[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest targetbsp

I am unable to install apps from market. When I'm going to install any app the dialogue commes " could not be downloaded due to an error" . Please help.

I had that. I *think* rebooting fixed it.

Guest JimJam707

Is it just me with the homebutton issue? I hate having to press back multiple times to get home. Followed the advice of rebooting and it still didn't work. Works fine in CM7 though.

(third time trying to post this :V, my internet keeps dying!)

Guest michael spped

how can we get the bottom softbutton patch of B's to work on alpha 5-fix??

those were great i didnt have to press the hard button?

i tried the B's patch on a5-fix but it only hides the top bartongue.gif

Guest targetbsp

Gallery isn't 100%. It's either working intermittently or at some tasks and not others. Not sure exactly but sometimes it works for what I want it to do and sometimes not.

has anyone got any type of data tethering going yet i think the Bluetooth tether starts but no idea how to configure it lol, wifi tether just sits there saying turning on wifi however normal wifi mode is fine ? unsure.gif

Guest michael spped

isnt a5 missing some features? the notification bar power icons doesnt apper for me. i tried B's rc4 its there.i tried the lib fix for animation on B's now animation is smooth even with 1.0x.

Guest saransh9

when i'm trying to edit a contact picture crop fails to load and gallery crashes, anybody with this problem?

go to gallery choose the picture then menu and choose it as a contact picture then the crop thing works fine(90%).

Guest saransh9

isnt a5 missing some features? the notification bar power icons doesnt apper for me. i tried B's rc4 its there.i tried the lib fix for animation on B's now animation is smooth even with 1.0x.

use

Notification Toggle from market it works well

Guest targetbsp

It's missing lots of features. :D Not least of all the Settings screen that allows you to turn on and off these features even if they are present!

Guest michael spped

It's missing lots of features. :D Not least of all the Settings screen that allows you to turn on and off these features even if they are present!

ya i saw that. but B's may be a bit slower then the a5 but it has lot of these features.

the animation patch makes it nice.

i found this musicfx in replacement of dsp on B's rom. not an app and it fc when u select it. is it the default sound manager of ics?

Great ROM - almost daily usable and definitely crying for attention... awesome work devs....

Few issues :

1)Long pressing home gives me list of all last used apps - but apps mini screen shot are UPSIDE DOWN.

2)Going into menu - takes almost a second and kind of lags (Trebuchet issue??? )

3)When i select always use 2g option & restart the phone - goes back to 3g.

4)Auto brightness is not working and always gives lowest display.

Any help on the above issues???

Thanks,

Markiv

Guest Kumar Maddy

I have been using this rom as my daily rom for quite few days now.....

The CM9 with Fix2 is good....

However, there are major issues with tethering....

(a) When I try wifi tethering it does as if its going to switch on....but, I won't ..... like forever....

(B) I think USB tethering can be fixed with a patch as its saying adb is missing on the phone and the phone could not be detected....

© Bluetooth works fine for few controls on PC. But when trying to access internet through bluetooth (Since none of the above options worked), I got a blue screen error on Win7.....I tried it twice and the same thing happened......

It would be really helpful if USB tethering is fixed in near future....

However, I am loving the new look of my phone..... Thanx so much to all those developers who have contributed....... Hats off to you guys....

Guest Richard_Arkless

Installed Alpha 5 (fix 2) yesterday via CWM. Now i'm being told my phone is no longer rooted. Does this ROM changed the rooted status?

What tpt size did you choose, if it is 140 then some things didnt install due to not enough space

Guest pjthefarmer

What tpt size did you choose, if it is 140 then some things didnt install due to not enough space

I didn't change it. Guess I have to? Got no errors when installing ROM.

Guest targetbsp

You won't get errors, it just won't install everything and hence won't work properly. It depends on when you tpt'd as to what size you have. Newer tpt's are 160mb system, older ones are 138-ish I think.

Does root even work by default in the rom though anyway? I got Rom manager to install super user efghi at the same time as the the rom so I never tried it.

Guest pjthefarmer

You won't get errors, it just won't install everything and hence won't work properly. It depends on when you tpt'd as to what size you have. Newer tpt's are 160mb system, older ones are 138-ish I think.

Does root even work by default in the rom though anyway? I got Rom manager to install super user efghi at the same time as the the rom so I never tried it.

Yeah I can't access Superuser Elite/Titanium Pro until I root my phone. Anyway of solving this without a reinstall of the ROM?

Guest targetbsp

Download super user 3.0.7 efghi to the sd card, boot into clockwork (power on with volume down held) and flash superuser. You can download clockwork in Rom Manager if you have it (but it won't be able to flash it for you without already having root). if you don't have rom manager, superuser is linked in post 1

Is Alpha 5.2 fit with the 136Mb system partition layout?

I see 5.2's system is 135,9Mb but I am not sure it will enough...

Edit:

And if yes, is this enough for libsurfaceflinger_smooth.zip, and Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

Edited by t181

I'd guess it wont fit :D

Yes I thought that...

But I have got a strange problem...

I can't use any layout, only the stock...

I can't use for ICS the layouts which are in the first post, and I can't use the Hungarian layouts...

Why? The CWM everytime gives me error...