've installed this on my HTC Desire running a BCM (CM9) rom. And so far it has been working great, but it does tage ages to get past the initial boot screen (the one before the rom boot screen)

Guest TechnoLover

Yes, I know that issue. It's really annoying but the script checks every boot if there are files above 256kb.

I created a new version, which checks only after five reboots, so you shouldn't have a too long boot anymore ;)

logs are at /sdcard/ad2sdx.log

* Update 1.3

• due too the long boot time, I decided to check for bigger files just after 5 new boots.

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest BartAfterDark

Yes, I know that issue. It's really annoying but the script checks every boot if there are files above 256kb.

I created a new version, which checks only after five reboots, so you shouldn't have a too long boot anymore ;)

logs are at /sdcard/ad2sdx.log

* Update 1.4

• due too the long boot time, I decided to check for bigger files just after 5 new boots.

Sweet ;) Now we only need the ability to add rules that make third party keyboards, widgets and other "important" stuff stay on nand :)

Guest VJftw

Sweet ;) Now we only need the ability to add rules that make third party keyboards, widgets and other "important" stuff stay on nand :)

I think we could possibly create an app that moves the applications we like to the /system/app folder. however, when we update it'll save the newer apk in /data/app like normal. It'll probably end up being a bit like Link2SD where it moves the app back to /system/app after updating.

Edited by VJftw

Guest Mtman1

I think we could possibly create an app that moves the applications we like to the /system/app folder. however, when we update it'll save the newer apk in /data/app like normal. It'll probably end up being a bit like Link2SD where it moves the app back to /system/app after updating.

That would work. However, the app has to check if there is enough space on the system partition. So this would basically useless on roms that the system/app is full

Guest VJftw

That would work. However, the app has to check if there is enough space on the system partition. So this would basically useless on roms that the system/app is full

ah yes, though i would have expected people only to move the apps that need to be ran on the nand because they need faster load ups. so these would be like Homescreen Launcher and sms (if you've changed it) and keyboard(again if you've changed).

This could be expanded to remove duplicate apps that do the same thing that are on the nand as well. So say if you have 2 launchers on the nand, it will ask you to pick one to stay on the nand and the other can either be removed or stay on the sdcard. That will keep accidentally taking up a lot of room low, but yeah these are all small additional features that are not part of the critical path for this to work. I can't promise anything as i've never done Android development before, but after my exams are over i'll take a look into it and see if i can make any progress.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest valmix

Tried on t&l metal: technolover's kernel + this script = the best solution for our liquid metal.

Ciao Fabio

I tried to install the AD2SDX after a fresh install with T&L and Kernel 1.3a (also tried the 1.5).

Before flashing the script i formatted my sd 16gb sandisk class 4 with an ext partition (1GB) in recovery mode.

But when I boot the phone it stays in the technolover screen

Don't know if it's for the sd that is too slow or because there's something wrong in my procedure.

Matteo

Guest russLiquidMetal

Wont boot past technolovers image even recovered to stock ROM and kernel full factory wipe and unroot re rooted installed newest superuser elite busybox pro installer ver20 installed flashed 1.5kernel reboot flashed ad2sdx1.3 wont boot up had to reflash 1.2 and reboot?? Why is this

Guest russLiquidMetal

Tried that too al give it another go do I flag 1.2 then 1.3 straight after then reboot or boot after 1.2 back to recovery then flash 1.3

Guest russLiquidMetal

Thanks working now I redownloaded it must been something wrong with my first download. I reflashed 1.5 even tho it was installed rebooted then reboot to recovery flash 1.2 reboot wait till everything has loaded up then reboot to recovery and flash 1.3 works now.thanks technolover keep up good work.

Guest gianni1879

Hi guys,

I have a problem with this scrips in stock rom 2.3.6, I tried some custom rom with this script included as Performance Rom, AzurMetalS 2.5 in ad2sdx version; in this two version script works fine.

For stock rom I do in this way:

- installed stock rom 2.3.6

- installed recovery

- created ext2 partion about 1.2GB in my Kingston 16GB class10 with mini-tool software. (label ext2, cluster size 4KB, created as primary)

- installed root and busybox (vers. 1.9) before flash TechnoLover-Kernel

- flashed kernel 1.3a and reboot

- flashed script

after first reboot phone remains still in boot with droid logo, I waited about 15min and higher but phone is always locked in this screen.

How I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
Guest Jonny_IT

Hi everybody!!!

I have updated the kernel to technolovers' 1.5 and installed the ad2sdx 1.3a on my stock (and clean) Acer 2.3.6 rom... As expected now I have a great space available and I have installed 36 apps but now I can't use them because I've an error message that states that there is no enught space avilable on the phone.... but I've 600Mb free!!! Has anyone the same problem? How can I solve it????

Hi everybody!!!

I have updated the kernel to technolovers' 1.5 and installed the ad2sdx 1.3a on my stock (and clean) Acer 2.3.6 rom... As expected now I have a great space available and I have installed 36 apps but now I can't use them because I've an error message that states that there is no enught space avilable on the phone.... but I've 600Mb free!!! Has anyone the same problem? How can I solve it????

This is interesting (I want to use all my sdcard too, I'm fed up with link2sd limitations): any news?