TripNiCE - Ice Cream Sandwich Discussion Thread | Latest - TR001B

Guest Arz Bhatia

Yeah, that happens sometimes :mellow: Not much of an issue.

Lols, okay. But what happens when its dark at night! D; It's just one of those handy features, hope it gets fixed. :D

Thanks!

Wow, I get back to the ICS forums and discover someone's passing off the TripNiCE beta as their own ROM on xda. What a nerve.

[28.DEC.11]▐[ZIP]⁞★★Seanster_GBaxe ICS v1.0★★⁞Android 4.0.1 AOSP⁞ENDTIME 004 Kernel▐

Hey yall, welcome to my AOSP 4.0.1 ROM. I have been experimenting around with finding the perfect combination of tweaks, battery friendliness, and stability for android 4.0.1. The result...

67033966.png

Latest&Greatest Series presents:

Seanster_GBaxe ICS

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1414713

Thread is now locked but the guy's answers when he got called out by many people is brazen. Is that like acquiring someone else's restaurant meal and then selling it as your own at another restaurant? I'm a bit new to this but understand that TripNiCE is not totally open source/open to developers in the traditional sense, so I was shocked that someone would just take the product and pass it off as their own work! On xda of all places, where people are very aware of what they are missing.

Is this Seanster person for real? Does he do this to other peoples' work? Just asking since his thread indicates he has 'made' other 'latest&greatest' ROMs. Interesting!

Edited by BiziBB

Guest CptAwesomeTT

I really like the look and feel of this new beta but with the 'webview' issue, many of my core apps are unusable. As such, im back on a stable rom.

Still, very nice work on all you've done Trip. I urge you to not listen to those that clamour for new releases on a minute by minute basis but rather take your time and release something that can be used for more than just phone calls and chats.

Thanks. I eagerly await your next release.

Guest zetnord

Anyone having problems with the capacitative buttons not lighting up? It's not the hardware because when I booted into recovery they lit up..? :S

Lols, okay. But what happens when its dark at night! D; It's just one of those handy features, hope it gets fixed. :D

Thanks!

That easy fix mate..just go to system settings -> Display -> Brightness tap the Automatic brightnes couple time then the button lights up

maybe u can try ;)

Guest NickClarke40

If you have auto brightness on as default, the hardware buttons work, I've also noticed when toggling the brightness control on the power control widget that it will stop working until you toggle back to auto brightness.

Anyway hope this helps.

On another note this problem that a lot of people are having with gmail/email app rendering, I've trawled thru both threads and tried all fixes listed but can't resolve on mine, even re-downloaded Trip's ROM, now I realise that this is a beta and all that it entails, but v76 seemed alot more stable to me, and I could use it as a daily driver, so until this is fixed along with camera fraid it's back to 76 alpha build for me.

If in the meantime someone else has any other suggestions, I'll keep reading the threads. cool.gif

Yeah, that happens sometimes :mellow: Not much of an issue.

Guest NickClarke40

Yeah I get that, I've just decided to go back to 76 alpha build, as this proved more stable for me at least sad.gif

Anyone else get a random reboot when sometimes opening Facebook or email apps?

Guest Pmcglynn

Yeah I get that, I've just decided to go back to 76 alpha build, as this proved more stable for me at least sad.gif

Yep. That's whats keeping me from using as daily driver

Guest MrSpock

Hi.

I have been looking through the various threads here and on XDA, but have not found an ICS ROM that has wifi calling, nor have I found a way to get it on one of the ROMs. Is this correct, or have I not searched right?

Guest Arz Bhatia

Hi.

I have been looking through the various threads here and on XDA, but have not found an ICS ROM that has wifi calling, nor have I found a way to get it on one of the ROMs. Is this correct, or have I not searched right?

I don't think there is one :\

Guest NickClarke40

Trip's work on AOSP/CM9 ICS ROM has been quoted on Cyangenmod's forum for the HTC Sensations, as one of only 2 devs working on ICS for our devise; link below if anyone wants a read

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/37720-cm9-ics-around-the-corner/page__pid__275728__st__20#entry275728

Can someone explain to me how this can be based on CM9? Has CM9 leaked or something? I'm lost....blink.gif

Guest billyvnilly

Hi.

as Arz said there isn't one. I would not expect to see one till we see a newer leak of 3.5 on ICS, where TMO actually updates the app to work on sense 3.5. I've never got it to work on any sense 3.5 rom. let alone an aosp rom.

I spotted this YouTube vid of TripNiCE (008B), posted by Alexaye on Dec 26 (someone here?):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=r1HW3WKJ2JU

130 views. ROM version is shown around 1.49 after the start. Good to see interest and to show anyone interested!? There's a bit of other stuff in the vid, which is why it looks like a Sensation XL video before you click it.

Edited by BiziBB

Guest NickClarke40

In case anyone is interested, Trip's just tweeted progress on his stripped down sense ICS ROM, which he'll hopefully be releasing as a beta soon for anyone who wants to test/play biggrin.gif

Tweets

90x90xav_normal.jpgNoeri ... @TripNRaVeR8msenseless 121mb no bugs found, will be beta first so we all can test everything

275765_1275722998_1962355_n_normal.jpgNick Clarke @NickClarke404m@TripNRaVeR Will this have sense apps or aosp ? (I realise that you're still working on your AOSP ROM, but thought I would ask)

90x90xav_normal.jpgNoeri ... @TripNRaVeR2m

In case anyone is interested, Trip's just tweeted progress on his stripped down sense ICS ROM, which he'll hopefully be releasing as a beta soon for anyone who wants to test/play biggrin.gif

ahem

Just in case you didn't notice, IT'S HERE!

Trip's work on AOSP/CM9 ICS ROM has been quoted on Cyangenmod's forum for the HTC Sensations, as one of only 2 devs working on ICS for our devise; link below if anyone wants a read

http://forum.cyanoge..._20#entry275728

This is misleading. Trip has nothing to do with Cyanogen and his rom has none of their code in it (except for DSP Manager) because they haven't released any.

Guest NickClarke40

I know he's not working on Cyanogen Project, what I said was that he was quoted on their forums as one developer working on aosp rom for our devise

This is misleading. Trip has nothing to do with Cyanogen and his rom has none of their code in it (except for DSP Manager) because they haven't released any.

Guest TripNRaVeR

I know he's not working on Cyanogen Project, what I said was that he was quoted on their forums as one developer working on aosp rom for our devise

Trip isnt misleading anyone, because i used parts of cm9 code for other devices some useless people on xda started to cry for a CM9 credit so there it is. I'll be more than happy to remove it because it is hardly anything i used. I dont want cm9 in the name lolz they arent THAT great espec. for the Pyramid devices. We are left alone so if the cm9 needs to be removed pm me.

Guest leeskywalker

Hi sorry for the noob question but what is the recomended radio for this rom also should i flash the new hboot and firmware thanks in advance

Guest Zehlek

Anybody figure out MMS yet? I tried the MMS.apk from the previous version which mms worked but still won't work with this one. Must be a deeper issue