[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Xperia X8 team sorted out HW Acceleration (full fixed perhaps?)

http://forum.xda-dev...3&postcount=490

Antutu score of 2558 @748 Mhz

I'm not (yet) using this rom as a daily driver, can someone who does gives us an indication what a Blade scores with Antutu and if possible on 748Mhz?

X8 CM9 beta 3 and Blade CM9 alpha score comparsion from FelixL

RAM: nicht sichtbar vs. 89

CPU integer: 234 vs. 186

CPU float-point: 173 vs. 147

2d graphics: 1043 vs. 218

3d graphics: 624 vs. 393

Database IO: 150 vs. 105

SD card write: (6,8MB/s) 68 vs. (11,3MB/s) 113

SD card read: (12,3 MB/s) 123 vs. (16,8 MB/s) 168

CPU frequency: 748 MHz vs. 652 MHz

Total score: 2552 vs. 1419

Guest jackal-sk

So in short, I recommend using 5.4 for now, but for all the guys who think the devs have given up, Tom_G is still working on it, and the AOSP team uploads updates on its page frequently, too. So no need to worry ;)

Good news, thx for sharing.

Guest targetbsp

Like I said, there does not seam to be anything more working than in alpha 5.4.

I forgot to add, the reason I'm especially interested in this over alpha 5.4 is that something I do in the setup of my phone causes the busrtlam kernel'd ICS's to eventually bootloop. Both the newer AOSP versions and his CM9 versions. And I haven't worked out what. :D Though I suspect something to do with the market.

After all it may be worth a try, Tom_G just said that he doesn't have the problems I found, e.g. with the MP3s. USB Mass storage reboots my device, another bug he doesn't have. Maybe there is just something wrong with my device :/

Guest rafalo1333

So how's the truth: Blade can or can't have hw acc because of missing libs? X8 has almost the same hardware and they have a hw acc, so why can't we have? Any chance of port from X8? It's the same Adreno 200 GPU as in Blade. Somebody tells about Qualcomm, etc, so how can X8 devs make HW ACC right working? Ehm?

Edited by rafalo1333

Guest skywave

So how's the truth: Blade can or can't have hw acc because of missing libs? X8 has almost the same hardware and they have a hw acc, so why can't we have? Any chance of port from X8? It's the same Adreno 200 GPU as in Blade. Somebody tells about Qualcomm, etc, so how can X8 devs make HW ACC right working? Ehm?

Cause the X8 has a very good kernel dev, whose been backporting some stuff such as KGSL drivers and USB gadget drivers, Jerpelea

So how is alpha 6? Can it be used as a daily rom?

Has it the CM customisations like the power managment in the notification bar and so on, or does alpha 5.4 have them, or does none?

Sorry a bit confused

At the moment my blade has CM7 on a 160mb system partition - after reformating it to install CM9 I won't be able to flash the CM7 clockwork backup if CM9 is too much alpha for me?

I don't really see how the status with CM9 is at the moment from the last pages and the first post wasn't updated in a while

Guest targetbsp

After all it may be worth a try, Tom_G just said that he doesn't have the problems I found, e.g. with the MP3s. USB Mass storage reboots my device, another bug he doesn't have. Maybe there is just something wrong with my device :/

I have the same problems. Both the Android music player and poweramp just crash. And my phone has hanged when I attempted to use USB Mass Storage. So it's not just you! :)

I forgot to add, the reason I'm especially interested in this over alpha 5.4 is that something I do in the setup of my phone causes the busrtlam kernel'd ICS's to eventually bootloop. Both the newer AOSP versions and his CM9 versions. And I haven't worked out what. :D Though I suspect something to do with the market.

There was some good news though, I didn't manage to put it in a bootloop. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest alex_slx

just tried this alpha6, without any patch or fix. as mentioned above, camera doesn't work, no any mp3 sound. BUT, USB storage does work on my blade. kinda lag but acceptable.

just tried this alpha6, without any patch or fix. as mentioned above, camera doesn't work, no any mp3 sound. BUT, USB storage does work on my blade. kinda lag but acceptable.

well about camera i known and when it will be fixed it will be mentioned directly after rom release

Guest targetbsp

second post updated with alpha6 for anyone who wants to give a try

but because of the bugs mentioned guys, is recommended to dont give this a try ;)

Only the mediafire mirror exists for this now. It's eating up far too much bandwidth for a broken rom. :D 350 downloads from my site and 200 so far from mediafire.

Guest vroom23

just installed alpha 5 and the main problem i'm having is with menu popups, If i select an option in the menu the popup just gets smaller and won't go unless i press the back button,

Currently, you can compile CM9 for a small number of devices- notably the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Wi-Fi and T-Mobile versions), the HP Touchpad and Motorola Xoom. The next devices to show up will likely be a whole array of Samsung phones (Exynos chipset), with devices based on the Qualcomm MSM8660 and 7×30 chipsets to follow. It’s still unclear if we can provide support for the QSD8x50 family of devices (Nexus One, HTC Evo, etc), but the answer almost always turns out to be “yes” for these kinds of things.

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/progress-on-cm9