[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest brookergray

Chrome is open-source, we could recompile it for armv6 if needed.

Actually it isn't. Chromium is. I also can't find the android version in their repository do you have a link for it?

Guest skywave

LG p500 devs have HW acceleration working on the phone, that phone has the same HW as our blades.

Guys stop talking about HW acceleration. The blade has one of the best ports and most armv6 devices are lagging on us. The kind of hw acceleration they have we had already. But there are hacks to get it working involving buffers. At the moment the kernel is the biggest problem.

Guest jackal-sk

Guys stop talking about HW acceleration. The blade has one of the best ports and most armv6 devices are lagging on us. The kind of hw acceleration they have we had already. But there are hacks to get it working involving buffers. At the moment the kernel is the biggest problem.

GUI rendering is done by GPU now ?

Guest the Mitu

I've actually gone back to CM7 some time ago. The reason is that CM9 (alpha 5.2 I think) would slow down every time I tried to send an SMS while listening to music (Both stock and CM9 player). And the speed drop was so big that ROM became completely unusable and all I could do was rebooting the phone... what can it be related with?

Guest targetbsp

In games graphics are more advanced and Adreno is making the job very good. I dont believe that UI is harder to render.

I suspect it's not as simple as that. For starters you need to consider 2d vs 3d acceleration. 3d games are IMO surprisingly good on this phone for the price. 2D is about what I'd expect for the price - not so stunningly smooth.

Also, that it can run games is not an indication that it can run the UI well. I know nothing about Android in this regard but from a Windows point of view, the system requirements for Windows Aero are surprisingly high and its performance is measured separately from gaming suggesting Microsoft expect gaming performance to be no indication of UI performance.

In short, it may look less intensive but it's a different job entirely and one that the hardware may not be optimised towards doing well. It maybe is. I'm just pointing out that because it can do one thing, you can't assume it can do another.

Guest Sulthekk

Coz its so slow. I dont believe that Adreno 200 makes work so fatal.

As far as I know, Adreno 200 has no hw 2d acceleration. It's not exactly a graphics card, it's more like a graphics accelerator card, like the 3Dfx Voodoo 1 and Voodoo 2 cards in the '90s. It's not slow because Adreno is weak, but because it's not (fully) hw accelerated. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest MiniDemonic

Yes, just flash this Google apps package through clockworkmod

Hmm, I have flashed that package, but it still won't work. When I start the phone I do not get prompted to log on my Google Account.

And Market can't be opened, it just instantly closes.

Edit:

Nevermind, I completely restored my phone to default, wiped dalvik cache and re-flashed the rom.

Now it works :D

Thanks for your help ^^

Edited by MiniDemonic