[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

system partition is 140mb.

Will it work with that?

What do I need to make it work?

- Working Clockwork recovery (If your phone is rooted, then you can use ROM manager for that)

- 160 MB system partition (210 MB with GAPPS and other stuff)

- GEN 2 (Wbaw gen2 tpt v10 would be the best)

So that's a no.

All I can say is **WOW**. I've been using Alpha5 for a couple of days now and I'm blown away with how responsive and stable it is (even if it was a beta, let alone an Alpha release). I'm keeping with this for the moment, it hasn't got anything missing or not working that I need.

I'm running Gen2 210mb partition (originally a Gen1 TFT Orange SF) and reading through all the posts here (and on the aosp thread - unrelated but relevant I think!) I think this is the way to go. I factory wiped and cleared Dalvik cache in CWM before flashing to Alpha5. I've listed my experiences below. Just to make it clear, this is not a moan, I am truly amazed at the progress made on this rom. It seems most things that aren't working 100% (as to be expected!) have a work around anyway (I've listed these just if people are interested - each to their own!).

Great work!!!

Not working/partially working (most already mentioned):

• Gmail doesn't allow you to open emails (syncs the folders and shows the email header but email doesn't display when you click on it, just says loading). (Workaround - use the Email app instead. Tested and working with IMAP4, POP3 and Exchange accounts)
    • Youtube FC after clicking on a video (so main app opens but FC on choosing a video). (Workaround - going to m.youtube.com in Opera (stock browser issue listed below) just tries to load the video in the app anyway. If you really need youtube maybe install Skyfire browser which converts flash on the fly so it plays in the browser).
      • Stock browser opens but doesn't load a page (as I work at a mobile network I ran a trace on my ip and it shows the browser connects to our server but doesn't request the page, hence the page just tries to load and nothing else).Same with DolphinHD (I don't know the technical lingo here but do they use a similar "engine"? I know when I had temporary issues with the stock browser on CM7 I had exactly the same issue on Dolphin but Opera was fine)
        • DSP manager FC a few times when I first installed the rom. This was when I was using the stock music player. Since installing Winamp and no longer using the stock music player I haven't had any FC issues with DSP (related or fluke?!)
          • APN profiles do not switch automatically for MMS. That's to say, if your APN is on the internet profile (for instance called "Internet") for normal data use and you send/receive an MMS ("MMS") it does not switch from the Internet profile to the MMS profile so it can take into account the different settings (proxy, different APN name etc - if relevant to your mobile network). (Workaround - in the MMS apn profile just change the APN type from mms to mms,default. This will now put a circle next to the APN so you can manually select it. So if you are sending an MMS or trying to download one you can quickly select the MMS profile then change back to the internet profile again).
            • Not really an issue but had to use the "Calibrate Proximity Sensor" option in the Zte Blade Settings app so screen didn't stay locked when making a call (same as in CM7). Just for reference really if anyone else has the same issue and didn't know about this handy little feature.
              • Gallery FC to begin with but as mentioned after taking a screenshot it's now fine. Syncing with Picasa as well - awesome!
                • Camera FC. I'm guessing this just hasn't been implemented yet. No biggy!
                  • Auto brightness setting for the display. Can change this manually but auto brightness just drops it to the lowest brightness settings. Again, doesn't cause any issues.

Working fine (but some others have listed as not working)

• Wasn't rooted as standard. A quick flash in CWM as noted in previous posts worked perfectly, no issues here at all.

[*]Auto-rotate screen works fine. If watching a video and I rotate it can leave artefacts around the edge if the video resolution isn't filling the whole screen.

[*]WiFi - no issues at all (incidentally, Bluetooth is working well also for both audio and file transfer).

[*]Google Maps - Working fine with or without GPS enabled.

[*]Google accounts - Calender, Contacts, Picasa, Market all syncing fine. Only issue is Gmail as listed above but this isn't an account problem.

Thinks that I'm really liking:

[*]Threaded view in messaging with the contact pictures. Looks purdy ;)

[*]The new "People" app. Looks nice (do you see a theme here?!) and very user friendly.

[*]Battery life - For an alpha build this is amazing. I am unplugging the phone from charger at 5am and plugging it back in at 9pm with around 10% battery still left. This is with my normal use during the day (5 mins of calls, 20 or so text, few MMS, playing with apps, 30 mins of music via headphones, 30 mins of browsing, reading emails, generally having it on 2g only when in standby). This is similar to the battery life I was getting on CM7 latest nightly. Simply astounding!

[*]I currently have window and transition animations off and the whole OS is so slick moving around different screens. With them turned on it also works fine but a tiny lag (just me being picky!) but with the phones hardware it's still mightily impressive :)

[*]The CM extras in Phone Options (like in CM7) for reboot into recovery, screenshot etc. Why google haven't implemented this is beyond me. Great work CyanogenMod.

Final thought - Massively impressed with this build. Major props to Tom_G and everyone who is working on this. It's projects like this which really make me glad I purchased a Blade in the first place. This is going to be my everyday rom from now on out. It does everything I need it to and again I just can't believe how stable it is. Not one bootloop or unexpected shutdown.

Incidentally - do the developers take donations?

I've also experienced about the same battery life as the latest CM7. I'm not using as many apps though, but atleast there is no apparent drain of any sort. Looking really promising!

Wow, does the battery really last that long? Even my GB rom won't last that long...

Yup. I'm pretty tight on power management though. I'll have it on 2g most of the time and just quickly flick on 3g if I'm going to be browsing/downloading/streaming etc. I also only turn on wi-fi/bluetooth/gps when I need to use it. This is what I did on CM7 though and as I said battery life is comparable :)

I've tried to add a Finnish dictionary to the keyboard without success, does anyone have a clue why/where to look for further canges than just adding res/raw-fi/main.dict to LatinIME.apk? The dictionary is the same one I use in CM7.

One thing that does effect battery is the fact that I'd rather not turn aeroplane mode on as it causes a reboot and sometimes even gets stuck at a bootloop. After it boots back, aeroplane mode is on and I can switch it off without any problems. I think this was/is also the case with the AOSP build. I'm just leaving the phone untouched over night as it doesn't actually use that much battery afterall (2G on). I've experienced a loss of only <5% (maybe it was 2%) two nights in a row, and it was not in the somewhat inaccurate 90-100% zone.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest zufushiki

Now i have system partition 220mb and its boot fine. :)

Games wont work very good. Example Droidjump crash if you die and want restart.

Edited by zufushiki

Guest BunnyPig

I'm having troubles startin it. I can install it, I wipe everything and I have a GEN 2 device with the 160 MB partition. But when I install it, in like the middle of the install it tells me "Random Offset: 0x(some random numbers and text)" so for example "Random offset: 3x04a2", I'm not sure if that is supposed to be there but still it won't boot. I get the awesome bootscreen animation but it won't go any further... I've had the phone laying on the table working for a whole night (approximately 8 hours) but it's still not booting! Wtf is wrong? Anyone understand what could go wrong during the install? Please help quick!

Guest zardari

Hi guys! I have a Chinese Blade V880 with 256 mb. RAM. How do I increase the system partition with 160 mb. up to 220 mb.? The method proposed by the TPT ( ) not suited for this model..

P.S. Merry christmas! :)

Guest sarveshgeetha

hi! my device is Gen2 . and i downloaded that alpha5 version and i installed using clockwork recovery mod........it installed successfully... but when i boot ...the boot animation comes and it keeps on running but not at all going up through it..what to do???????????

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Akash P

hi! my device is Gen2 . and i downloaded that alpha5 version and i installed using clockwork recovery mod........it installed successfully... but when i boot ...the boot animation comes and it keeps on running but not at all going up through it..what to do???????????

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is definitely due to small partition size. To change the partition you need to use TPT. Get it here http://android.modac...__hl__+amphoras , download the third tpt (Gen 2 stock: 220mb system, 37.5mb cache, 162.5mb data, 21mb oem ). Next, as follows.

1.Copy the zip to the root of your sdcard.

2.Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" with the image.bin file inside it.

3.Turn your phone off. Once its off completely, turn it back on holding menu and vol+.

4.You should see green text on the screen, then once its finished it should boot into recovery.

5.Once in recovery, do a factory reset then install the rom. Remember to remove the image directory once you're finished to avoid reflashing the TPT by accident.

Remember that the first boot will take quite a while (~5min). Have patience!

Edited by Akash P

Guest Akash P

This rom is excellent! Eagerly waiting for the next release! Apart from the camera not working along with a bunch of other apps, it seems to be very stable. I havent had a single reboot yet. turning all the animations off keeps it usable. Changing the default launcher to Launcher Pro helps a lot, along with some minor overclocking. Been using this for the past 3 days as my daily driver.

Battery life is very good indeed! post-909406-0-58510300-1324806078_thumb.

Good to see that the good old Blade is capable of running ICS. Great work Tom. Thank You very much.

Edited by Akash P

Guest elastico

Is Burstlam's version in Chinese for you guys?

Makes it a bit difficult to use the phone when you have to guess what everything is. I have tried to download "more locale 2" to change the language but the installation wont work (I get a warning triangle in the status bar with some Chinese text next to it)