[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest WebMatze

Hello,

just to confirm ROM works with latest firmware from leak 4.0.3 RRU

I also confirm that the GPS doesn't work, when GPS is disabled my gps software (igo) detect that the gps is disabled, if i enable the GPS in android, IGO tries to get a fix but never get it.

Guest staymunch

Exactly TR002B isnt compatible with the latest firmware.

I'm having no issues over here with the latest firmware, except gps but i don't care about gps lol. Have yet to have a single reboot cool.gif

Guest fireishott

Yes nova launcher is way better right now im using beta10:)

Question: is anyone having their data network going in and out? Mine seems to do it alot lately and i've tried rebooting the phone and taking out the battery for a few seconds and putting it back in but it still does it:\

Thanks for the heads up on nova it is the bees knees man lol

Guest BummAround

Sorry for being lazy but what are the known bugs? Or any fixes or something? I'm still on BETA 1. Not too sure to flash this one.

• Camera works at 5MP (mixed reports), front-facing causes FC, video camera doesn't work.
  • Bluetooth doesn't wok & the service that involves a file 'bluetoothd" in /system/bin has caused phone to run warm and/or batt drains. Renaming the will supposedly fix it, but it would be better to disable the service thru a script.
  • GPS doesn't work
  • Wifi calling doesn't work, but there are some lines to be added into the build.prop & some fix allegedly available over at the xda-developers (but not sure which version, though).
  • Auto-rotate doesn't work (mixed reports), disable it for the time being to prevent freeze/reboot.
  • Hardware acceleration is supposedly works as per Trip's post, but some reported battery drains and/or freeze/reboot.
  • Stock launcher is erroneous, some suggested nova launcher, no further details.

I might be missing some posts, so disclaimer stands. :rolleyes:

Guest Cyberdan3

Definitely replace stock launcher with Nova launcher. Super smooth.

I still get reboots a couple times a day. The biggest problem other than no GPS is the fact that a few of my most used apps forces close. Maybe they just gotta get with the times and make it compatible with ICS.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Firmware package: (SUPERCID REQUIRED BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY THIS)

for best performance and compatibility with my current and especially upcoming versions flash this package and youre good to go. This package will updated when one of my roms requires it. This initial version doesnt have much different from other firmware packages i guess. Every version that is following from here on will be editted and/or improved to match my rom. (instead of matching my rom to htc, we go the other way arround)

How to verify if package is succesfull and firmware is upgraded to TripNDroid Mobile Engineering?

doesnt really need an explanation, you will see it for yourself :)

Flashing needs to be done via bootloader (PG58xx.zip)

Download:

http://www.mediafire...p6hu41vigdcg6dj

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest vladnosferatu

Updated firmware package:

for best performance and compatibility with my current and especially upcoming versions flash this package and youre good to go. This package will updated when one of my roms requires it. This initial version doesnt have much different from other firmware packages i guess. Every version that is following from here on will be editted and/or improved to match my rom. (instead of matching my rom to htc, we go the other way arround)

How to verify if package is succesfull and firmware is upgraded to TripNDroid Mobile Engineering?

Download:

thankk ;) next version for when ?

Guest TripNRaVeR

Could someone upload it to another website? Can't download it through my phone...

No i dont want mirrors. Also why would someone even want to flash firmware on-the-go ?? way to risky if you ask me.

Guest Jiggs82

Updated firmware package:

Download:

So far so everything seems to run smooth. Oh yeah by the way cool splash screen Trip:D

Guest Jiggs82

Can't flash because my volume up button doesn't work. Any other method?

Even if you take out the back cover it wont? It's kind of dangerous though so be cautious

Guest Chilled26

Hold youre phone upside down and try again. :unsure:

:( Button doesn't work because the buttons fell off and I crazy glued back on and the volume up stuck...volume down works.

Guest Chilled26

Even if you take out the back cover it wont? It's kind of dangerous though so be cautious

thank you will try right away!

Edit: It worked!

Edited by Chilled26