[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest JimJam707

That's what I did the first time. The setup wizard just kept crashing on me.

Oh, you have to remove the setup.apk. It just crashes and won't work.

Guest Davidoff59

. what partition do you have? did you do a full wipe anders?

I had the reboot into clockworkmod before after a bad flash. Took ages to repair.

I put an older working rom onto the SD card and reflashed the older one then reflashed the newer rom after redownloading it.

It may have been a bad download.

Guest chimas

You Sick son of a butterfly. I was thinking about doing something along that line. BTW how do you make it flashable?? Was gonna just copy and paste it into the zip original zip file. LOL

Guest vokzal33

Working browser anyone? :lol:

This also means working gmail, facebook, google reader and everything that uses webkit.

I'll make a flashable zip in a sec.

post-710593-0-37654400-1325710368_thumb. post-710593-0-30804000-1325710558_thumb.

EDIT

Here's the link: http://www.box.com/s...1jq326noi93xy10

Just flash in clockwork. And for God's sake, please DO NOT WIPE DALVIK CACHE. It's useless.

I baksmalied the framework.jar from the ics alpha in the other thread and copied some smali files. Credit to the original creator.

work goed eah man ++++

Guest FelixL

Also devs from the AOSP build got a fix on multitouch in the kernel, so perhaps if we grab the latest update kernel and put it on CM9 multitouch starts working. The problem is that maybe it breaks USB host mode, [...]

First, just to mention it, Tom_G seams to have found the fix for multitouch, so I expect the next alpha of cm9 (if there will be one) to include it.

Second: alpha5 has USB OTG? O.o

Thanks, didn't know!

Guest B9Anders

. what partition do you have? did you do a full wipe anders?

I had the reboot into clockworkmod before after a bad flash. Took ages to repair.

I put an older working rom onto the SD card and reflashed the older one then reflashed the newer rom after redownloading it.

It may have been a bad download.

I wiped everything that can be wiped. Never messed with the partition schemes or filesystem. what is stock?

The 5.0 seems to work. It's the 5.1 and the GAPP packages that won't work for me.

Guest B9Anders

Working browser anyone? :lol:

This also means working gmail, facebook, google reader and everything that uses webkit.

I'll make a flashable zip in a sec.

post-710593-0-37654400-1325710368_thumb. post-710593-0-30804000-1325710558_thumb.

EDIT

Here's the link: http://www.box.com/s...1jq326noi93xy10

Just flash in clockwork. And for God's sake, please DO NOT WIPE DALVIK CACHE. It's useless.

I baksmalied the framework.jar from the ics alpha in the other thread and copied some smali files. Credit to the original creator.

12870868.jpg

Guest targetbsp

I decided to test the kernel anyway but after a quick spin, I think it's not worth it. Tested multi touch with quickpic and it works, but for some reason it's lagging more than with the kernel in alpha5. Also gallery isn't working?? I'm uploading it now for the adventurous, maybe it's just me? Will edit post with a dl-link soon.

edit: here

md5 11fe832543fa6bd610732244da3385f9

Anyone else tested the multi touch version? Bit late now but going to have to have a play with ICS again tomorrow with multitouch and web working. :)

Guest chimas

Anyone else tested the multi touch version? Bit late now but going to have to have a play with ICS again tomorrow with multitouch and web working. :)

way too laggy. on my phone anyways. in my opinion it's unusable. currentlymellow.gif

Guest targetbsp

They have a faster kernel courtesy of Bustlam which they've patched for multi touch in AOSP Alpha 19c. I must give that rom a go tomorrow too. :)

Guest Davidoff59

Getting a bit messy discussing 2 seperate builds in the same thread. Best to keep them seperate as each has their own thread anyway.

Regarding partition size, I'm not sure what stock is but 160mb min is needed for ics so that may be your problem if your on stock partition.

Guest B9Anders

Sigh. I give up on this. I finally managed to install gapps after removing the setupwizard from the zip again and this time it worked.

DPSManager still crashes on startup after that, but worse, I can not add a google account even though all this is installed. I try to click 'add account' and nothing happens.

Guest B9Anders

Regarding partition size, I'm not sure what stock is but 160mb min is needed for ics so that may be your problem if your on stock partition.

How do I check this? Clicking 'storage' in settings, tells me I have 314mb of internal storage, with 265mb available.

According to the Apps tab, I have 312mb ram to play with.

Unless I am missing something, this should be plenty.

Guest brookergray

How do I check this? Clicking 'storage' in settings, tells me I have 314mb of internal storage, with 265mb available.

According to the Apps tab, I have 312mb ram to play with.

Unless I am missing something, this should be plenty.

You're mixing up 3 different things. The app screen shows you your data partition not your system. Judging by the size you have 160MB system which is not enough for a full install you need to repartition if you want ICS with gapps.

Any idea how to fix calendar sync?

Works fine here, even my Last.fm events sync. Too small partition size maybe?

Edited by brookergray

Guest B9Anders

You're mixing up 3 different things. The app screen shows you your data partition not your system. Judging by the size you have 160MB system which is not enough for a full install you need to repartition if you want ICS with gapps.

Cheers. Gonna try that tomorrow then. For now, zzzzzzz/

Guest targetbsp

Getting a bit messy discussing 2 seperate builds in the same thread. Best to keep them seperate as each has their own thread anyway.

The point being, someone steal us whatever made that kernel faster. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Works fine here, even my Last.fm events sync. Too small partition size maybe?

I have a 215mb partition, everything else is working fine so it's just a bit annoying.

Guest brookergray

I have a 215mb partition, everything else is working fine so it's just a bit annoying.

Did you flash the gapps from the OP? If so try this instead goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip

Edited by brookergray