[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest fireishott

Okay just had to reflash camera kept fc got it back but have noticed that the charging light does not work. And confirmed no front camera had to delete camera cache nd force stops to get it back

Edited by fireishott

Guest llKNOTTYll

I've had one soft reboot so far, no overheating. no battery drain.

Not noticing the speed improvements all that much but there definetly is some there. I've noticed that when paning and zooming in and out on the browser the text stays blurry for longer than usual before sharpening up/aliasing.

Can't comment on battery life just yet, Camera seems okay just annoying that the exposure seems way off until clicking video first and even then the camera quality is horrific, cant set it above 5M pixels, i'm guessing thats because its a nexus port?

Big improvements over the first version though even if it does soft reboot. Keep getting DSPmanager forcecloses as usual & music player forcecloses if in landscape mode and pressing settings.

Great work so far trip, enjoying the ride. B)

Guest TripNRaVeR

I've had one soft reboot so far, no overheating. no battery drain.

Not noticing the speed improvements all that much but there definetly is some there. I've noticed that when paning and zooming in and out on the browser the text stays blurry for longer than usual before sharpening up/aliasing.

Can't comment on battery life just yet, Camera seems okay just annoying that the exposure seems way off until clicking video first and even then the camera quality is horrific, cant set it above 5M pixels, i'm guessing thats because its a nexus port?

Big improvements over the first version though even if it does soft reboot. Keep getting DSPmanager forcecloses as usual & music player forcecloses if in landscape mode and pressing settings.

Great work so far trip, enjoying the ride. B)

Only the preview screen is not sharp, pictures are good, atleast for me. And the 5mp is because i'm not going to make a camera app before the rom is finished. You can always mod it yourself to higher resolutions. I just left it as stock.

The camera FC issue seems to be specifically for the FFC... at least for me. It will FC 100% of the time when I switch it to FFC, but if I clear data for the Camera app and just don't access the FFC, then it never FC's.

BTW... of course trip would release and update today, and then fix the camera exposure issue a few hours later, making me want his next update already. I thought that the update today would hold me off for a while, but now I want that exposure fix and I'm just waiting again until the next update. smile.gif

Oh well.

Guest K1UTCh809

well i know theres some problems like the cam n wifi/hotspot makes a soft reboot but ill wait till noticed other then that thingz r running the right way

Guest Gazza10

Hi Trip, only bug that has not yet been mentioned is setting up an exchange server account.

I have set up the screen lock/pin, but cannot get my exchange account set up as it continually shows an error cannot contact the server.

I know the server is okay as my laptop is connected.

Thanks for the rom, Tripsmile.gif

Edited by Gazza10

For those trying to get WIFI Calling to work. You need to add the following lines to your build.prop file

rild.libpath.ganlite=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1

Save it then reboot your phone into recovery. Flash your WIFI Calling zip. You can find it in the XDA Sensation forums. Connect to your wifi and it should startup and work.

This works for me perfectly.

Also I am looking into the bluetooth issue atm. No ETA yet. I have a few ideas for possibly fixing. (I require BT :) )

Edited by yousuc

Guest vikorth

i think the HEAT and battery drain its because of this process 980 44% R ; 1892K 1036K root /system/bin/bluetoothd its allways more than 44% of cpu.

Thanx mate this solved my heating issue (probably battery drain too). Just one soft reboot during wifi setup, everything else works great. I do not restored any application just downloaded again. Quick pic found every folder that contain any kind of pictures (no problems in landscape mode).

Really great job Trip !

I am also facing the battery drain issue, could you pls care to explain a little more as to how can I resolve this issue. thanks

Much appreciated!!

Just downloaded his kernel source from the link in OP. Hope that is what he is using. X Fingers.

Also see some additional errors for the msm8660.h and some others in logs.

Edited by yousuc

Guest vikorth

Just downloaded his kernel source from the link in OP. Hope that is what he is using. X Fingers.

Also see some additional errors for the msm8660.h and some others in logs.

I would think so too unless Trip can comment on it to be otherwise. It seems like you kinda know what you are talking about. X fingers :).