CM6.1 UltraFast - Custom tweaked Android 2.2 ROM

Guest Domica

It's work now (CM6.1 UltraFast V3 without CM6.1 update)! :lol: if i flash cm6.1 Update it still automatically boot to Recovery!

The CM6.1 update is for users which experience Market install reboots, generally it only fixes data partition permissions with syntax:

set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app");

Similar can be done using terminal within Android:

su (for superuser access)

chown 1000:1000 /data/app

chmod 0755 /data/app (depends on experience)

Edited by Domica

Ok, swedish update didnt help. I still had continuous reboots after flashing every custom rom. I tried t flash this rom, ftb, txd, flb2, flb1.7oc, and here is the interesting part - flb1.7 without oc flashed ok and didnt cause reboots. I suspect the issue is with oc. Is there any way to fix it?

Ok, swedish update didnt help. I still had continuous reboots after flashing every custom rom. I tried t flash this rom, ftb, txd, flb2, flb1.7oc, and here is the interesting part - flb1.7 without oc flashed ok and didnt cause reboots. I suspect the issue is with oc. Is there any way to fix it?

Build your own rom with the FLB 1.7 boot.img that works for you. You probably can use that boot.img from FLB 1.7 in most any 2.1 modified rom.

If it is an OC issue, the original CM6.1 port Tom made didn't have an OC kernel.

Build your own rom with the FLB 1.7 boot.img that works for you. You probably can use that boot.img from FLB 1.7 in most any 2.1 modified rom.

If it is an OC issue, the original CM6.1 port Tom made didn't have an OC kernel.

So if i take ultra fast rom and replace boot.img with the one from flb1 would that work? Or is it only for 2.1 roms?

So if i take ultra fast rom and replace boot.img with the one from flb1 would that work? Or is it only for 2.1 roms?

I don't know. Never tried it. But I suspect it won't work.

But as I mentioned, Tom's original CM6.1 boot.img was not an OC kernel and it will work.

Guest mustafa_ale

Review :

- cant update using CM6.1+UltraFast+update.zip, keep booting after flash

(Replace Superuser from CM6.1+UltraFast+update.zip to ROM System/App/ )

- superuser still wont running, pulse appear like not rooted

- cant install application, always stopped when installing

- i like this ROM esp when u press back/ home button no redrawing menu icon

Review :

- cant update using CM6.1+UltraFast+update.zip, keep booting after flash

(Replace Superuser from CM6.1+UltraFast+update.zip to ROM System/App/ )

- superuser still wont running, pulse appear like not rooted

- cant install application, always stopped when installing

- i like this ROM esp when u press back/ home button no redrawing menu icon

Just wipe all and flash CM6.1 v3+apps (if you want), enter Android and run the following:

The CM6.1 update is for users which experience Market install reboots, generally it only fixes data partition permissions with syntax:

set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app")

Similar can be done using terminal within Android:

su (for superuser access)

chown 1000:1000 /data/app

chmod 0755 /data/app (depends on experience)

This will resolve market installs problems, also batch move apps with Link2SD to sd-ext to avoid apps FC.

Edited by Domica

Guest samnang

The problems appear if you don't move upon first boot apps to sd-ext with Link2SD, tested thoroughly.... After you move them they will work normally...

CPU master and QuickPic is work fine now after move it to Sd-ext, Thanks you! but why i can't move exDialer to SD-ext and couldn't find exContacts in Link2SD?

Guest Domica

CPU master and QuickPic is work fine now after move it to Sd-ext, Thanks you! but why i can't move exDialer to SD-ext and couldn't find exContacts in Link2SD?

exDialer is located on /system/app and Link2SD doesn't recommend nor allow moving of system apps to sd-ext (precaution).

exDialer and exContacts are both part of exDialer application, just two separate activities.

All the best in 2012!!!

Guest Domica

Would somebody be so kind as to post some benchmark data? :)

Thinking about intalling this rom at the moment...

ROM tested (all installed and setup for use) - screenshots today later during the day...

Linpack - 4.98 Mflops (will be better after changing screen of time)

Antutu Benchmark - 900

:)

Tested with 64 Mb swap, compcache off and 15 swappiness.

Guest samnang

exDialer is located on /system/app and Link2SD doesn't recommend nor allow moving of system apps to sd-ext (precaution).

exDialer and exContacts are both part of exDialer application, just two separate activities.

All the best in 2012!!!

Thanks for replying! (^_^) exDialer work fine at fresh install but after i restore my contacts backup! it force closed! :(

Anyway, Happy New Year! wish you all the best.:D

Guest Domica

Thanks for replying! (^_^) exDialer work fine at fresh install but after i restore my contacts backup! it force closed! :(

Anyway, Happy New Year! wish you all the best.:D

It seems that you should update exDialer from Market (update will be in v0.4 tommorrow).

Guest samnang

It seems that you should update exDialer from Market (update will be in v0.4 tommorrow).

yes, it's working now! Thanks so much! Sorry! May I ask you one more question? I want to change those libskiagl.so and libskia.so from this link "http://ubuntuone.com/4TC6HtvGi1NA1tuSdd8Ksz" to support my unicode with your rom, can i?. My sister's phone using those files with cyanogenmod nightly rom.

Guest Domica

yes, it's working now! Thanks so much! Sorry! May I ask you one more question? I want to change those libskiagl.so and libskia.so from this link "http://ubuntuone.com/4TC6HtvGi1NA1tuSdd8Ksz" to support my unicode with your rom, can i?. My sister's phone using those files with cyanogenmod nightly rom.

There shouldn't be any specific problems, but before replacing please do nandroid backup.

Guest samnang

Bricked?

Just restore nandroid.

How did you replace the files?

I tired two ways from Root Explorer, Flash! and i think it's the same result but just 1 2 try!

The application Dialer and Youni SMS force all the time, phone no signal anymore!

Dialer and Youni possibly are making problems due to location ond /system/app, try to update exDialer and give information does the problem persist.

No signal? Radio not working (calls, data,....), or...?

Guest samnang

Dialer and Youni possibly are making problems due to location ond /system/app, try to update exDialer and give information does the problem persist.

No signal? Radio not working (calls, data,....), or...?

All app are working, and for No signal i think because of Dialer force. for Youni SMS not sure too because i can't move to SD-card. anyway, Radio i haven't try yet. Now back to V3 with Wipe Dalvik Cache only without Wipe data/factory reset and flash it (V3). Now i got all apps was added in V4.

Sorry poor English.:D

All app are working, and for No signal i think because of Dialer force. for Youni SMS not sure too because i can't move to SD-card. anyway, Radio i haven't try yet. Now back to V3 with Wipe Dalvik Cache only without Wipe data/factory reset and flash it (V3). Now i got all apps was added in V4.

Sorry poor English.:D

To be on the safe side, exDialer and Youni SMS will go on /data/app on the next v0.5 and some other will move to /system/app...

Thanks for testing... biggrin.gif