[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest brookergray

Whats the update? I dont read chinese :(

Edit: Videos work better on MX Video Player set on s/w or s/w (fast mode).

Wait you were using mx video in the demonstration? Sigh... Of course it works that way. You forgot to mention this making everyone think that hw acc. Playback was working for you.

Not cool dude.

Guest jozka.1

RC5 from burstlam released today. Here's the download link: http://115.com/file/...LADE-signed.zip

It's downloading at 5 KB/s for me, so I won't download it. If somewhere has greater download speed from that server it would be great if you could upload it to somewhere else. Thanks!

More info (in chinese): http://bbs.hiapk.com...984298-1-1.html

reupload:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mxpevv36nycu15

Guest Davidoff59

it appears that burstlams upload has been removed by the uploaded and is no longer available to download from the original site. I wonder why it was removed

Using Google Translate since I don't know chinese either.

My poor transation :P:

This version has been released for about a week actually. But as the Chinese new year's coming and I'm busy with both work and personal matters so I didn't have time to make final adjustments for the soft buttons.

Fixed:

- Mass storage

- Wandojia (An Android management daemon from Chinese)

- GPS satellite searching

- Problem of broken boot animation

- Patch for adjusting notification bar

- Reduced problem of compressed screen

Added:

- Switched to ICS-based NOVA launcher a foreign one that modified from Galaxy Nexus, light but powerful, please notice that it's still a beta version, turn off scrolling effect will make it smoother

- Replaced CM menu with one from foreign HTC Mod team (CM's progress on this part is a bit slow)

- Added shortcut key, CPU frequency control, etc.

- Added 2 new lock screen styles, battery bar styles, etc. Refer to the screen capture for details

Known issues:

The main problem is still to make the GPU work. There's some progress on the core part, but I don't have suitable Adreno library for testing. 7x27 is the only ARMv6 platform that uses Adreno chip. Libraries can be found are all for ARMv7.

I don't expect ZTE to do anything, just hope Sony will upgrade X8 that has the same configuration, then we will have chance to get real hardware acceleration.

My version is not purely modified from CM, but also included parts of Code Aurora Forum for 'half' hardware acceleration and there's a big problem with the SurfaceFlinger image processing component, thus the menu (the one appears when you press the menu button) doesn't disappear after you press the buttons. A temporary solution is to pull the notification bar a bit down (don't need to pull it all to the bottom). I'm figuring way to fix it.

Edited by wtel

Guest the_crevis

B' RC-5 doesnt boot on my one. RC-4 was great. but nw it stuck on the boot animation.

RC-5 boots and runs well with libsurfaceflinger patch for me :)

Burstlam's RC5 (mediafire link) is avaible for download! See the first post ;)

edit: I've just tried it.. is awesome..only one prob..can't turn off animation and sometimes boxes stays on the screen (maybe the phone forgets to refrest or something) is there any fix?

edit2: nevermind.. found the solution.. i'm a bit tired :D

Edited by Zunex

Guest mitchde

Any feedback on the rc5? Is it any better than the previous builds?

- englisch / chinese only

- menue boxed dont disapear after OK/CANCEL

+ slim

More like the ASOP build than CM9 Alpha5

Edited by mitchde

Guest Cyclothunder

Burstlam's RC5 (mediafire link) is avaible for download! See the first post ;)

edit: I've just tried it.. is awesome..only one prob..can't turn off animation and sometimes boxes stays on the screen (maybe the phone forgets to refrest or something) is there any fix?

edit2: nevermind.. found the solution.. i'm a bit tired :D

what was the solution? ... i'm bit tired too tongue.gif

Guest aragone79

I already installed this CM 9 ROM and got stuck in the animation condition, it is already 30 minutes. Does anyone have the same experience with me? What should I do to get the O.S fully loaded?

Guest brookergray
5.1 version fixes the problem block layer does not fade, version 5.2 fix the problem recording tracks

So .1 fixes animation, but I don't understand what "recording tracks" means?

Edited by brookergray

Guest brookergray

Is anyone using this full time?

I do. Burstlam's rc5 with libsurfacelinger patch. Other than Youtube and music streaming it's fine for me as I don't use camera much (I've taken 78 pictures in the past 2 years).

I can't imagine going back to 2.3 as it feels old and ugly in comparison.

Edited by brookergray