[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest brookergray

I mean we could use explorer's ics libs to get hw acceleration if htc releases.

There's a better chance for that than the Xpera if i am right?

Saran already answered.

it uses Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7225A and it is armv7 :)

No, we can't its entirely different.

Guest Sulthekk

it uses Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7225A and it is armv7 :)

I am not entirely sure

www.unp.me/f106/htc-explorer-affordable-android-smartphone-168030/

www.fonehome.co.uk/2011/11/18/htc-explorer-vs-huawei-blaze/

This one is hungarian, but also states 7227:

m.mobilarena.hu/teszt/htc_eplorer_a_felfedezes_orom-e/bevezeto.html

Guest saransh9

I am not entirely sure

www.unp.me/f106/htc-explorer-affordable-android-smartphone-168030/

www.fonehome.co.uk/2011/11/18/htc-explorer-vs-huawei-blaze/

This one is hungarian, but also states 7227:

m.mobilarena.hu/teszt/htc_eplorer_a_felfedezes_orom-e/bevezeto.html

http://www.gsmarena....plorer-4102.php

this one is the most accurate atleast gives right specs for all the devices i need.

and it even runs flash (official) from the market so now u should be sure it has armv

Edited by saransh9

Guest brookergray

It seems that every site lists a different chipset for it.

? I'm pretty sure that it has MSM7225A but many sites just assumed that it's the MSM7227 because of the clock.

Guest hugobosslives

the new update from busltlam is awesome.

been using it for 2 days now and am very impressed.

much faster than the original alpha5's (with fixes) and has alot more functionallity.

didn't realise we had cm settings working (i.e not FCing). Weird how different it is though. hope some of the old settings get added back in when cm9 becomes official.

WIth a couple of tweaks/overclock (and the different surfaceflinger patch) everything is buttery smooth. I even have animations on and working nearly as good as on gingerbread.

The ony problems I have come across is a couple of random reboots (both were after periods of long sleep, unlock and then choose an app like phone/messages), and the more pressing HW acc problems. You can watch software rendered vids in crappy format but anything else is pretty balls.

keep up the good work

Guest saransh9

? I'm pretty sure that it has MSM7225A but many sites just assumed that it's the MSM7227 because of the clock.

That's right most of them just assume 7227 because of clock speed btw I got a hands on it and it is 7225A

Btw checked out my nearest vendor Xoom is now available for $ 410 unlocked 32GB wifi only.

Edited by saransh9

Guest targetbsp

the new update from busltlam is awesome.

Is this the 5.2 linked on the previous page? I got slightly confused by there being an alpha 5 fix 2 and now a 5.2. :D

Guest Sulthekk

I'm pretty sure that it has MSM7225A but many sites just assumed that it's the MSM7227 because of the clock.

Wildfire S users are trying to port its rom ( wildexplorer rom on xda), so i guess they wouldn't try it if it would be armv7? MIUI can't be ported to the blade because of the difference between the architectures, then how this could be done on the wildfire?

Guest matt4321

been following this thread for a while now, i must say burstlams 5.2 rom is pretty decent, apart from camera and a few other bits here and there i'd say it's a very usable daily rom!

Guest hugobosslives

Is this the 5.2 linked on the previous page? I got slightly confused by there being an alpha 5 fix 2 and now a 5.2. :D

erm not sure. like you, i do not keep track all these "fixes" and what they are called

Its straight from busltam and called "cm9-pre-rc05-blade-signed.zip" if that helps?

much smoother than before.

Edited by hugobosslives

thanks

it works!

Wait...It doesn't work...

The phone shows that synchronization fails/_\

same problem here, havent flash these gaps because i have 160TPT and dont think that fit inside but still in fix2 calendar works, dont know whats going on with this..

Guest targetbsp

erm not sure. like you, i do not keep track all these "fixes" and what they are called

Its straight from busltam and called "cm9-pre-rc05-blade-signed.zip" if that helps?

much smoother than before.

I gave 5.2 a go and it is properly getting there isn't it! Impressed. Unfortunately I always seem to quickly put roms using Burstlams ICS kernel into a boot loop and I dunno how. :(

Guest hugobosslives

I gave 5.2 a go and it is properly getting there isn't it! Impressed. Unfortunately I always seem to quickly put roms using Burstlams ICS kernel into a boot loop and I dunno how. :(

for me it's not yet stable. but definitely usable as a "phone" rom (i have used it pretty much constantly since Christmas)

i seem to get more reboots with his kernel than TomG's thinking about it (but two a week is easily liveable when the OS looks this good :))

Guest susanico

Hi yesterday I read this thread from the first post and decided to try the Burstlam's RC5.2 all went well cause my system partition has 220 mb but the market doesn't work so I tried a bunch of solutions that I read such has:

- flashing newer GAPPS

- wipe all and first instal ICS than reboot and install GAPPS and then reboot again

- even used a solution for those who had a system partition of 160mb.

After all the reading did I miss something?

Cause I still can't use the market.

Can anybody help me?

i can use market after make this directory /cache/download biggrin.gif

Guest hugobosslives

anyone found their notification light constantly flashing for no reason?

mine has been flashing all day and i have no new texts/calls/emails or anything that it normally notifies me off.

weird

on a postive note :D battery life seems to be not affected. in fact my battery is awesome atm. its on 31 hours and still at 18%. first time its made 2 days and home again with juice to spend. (and yes, average usage inc internet)

Guest susanico

Were did you create that directory?

Thanks for the help

i used RE(with some chinese character, let's just say RE) to make /cache/download.

i had trouble using it cause RE's in chinese,

after you open RE, goto root directory (that's when RE shows only "/" sign on top part), click "cache".

open menu, click the first row of the menu (that's make directory menu), type "download", click the right button with chinese characters (that's OK button)

that's it, you've had /cache/download directory. cool.gif

I had to re-do what i did to make this directory and notice the directory is missing, but i don't have to make it again and stil i can download from market. dry.gif

Edited by susanico

Guest Amelo007

Just flashed it, still pretty shitty, but if you turn off the animations it's ok. Some windows tend to hang a just stay there.

Youtube sort of works, you can open the app and search for videos, but when you try to watch them (click play), nothing happens..

Sometimes it says that it's unable to connect to the server. The browser seems OK though. Load pages pretty fast, almost as fast as Alpha 5.2.

But the way I see it Alpha 5.2 is the best ICS for the blade out there.

post-955781-0-54146400-1327661237_thumb.