[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest framegrace

Rename /system/bin/bluetoothd to /system/bin/bluetoothd.bak and problem solved, also after reboot

My 2 cents.

Just removing execution permissions of the file is enough. (Easier to do from file explorer)

Guest BummAround

My 2 cents.

Just removing execution permissions of the file is enough. (Easier to do from file explorer)

Will deleting the file /system/bin/bluetoothd from the ROM zip result in an error if we flash the ROM afterward?

Guest vladnosferatu

i think its better to make a shell script to stop the service,

"stop bluetoothd"

because you will see on logcat, the android is trying to run the service, and gives a lot of errors because the file dont exist or cant be run

Guest framegrace

Will deleting the file /system/bin/bluetoothd from the ROM zip result in an error if we flash the ROM afterward?

If you only remove execution permissions (Not read or write perms), no.

Guest framegrace

"stop bluetoothd"

because you will see on logcat, the android is trying to run the service, and gives a lot of errors because the file dont exist or cant be run

That looks like a better solution, yes.

Mine were equivalent to the one Trip posted.

(As a Linux Admin and Android noob, never expected Android were so like Linux. It uses upstart? )

Guest WebMatze

hello,

just to report a bug:

when you setup the galery widget, the widget ask to choose an album or an image, at that moment the screen is completly unreadable the text is printed three or four time

see screenshot

Other than that, the ROM is great

post-953653-0-14391400-1326198870_thumb.

Guest BummAround

"stop bluetoothd"

OK, how exactly the script (to stop bluetoothd) shall be? And where to put, please?

Guest R1nGoStar_

hello,

just to report a bug:

when you setup the galery widget, the widget ask to choose an album or an image, at that moment the screen is completly unreadable the text is printed three or four time

see screenshot

Other than that, the ROM is great

I had the same bug. For me it only showed for milliseconds then it rendered ok.

No issue after that.

Guest WebMatze
I had the same bug. For me it only showed for milliseconds then it rendered ok.

No issue after that.

for me it stays like in the screenshot , but i can set up the widget and the widget works great...

Guest Rick Ginsberg

For people who have a problem with wifi tethering, I was unable to connect any of my pcs, but when I used Barnacle from the market everything worked fine. Just an option

Guest R1nGoStar_

Reporting in.

Heres what I found:

Typing SMS, tilt to landscape reboots phone. (This Issue is repeatable.)

First time after setup, gallery widget setup, choosing folder to show I get tiles for half a second, then its ok after that.

First time in Camera app. It takes some time to settle, after that its fine with no FC.

Guest katiepea

this rom is fantastic, with the latest firmware 3.12 and the wifi calling fix, i now have wifi calling, gtalk, camera, everything except bluetooth and google tts is FC'ing frequently, no idea how to fix that, would like to use it tho, voice actions work, but i guess maybe navigation audio wouldn't, haven't tried yet. but honestly this rom is completely usable as a daily driver. excellent work here, impressive to say the least. can't ask for much more coming from one person, let alone a few / many. very happy with this install.

Guest DDeveryday

Thank you for making ICS accessible for us, Sensation owners, when no one else can. It gave us a glimpse on what ICS has to offer and what we should expect. But that's all there is, a glimpse.

Guest framegrace

My issues:

- Flash on full screen behaves strangely.

* Videos loop some frames forever while showing some blittering and mixed images overlayed. Audio is Ok. All goes fine if not on full screen.

* I saw this happening on some Kongregate flash games on full screen too, but not always. On video is more resilient.

* Tried with HW accel disabled and enabled, and happened the same of both cases.

- Some reboots on opening Gmail messages.

Appart of that, all OK.

Great work!. I'll be using it daily for now on.

Guest dextroz

For those trying to get WIFI Calling to work. You need to add the following lines to your build.prop file

rild.libpath.ganlite=/system/lib/librilswitch.so

rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so

ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1

Save it then reboot your phone into recovery. Flash your WIFI Calling zip. You can find it in the XDA Sensation forums. Connect to your wifi and it should startup and work.

This works for me perfectly.

Also I am looking into the bluetooth issue atm. No ETA yet. I have a few ideas for possibly fixing. (I require BT :) )

THANKS!!! This is great news.

There are however, different versions of the Wifi Calling files in XDA. Can you please mention the specific one you used?

Trip (or Mod): Can this information please be added to the OP?

Guest BummAround

Really hoping Trip can release a flash-able zip for bluetooth fix (stopping its service).

And as for apps that heavily accessing sc-card would cause flashing screen followed by a freeze, nobody cares to concur it happens? And how to deal with it?

Guest tunatje

Nice rom Trip. I like it very much!

I had a day off today so I made a bootanimation specially for you. Hope you like it! ( I have to make it shorter, it doesnt show everything )

Megashare Link

f0123.png

Edited by tunatje

Guest vladnosferatu

i have change the RAMDISK

i comment the service line in init.rc

##service bluetoothd /system/bin/bluetoothd -n

## class main

## socket bluetooth stream 660 bluetooth bluetooth

## socket dbus_bluetooth stream 660 bluetooth bluetooth

## # init.rc does not yet support applying capabilities, so run as root and

## # let bluetoothd drop uid to bluetooth with the right linux capabilities