[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey trip seems your kernel source file is corrupt. Also seeing errors about msm8660.h complaining about hwc_prepare and hwc_set. Love to help you out bro. Appreciate all your work.

Guest Jiggs82

For some reason the LED notifications is acting weird. My phone was dead when plugging in the charger and the light was green like if the battery was full when it was not and another thing i noticed when receiving a notification the light stays on green instead of blinking:(

Ok thanks. But for some reason its not recognizing my face for nothing lol

Use Improve Facial Recognition ;) It'll appear in the options once you've set up Face Unlock. I've had to do it a fair amount of times to get it to be nearly-flawless.

Edited by zorlin

Guest sizzledroid

For those trying to get WIFI Calling to work. You need to add the following lines to your build.prop file

rild.libpath.ganlite=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1

Save it then reboot your phone into recovery. Flash your WIFI Calling zip. You can find it in the XDA Sensation forums. Connect to your wifi and it should startup and work.

This works for me perfectly.

Also I am looking into the bluetooth issue atm. No ETA yet. I have a few ideas for possibly fixing. (I require BT :) )

Thanks bro..I have loved this rom since it came out and now I can use it as a daily driver..I get zero service in my home...you made my day

Guest RoidDroidVoid

For those trying to get WIFI Calling to work. You need to add the following lines to your build.prop file

rild.libpath.ganlite=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1

Save it then reboot your phone into recovery. Flash your WIFI Calling zip. You can find it in the XDA Sensation forums. Connect to your wifi and it should startup and work.

This works for me perfectly.

Also I am looking into the bluetooth issue atm. No ETA yet. I have a few ideas for possibly fixing. (I require BT :) )

Thank you! It worked like a charm.

Also, I replaced Trebuchet with Nova Launcher and it works much better very smooth so far. Only thing missing is bluetooth. I have HW Accel On in GUI and only a couple soft reboots in a couple hours.

Face Recognition working fine too.

Nice work so far. :D

I'm on HBoot 1.23 Unlocked & new firmware/radio.

Edited by RoidDroidVoid

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey trip seems your kernel source file is corrupt. Also seeing errors about msm8660.h complaining about hwc_prepare and hwc_set. Love to help you out bro. Appreciate all your work.

Bluetooth issue isnt kernel related, i can use bluetooth with the htc ics leaks with my kernel so thats not the problem. hwc is hwardware composer and i'm aware of those issues.

Guest Coldfusown

Question for those terminal guru's who commented on "rm /system/bin/bluetoothd" or whatever. I've done this via a terminal app and does this work permanently even after a reboot? Thanks. Loving this ROM thus far.

And the camera works just fine, OP states what is needed in terms of information.

Edited by Coldfusown

Guest TripNRaVeR

Question for those terminal guru's who commented on "rm /system/bin/bluetoothd" or whatever. I've done this via a terminal app and does this work permanently even after a reboot? Thanks. Loving this ROM thus far.

And the camera works just fine, OP states what is needed in terms0 of information.

Rename /system/bin/bluetoothd to /system/bin/bluetoothd.bak and problem solved, also after reboot

Guest petar.bgd

I am also facing the battery drain issue, could you pls care to explain a little more as to how can I resolve this issue. thanks

use root explorer or ES file explorer and open system/bin/ folder , there is blootothhd file... just rename it, reboot and heating & battery drain is gonna,

thanx to Vlad again.

EDIT > Just reading through the thread and reply, now I see Trips post above mine lol biggrin.gif, sorry for doubling it

Edited by petar.bgd

Guest MartijnGP

Works perfectly! After reading the reports about the soft reboots, I rebooted my phone 4 - 5 times after flashing. Killed the bluetooth deamon and disabled screen rotation. The latter is the only problem for me, but it's no big deal either. Seems daily-driver worthy to me :) Now I'll just have to get round to flashing an HTC RUU, but I can't be bothered, actually..

Thanks, Trip!

Guest Jiggs82

use root explorer or ES file explorer and open system/bin/ folder , there is blootothhd file... just rename it, reboot and heating & battery drain is gonna,

thanx to Vlad again.

EDIT > Just reading through the thread and reply, now I see Trips post above mine lol biggrin.gif, sorry for doubling it

Hey does that help and fix battery draining/heating issues or is that for bluetooth?

Edit: Nevermind it is for the battery issues lol

Edited by Jiggs82

Guest Coldfusown

Has anyone come up with a work around for the browser freezing and rebooting? Persistent from last build and at times requires a battery pull. Just out of curiosity. Thanks.

Installed it yesterday to see if it worked better than the previous release. Camera worked straight away, no need to mess around with changing modes. Must say the interface is quite an improvement and the settings menu reminds me of iOS.

Sadly without any installs or changed settings the phone did a full reboot on opening the file manager just after 5 minutes of usage. After the screen went black I held the volume down button and immediately restored my backup.

This rom is far from ready being a daily driver but that will become clear to everyone once it reboots at that very second you need to jot down a note or make an important call.

Keep up the good work, I'll wait until that kernel is fixed :)

Guest SlasherX

Lets not forget that these things are done in big companies with a team of people working on it. Trip is doing it by himself.

I'm impressed.

I will not go into mentioning issues that are known already but the work arounds work great. If only we could have reverse tethering... :(