[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest camielkb

I dont know why your laughing.

So what you are saying is that this rom will NEVER be able to display Facebook, Gmail etc properly? Is that correct?

That is not what he is saying. Trip will never make a stripped, themed, sense based rom.

Guest NickClarke40

Don't think he's saying that, also if read thru the thread & the discussion thread you'll see people suggesting various fixes, including Trip in a reply to my noob question earlier.

tongue.gif

Plus, I'm sure given time, these things will be fixed (it's also worth following him on twitter, as he's tweeted some of the stuff he's working on).

I dont know why your laughing.

So what you are saying is that this rom will NEVER be able to display Facebook, Gmail etc properly? Is that correct?

Guest NickClarke40

Yep am aware of that, but thanks anyway

btw mine weren't working when in semi lit conditions, which was how I discoverd the problem & fix in the 1st place!!!

You do know that in lighted conditions the hardware buttons are turned off by the light sensor and will turn back on automaticly in dark conditions?

Just want to make sure your not confusing a feature as a bug.

Edited by NickClarke40

Guest TripNRaVeR

Excuse me, what? Where did i say that?

You was talking about you dont believe that a stock rom has everything working including the facebook app.. as far as i know every stock rom has everything working.

And yes that is just a stock htc rom. Some mods here and there nothing more.

THAT is what i was saying, it was kinda funny that you said "no way in the world" (that a stock rom has everything working) and i still find that funny

That definately explains why it isnt working in my rom, because my rom aint stock, and also the disclaimer during the flash says "it will have bugs"

Guest phillthorpe1

Don't think he's saying that, also if read thru the thread & the discussion thread you'll see people suggesting various fixes, including Trip in a reply to my noob question earlier.

tongue.gif

Plus, I'm sure given time, these things will be fixed (it's also worth following him on twitter, as he's tweeted some of the stuff he's working on).

which is what I thought.

So at the moment no one knows what the problem is, I suppose thats

obvious or it would be fixed now.

Can I ask you if this problem was on the previous versions?

Guest TripNRaVeR

So at the moment no one knows what the problem is, I suppose thats

Problem allready identified, i even posted it TODAY. Also identified doesnt mean fixed try to keep that in mind.

Guest phillthorpe1

You was talking about you dont believe that a stock rom has everything working including the facebook app.. as far as i know every stock rom has everything working.

THAT is what i was saying, it was kinda funny that you said "no way in the world" (that a stock rom has everything working) and i still find that funny

That definately explains why it isnt working in my rom, because my rom aint stock, and also the disclaimer during the flash says "it will have bugs"

Sorry

I said that I dont understand why it has Facebook , Gmail etc displaying correctly when this (your rom) doesnt.

Then you said it is because it is 250 mb's ..........

Then I said that there is no way in the world that is the reason. There has to be another reason why yours wont

display properly in Facebook etc.

You shouldnt take comments and questions as insults buddy. I am definately not trying to insult you.

Sorry

I said that I dont understand why it has Facebook , Gmail etc displaying correctly when this (your rom) doesnt.

Then I said that there is no way in the world that is the reason. There has to be another reason why yours wont

You shouldnt take comments and questions as insults buddy. I am definately not trying to insult you.

OK, what Trip didn't mention, probably because he didn't want to get into explaining the difference between a Sense ROM and an AOSP ROM, is that the ROM you posted about was a Sense-based ROM. It is using an HTC kernel, with Sense in the framework, and running in the background, ALWAYS. Even if someone adds AOSP apps and themes the ROM like AOSP, it will always be Sense.

That's why the ROM needs additional Sense files to run, and always will (bringing the size of the ROM to 250mb).

So basically, the reason everything works, is because HTC built the ROM, and it has been themed like AOSP.

Trip is building his ROM from AOSP source, and it's more difficult to get things working than it is for HTC, who built the phone and have source code for all the drivers that THEY designed.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Sorry

I dont take it as an insult, but since Iris i'm not the same anymore and i never will be, so i'm a bit tense most of the time.

That could make it like i'm reacting aggresively but thats just my way of responding its not that i "mean" it like that.

:)

Guest Jiggs82

OK, what Trip didn't mention, probably because he didn't want to get into explaining the difference between a Sense ROM and an AOSP ROM, is that the ROM you posted about was a Sense-based ROM. It is using an HTC kernel, with Sense in the framework, and running in the background, ALWAYS. Even if someone adds AOSP apps and themes the ROM like AOSP, it will always be Sense.

That's why the ROM needs additional Sense files to run, and always will (bringing the size of the ROM to 250mb).

So basically, the reason everything works, is because HTC built the ROM, and it has been themed like AOSP.

Trip is building his ROM from AOSP source, and it's more difficult to get things working than it is for HTC, who built the phone and have source code for all the drivers that THEY designed.

Well said bro!

This should be in the OP. PERFECT

Guest BummAround

TRIP,

maybe you have to explain everything is Dutch from now on... :blink:

Guest steini81

@Trip

I heard that if you install AOSP camera app on the HTC ICS Leak that both camera apps work perfect.

Is it possible to take the cam drivers and everything thats needed from the HTC Leak and use it in AOSP?

I'm a total noob in this things so please don't get pissed if what i wrote is bullsh...

Thanks for your great job dude!!!

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by TripNRaVeR

Guest HotShot69

I agree. He is asking for and reporting a bug to the dev... If we wanted to use the older version of Gmail we wouldn't be using this rom. Might be time to take a step back and stop taking things personally.

This has been reported a million times i dont think someone reporting it again would make a big difference, instead wasting server space and bandwidth

This has been reported a million times i dont think someone reporting it again would make a big difference, instead wasting server space and bandwidth

Yes. However, multiple reports of one quirk is indicative of a bug, whereas, one report only once could mean a bug or the byproduct of someone flashing incorrectly.

Guest phillthorpe1

Yes I understand that.. But it still doesnt identify the problem, does it.......

All it does is identify another different problem, which is Trip has less resources.

If you read what I actually posted you hopefully will realize that all I was trying

to do was bring up the topic and get people thinking about and hopefully solve the problem.

Sorry I mentioned it now.

Yes I understand that.. But it still doesnt identify the problem, does it.......

All it does is identify another different problem, which is Trip has less resources.

If you read what I actually posted you hopefully will realize that all I was trying

to do was bring up the topic and get people thinking about and hopefully solve the problem.

Sorry I mentioned it now.

Here's the thing... I responded by quoting one of your posts, and I only responded to that post. It was:

Sorry I said that I dont understand why it has Facebook , Gmail etc displaying correctly when this (your rom) doesnt. Then you said it is because it is 250 mb's .......... Then I said that there is no way in the world that is the reason. There has to be another reason why yours wont display properly in Facebook etc. You shouldnt take comments and questions as insults buddy. I am definately not trying to insult you.

So to what you wrote, my response is quite appropriate. You seemed very confused why a rom that is 250mb would not have issues whereas a rom that is 120mb does. There IS another reason. It's because of (as I mentioned in my post) Sense and the fact that everything is written for the phone using the source code because HTC wrote the source. I did read what you posted, and in all your posts, you keep asking the wrong questions. You are saying that we need to try and identify the problem and then solve it. What do you think Trip is doing right now? Just that. It's a Beta rom, so give him some time and wait patiently.

At this point, there is no way that anyone would have a better chance at solving problems in Trip's rom, because Trip is the one person who is the most familiar with the code in the ROM, and because nobody else has the source code for the work he has already put in.

Edited by gbzbar