Monte Carlo £89 + £10 airtime

Guest NJPW

Guest dadashi

It all began with an iPhone...

March was when our son celebrated his 17th birthday, and we got him an iPhone. He just loved it. Who wouldn't?

I celebrated my birthday in July, and my wife made me very happy when she bought me an iPad.

Our daughter's birthday was in August so we got her an iPod Touch.

My wife celebrated her birthday in September so I got her an iRon.

It was around then that the fight started..

What my wife failed to recognize is that the iRon can be integrated into the home network with the iWash, iCook and iClean.

This inevitably activates the iNag reminder service.

I should be out of the hospital next week!!

Guest Atomix86
Care to expand on your comment.:huh:

Firstly, suggesting the locked down, walled garden iOS is better than Android (or any other OS for that matter, be it WinMo, WP7, Meego etc.) is just ludicrous. And those things you mentioned, my Skate gobbles that up for breakfast with room to spare, and offers me a much more pleasurable experience with it's larger, higher resolution screen. Each to their own however ;) .

Guest Voxpop2011

Firstly, suggesting the locked down, walled garden iOS is better than Android (or any other OS for that matter, be it WinMo, WP7, Meego etc.) is just ludicrous. And those things you mentioned, my Skate gobbles that up for breakfast with room to spare, and offers me a much more pleasurable experience with it's larger, higher resolution screen. Each to their own however ;) .

I was comparing handsets not operating systems. I have a foot in both camps as I also have an iPhone. I concede that Android has a high level of customisation, but at the end of the day the OMC/Skate is a low spec, budget phone with not even enough processing power to run Adobe flash without a hack.

The day may come when I move away from iPhone - unlikely as I have an Apple desktop - but it will have to be to an equivalent Android model.:P

Guest Voxpop2011

iphone doesnt support flash or does it now?

True, but only because of a dispute between Apple and Adobe. I managed to get flash running on the OMC, but it is jerky and not really up to the job of viewing anything but the shortest of clips.

Guest Atomix86

Equivalent android? There are some with specs that blow the iPhone out of the water, and are cheaper. Brand names pushing prices up, I tell ya ;).

Guest dadashi

True, but only because of a dispute between Apple and Adobe. I managed to get flash running on the OMC, but it is jerky and not really up to the job of viewing anything but the shortest of clips.

thats cause youre new to the omc,

Ive got mine playing any internet stream, channel, even iplayer....heres a tip for watching streams and playing absolutely any format video, install mxvideo from market, its free and installs all the codecs for arm6 after the installation....i assume you also have Adobe 11 installed....

I watched part of the mancity game on my omc last night...4.3" is great, I used to have a little 1.7" casio color lcd tv 20 years ago...its a huge difference

Edited by dadashi

Guest sleazy_diamond

Thanks for the heads-up! I was ooh-ing and ahh-ing over whether to get the Vivacity or Monte Carlo (mainly wanted the MC just because of the bigger screen) but I've just reserved my order at Argos, hope to pick it up later today.

BTW, the offer ends on the 20th of January ;)

Guest Voxpop2011

Ive got mine playing any internet stream, channel, even iplayer....heres a tip for watching streams and playing absolutely any format video, install mxvideo from market, its free and installs all the codecs for arm6 after the installation....i assume you also have Adobe 11 installed....

I watched part of the mancity game on my omc last night...4.3" is great, I used to have a little 1.7" casio color lcd tv 20 years ago...its a huge difference

Thanks for the tips about the other required software. To be honest, I am not a big watcher of content on small screens, but I kept reading how the OMC was not flash enabled and never got beyond installing the flash player for armv6.

The OMC is great as a low budget Android, but don't ditch your iPhone 3GS just yet as this is a miles better phone than the OMC. You will find that the OMC won't have the same functionality or speed. I use my OMC as a weekend alternative to carting about my expensive pay and go iPhone 4, but I don't think it would stand up to the rigours of my work email account, my personal email account, web surfacing and all the other things that iPhone does so well.

I fail to see how such a low spec iChump 3GS is so much faster than a OMC

3GS Specs

CPU Speed = 600Mhz

Ram = 256MB

Screen 320x480

Camera 3.0 Mega Pixel

Edited by Shonk

Guest Atomix86

I fail to see how such a low spec iChump 3GS is so much faster than a OMC

3GS Specs

CPU Speed = 600Mhz

Ram = 256MB

Screen 320x480

Camera 3.0 Mega Pixel

Agreed. And with iOS 5 installed its an absolute sloth.

Guest gregorv

Hello

Is this offer still valid, are phones still on stock, available?

Because I'm from EU, and my business partner can buy one for me.

I entered this post code: SN11NH and all results in 23 miles radious are "our of stock"

How can my partner get this phone, form some other location ? Which?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest Voxpop2011

Hello

Is this offer still valid, are phones still on stock, available?

Because I'm from EU, and my business partner can buy one for me.

I entered this post code: SN11NH and all results in 23 miles radious are "our of stock"

How can my partner get this phone, form some other location ? Which?

Thank you.

Kind regards

They are selling like hot cakes. If you can supply a London postcode, you may find some stores that have stock.

Guest Voxpop2011

Ive got mine playing any internet stream, channel, even iplayer ... i assume you also have Adobe 11 installed ...

How did you manage to install Adobe 11? The Android Market says it is incompatible with the Orange Monte Carlo.

Guest Atomix86

How did you manage to install Adobe 11? The Android Market says it is incompatible with the Orange Monte Carlo.

There's a hacked version floating f around.

Guest sleazy_diamond

Is the offer still available? I can´t find a place with stock...

Offer ends next Friday. There were 2 or 3 left in stock at my local store a few days ago (east London), but it's now sold out. And the stock checker says it's out of stock in the 10 nearest stores to me. ohmy.gif

Using http://icheckstock.co.uk/, there's 2 left in Harwich (CO12 4EN), 1 left in Ramsgate (CT11 9AG) and 1 left in Kings Lynn (PE30 1DL). If you type in your postcode and what you're looking for on the website it can check up to 100 stores nearest to you, so hope that helps. :)

Guest miniyou

Offer ends next Friday. There were 2 or 3 left in stock at my local store a few days ago (east London), but it's now sold out. And the stock checker says it's out of stock in the 10 nearest stores to me. ohmy.gif

Using http://icheckstock.co.uk/, there's 2 left in Harwich (CO12 4EN), 1 left in Ramsgate (CT11 9AG) and 1 left in Kings Lynn (PE30 1DL). If you type in your postcode and what you're looking for on the website it can check up to 100 stores nearest to you, so hope that helps. :)

Thanks, really appreciate it!

Guest Voxpop2011

whats the best out of this and the vivacity going for the same price ? pros and cons

sum, if you can get your hands on a Monte Carlo, this will be a better buy. The screen is bigger (if that matters) and is quite responsive. I went into a T-Mobil outlet to have a look at the Vivacity and was underwhelmed by its cheap iPhone 4 appearance and smallish screen. Google some reviews to help you decide whether in the absence of getting the OMC, the Vivacity would be an alternative buy or you should look for something else at around the same price or maybe spend a little bit more money.

Guest Voxpop2011

Same price as OMC?

Why not get a Galaxy 2?

[samsung] Galaxy 2 for £99.99 :blink: I think sum is looking for a cheapish phone at around the £100 mark.