Monte Carlo 2012 where are we going?

Guest FatLadZ

Guest Atomix86

Plenty of other phones have screens that size and it runs CM7 pretty well.

Check my sig ;)

Edit: I'm pretty sure the CPU was about 800mhz and downclocked to 600mhz - easily rectified in CM7.

I don't think it was, if I'm wrong then fair enough (I just cant imagine HTC doing that), but even so it's not a phone I like one bit.

Guest Skate Away

I don't think it was, if I'm wrong then fair enough (I just cant imagine HTC doing that), but even so it's not a phone I like one bit.

And there we have it....

wink.gif

There's a difference between a poor phone and one you don't like.

My wildfire was running at 768mhz and I can't say that the OMC seemed any faster when I got it.

No favouritism here, the wildfire has a far superior camera - the skate has a larger screen, I'm not slating either, though I was very surprised at just how poor the skate's camera is - though, by the same token the wildfire camera also surprised me as I didn't expect it to be usable....

Guest Atomix86
And there we have it....

There's a difference between a poor phone and one you don't like.

Unless the reason one doesn't like the phone is because it's a poor phone, and almost everyone will agree the Wildfire is probably htc's worst android device so far. I'm not going to continue this because you seem to have a zealotry for the phone because you own it.

Guest Skate Away

Unless the reason one doesn't like the phone is because it's a poor phone, and almost everyone will agree the Wildfire is probably htc's worst android device so far. I'm not going to continue this because you seem to have a zealotry for the phone because you own it.

Actually, I just gave it away.

No zealotry, I just think it deserves a fair trial, that's all.

biggrin.gif

As an entry level phone, I really couldn't find any faults with it - that's not bias, just fact.

It might be HTCs worst android device so far - but isn't that the description of any entry level device ??

Guest Wacky.ddw

I hope the flash timing could be tweaked, so it doesnt flash at the wrong time and gives you a completly white picture.

Also i cant imagine using the flash as a torch would be that bad for the LED...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JThumar

There is no top up voucher dude !! I had same impression. You get 10 primary when you register and 10 secondary automatically.......no question of sellling

As an OSF/Blade user for over a year, I was attracted to the OMC by the larger screen & other improvements, then suddenly my local Argos had them in stock for £90 so I went & got one yesterday, I think a number of OSF users will probably make the same choice so the user-base should increase & include some more devs.

My initial reaction to my new device is that the Orange bloating has made it a bit clunky in comparison to my CM7'd OSF so my wish for 2012 would be a number of our skilled members to come up with some reallly slick ROMs & turn this device into the killer device it is probably capable of being.

The only other comment would be to wonder what ZTE are up to by releasing the new OSF2/ZTE Crescent shortly after the OMC, is this going to put off the others like me who saw the OMC as a natural progression from the OSF?

NB when I fired up my new device, Orange immediately gave me £10 free credit so I didn't even need to use the mandatory Topup voucher that came with it. Are these actually saleable?