[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest Davidoff59

home screen is a big jumble of lines. Will try different launcher.

Edit: strange when i rebooted and installed gapps, the screen was fine with a lovely background image 

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest brookergray

Does the browser fix work for anyone in beta 4.0? after i install my systemui keeps crashing

What beta? You mean the burstlam rc04? It is only supposed to work with alpha 5 as it contains a pretty important part of the system framework that's not interchangeable between roms.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

What beta? You mean the burstlam rc04? It is only supposed to work with alpha 5 as it contains a pretty important part of the system framework that's not interchangeable between roms.

Ahh thats why the :P guess ill use it to flash back the framework form the rc04 :D

Oh lol after flashing back the rc04 framework the browser already works guess it dint need a fix :D.

RC04 seems realy nice now it was slow on first but after a few reboots its FAAST

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest davidnintendo

How's hardware acceleration on RC04? I found burstlam's ROMs faster than alpha 5 in general but hardware acceleration used to work way worse.

Guest Davidoff59

no red frames on rc4. stock browser works as does multi touch. maps worked to some extent, accurate to 600 metres. After flashing, boot for the first time then reboot again or it will be slow and first screen is really messed up. After reboot, its fine

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest ManMetDeHamer

How's hardware acceleration on RC04? I found burstlam's ROMs faster than alpha 5 in general but hardware acceleration used to work way worse.

If you mean ingame performance, i tried the only game i have which is angrybirds. and this runs at the same speed as in android 2.3

Guest jeddy1

no red frames on rc4. stock browser works as does multi touch. maps worked to some extent, accurate to 600 metres. After flashing, boot for the first time then reboot again or it will be slow and first screen is really messed up. After reboot, its fine

ok thank u. i will give it a try :D

Guest jurrasstoil

Burstlam's RC04:

http://115.com/file/e6tjzbyt

and soft button zip

:http://115.com/file/bhg9fnzl

Click on gray recrangle

If I read this correctly then my hope for getting a good and stable version of CM9 or ICS for the blade drops quite a bit. It seems like it's beyond the devs' powers to do much about it, not because they lack the will and skill, but because they are missing important parts.

I'm a sad panda now :(

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hehe dont be a sad panda, The RC04 is pretty much a daily usage rom already it seems.

The only thing i found not working atm is the camera..

All my apps work and its just as smooth as android 2.3 (after a few reboots)

Guest brookergray

Hehe dont be a sad panda, The RC04 is pretty much a daily usage rom already it seems.

The only thing i found not working atm is the camera..

All my apps work and its just as smooth as android 2.3 (after a few reboots)

Cough. Cough. Video. Cough.

Btw the Facebook app should have worked with the patch that I've uploaded too as the FB app uses webkit.

If I read this correctly then my hope for getting a good and stable version of CM9 or ICS for the blade drops quite a bit. It seems like it's beyond the devs' powers to do much about it, not because they lack the will and skill, but because they are missing important parts.

WTF? This doesn't make any sense to me, the post that you quoted showed a new version with more things working, why would you lose hope? They're working on it. It's not an easy task give them time.

Edited by brookergray

Guest targetbsp

I take it you've not used it yet? :D

Guest jurrasstoil
WTF? This doesn't make any sense to me, the post that you quoted showed a new version with more things working, why would you lose hope? They're working on it. It's not an easy task give them time.

well, it's translated using google translator i guess, so it's kind of difficult to make a lot of sense out of the "update", but this doesn't sound all too optimistic to me:

Prior to the failure of large-capacity storage because 4.0.3 updates the memory source, it seems that Google default minimum version of the ICS is LINUX 3.0 kernel.

Such as the V880 still use 2.6.35 version of the old days on the big things. Like the image processor can not directly use.

Because the original kernel from ZTE (copy?) Abroad CODE AURORA FORUM, so recently looking at what can be gradually used.

(But, like last year's V880 II source - or the same with the two previous techniques, but also a development version is not updated.)

Is still very much in use earlier versions of the image processing part.

It sounds like they will have to "hack" (for the lack of a better word) a ton of stuff to make it work. Like buying the chasis of a BMW, putting the engine of a Toyota Tercel into it and brakes from the VW Beetle, etc. you get the idea. Sure it will drive in someway, but it won't be a BMW and at some point one of the parts will break and because you have no idea which part caused it exactly you'll have to invest a buttload of time to get back to "drive in someway" again.

Guest brookergray

in rc4 the regular facebook app from market does work where before you needed the black one

Did you read what I just said? :D

Of you used my browser fix a few pages back Facebook was working, as they both use webkit.

stil cant seem to get calendar to sync on RC4.. any thoughts?

Yes. http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip

I'm using this and calendar sync works OK.

Edited by brookergray