[ROM] [DEV's] [CM9] Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 to our Liquid

Guest RomzesRover_R

Guest JustinChasez

Hey guys,

Many thanks for your hard working to bring ICS to our Liquid. Im from Vietnam, and a mobile web developer. The biggest issue is that the Camera still not work. Hope you guys release a new version soon that fix the camera issue.

Im in need ICS to test my project. On my current GB (LiquidNext) it's displaying perfectly.

One more time, many thanks to all of you.

Hi, first post here but I'm following you since the beginning.

Just built from source using this device tree, seems much better than all previous alphas! Very good and hard work devs!

erm - battery life = non existant? :(

phone charged fully at 7:30am - sat in my pocket all day doing nothing - 4pm = battery 0% flat (this is after about 2nd/3rd reboot so not an initial use thing)... known problem?

Guest Ma7moud

Hi, first post here but I'm following you since the beginning.

Just built from source using this device tree, seems much better than all previous alphas! Very good and hard work devs!

can you upload the rom you built ??

Guest thepasto

can you upload the rom you built ??

Guys don't share that rom.. We have currently changed partition layout in it. So it's really really DANGEROUS if you don't know what are you doing. If you have patience we will share that rom, but there are still several problems to be ready for daily use, so please wait..

I update my repo to work with other devs, and they know how to work with my changes. Don't use my repo to do test if you don't want to use your liquid like a paperweight.

Be careful.. We are not enjoing to bring ics only for ourself. We are working for you too :P

Thanks

Guys don't share that rom.. We have currently changed partition layout in it. So it's really really DANGEROUS if you don't know what are you doing. If you have patience we will share that rom, but there are still several problems to be ready for daily use, so please wait..

I update my repo to work with other devs, and they know how to work with my changes. Don't use my repo to do test if you don't want to use your liquid like a paperweight.

Be careful.. We are not enjoing to bring ics only for ourself. We are working for you too :P

Thanks

Don't worry, I had no intention to share the compiled rom, in addition to the possibility of brick, it would not be correct!

I think everyone should take a look at the repo to see how hard you are working.

P.S. I am not a super-expert, but if you need help... here I am wink.gif

Guest Ma7moud

ok thanks for the warning, if i could i would have built the rom myself from your sources, but i couldn't get it to build before.

and i just wanted to see what has changed

i'm following your work on github and i have to say that is so much work you are doing, and i thank all of you for it.

but it would be really good if you could update this thread every 2 or 3 days with some news about what you are working on, so everyone can know

thanks again for your work and Alpha 36 is really good, using it as a daily rom now

BTW i can't get a2sd to work, it says sd-ext is not mounted properly

EDIT: and automatic light sensor is working for me, maybe too bright sometimes but its working

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest after_silence

ok thanks for the warning, if i could i would have built the rom myself from your sources, but i couldn't get it to build before.

and i just wanted to see what has changed

i'm following your work on github and i have to say that is so much work you are doing, and i thank all of you for it.

but it would be really good if you could update this thread every 2 or 3 days with some news about what you are working on, so everyone can know

thanks again for your work and Alpha 36 is really good, using it as a daily rom now

BTW i can't get a2sd to work, it says sd-ext is not mounted properly

EDIT: and automatic light sensor is working for me, maybe too bright sometimes but its working

A2sd in alpha36 cant work with ext2 partition. Now im using Darktremors a2sd (version 2.7.5.2-1) and its works fine for me so i recommend to use it in subsequent builds.

For now we cant upload new build because of testing new partition layouts and because currently its still not ready for daily using as alpha36 (with new kgsl we have broken power management (no deep sleep) - so the battery drain is very huge). If we will upload it right now there will be to much negative feedbacks, complains etc from users.

About the process of developing: in last days thepasto and roggin were working on new partition layout and on getting camera alive.

Guest Ma7moud

A2sd in alpha36 cant work with ext2 partition. Now im using Darktremors a2sd (version 2.7.5.2-1) and its works fine for me so i recommend to use it in subsequent builds.

For now we cant upload new build because of testing new partition layouts and because currently its still not ready for daily using as alpha36 (with new kgsl we have broken power management (no deep sleep) - so the battery drain is very huge). If we will upload it right now there will be to much negative feedbacks, complains etc from users.

About the process of developing: in last days thepasto and roggin were working on new partition layout and on getting camera alive.

i have ext4 partition and its still not working, will try darktremors a2sd. and i noticed the battery drain is more than normal.

and most of the time the phone hangs when i'm playing games

but other than that its really good, and i love the new music app, i hope you can get the camera to work soon tongue.gif

Guest Ma7moud

Yeah Can't Say Much Bad About The Rom its very good , Can't Wait for The Camera To Work That will be good :)

keep up the good work Dev's

me too, and less hangs too i hope.

it doesn't completely stop working, it feels like the phone is working but the screen won't show what i'm doing, looks like a GPU driver problem to me

it hanged once while i was watching a youtube video in the youtube app, the video stopped but i could hear the audio and i long pressed the power button then clicked on the screen where the reboot option is there and then OK and it showed the "Rebooting" message and rebooted normally.

i hope that helps the devs know what is the problem

Guest after_silence

me too, and less hangs too i hope.

it doesn't completely stop working, it feels like the phone is working but the screen won't show what i'm doing, looks like a GPU driver problem to me

it hanged once while i was watching a youtube video in the youtube app, the video stopped but i could hear the audio and i long pressed the power button then clicked on the screen where the reboot option is there and then OK and it showed the "Rebooting" message and rebooted normally.

i hope that helps the devs know what is the problem

How are you watching youtube videos without hardware supported decoding of video?? Its must to be sooooooo slow without hw dec :-)

What about hangings in other situations: dont know, may be there will be less of them in new builds, i havent noticed them in alpha36 then im was using it :-)

Guest leclercqsteeven

I've watched for enable HW acceleration and I did it. You've to open the alpha zip archive, go to the system folder, open build.prop and change the line :

ro.config.disable_hw_accel=false to

ro.config.disable_hw_accel=true

I didn't notice a battery drain and the liquid is faster. Why did you disabled this option ?

Guest Thmz159

I've watched for enable HW acceleration and I did it. You've to open the alpha zip archive, go to the system folder, open build.prop and change the line :

ro.config.disable_hw_accel=false to

ro.config.disable_hw_accel=true

I didn't notice a battery drain and the liquid is faster. Why did you disabled this option ?

Doesn't disable_hw_accel= true mean that HW acc is disabled? If it was set to false, HW acceleration should be ON :P

I'm not sure about this ofcourse but it seems logic...

Edited by Thmz159

Guest akira.pwr

Doesn't disable_hw_accel= true mean that HW acc is disabled? If it was set to false, HW acceleration should be ON :P

I'm not sure about this ofcourse but it seems logic...

In this case =true mean OFF I think.

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest leclercqsteeven

oh yes, you're true. So disable hardware accel seems to improve our liquid ICS performances ^^. Launcher don't lag for me and UI is faster. But maybe in game it will be one other thing but like I don't play with my phone.

Edited by leclercqsteeven

Guest Sn0w0nS

oh yes, you're true. So disable hardware accel seems to improve our liquid ICS performances ^^. Launcher don't lag for me and UI is faster. But maybe in game it will be one other thing but like I don't play with my phone.

I don't get it, I went to the file to change it but it was already set to true so I changed it to false, just to see what happens, now because it was set to true already it means that hw acceleration was turned on and because I've set it to false it should now be turned off but whats funny is nothing changed everything still works fine like before and launcher is still a bit laggy , and is solved when I install adw ex launcher.

But I really really really hope that we can get hw accel fully working because thats the only reason keeping me from using it as a daily rom.

Guest ThePentagon

Multitouch has some lags, then I've tried to remove "android.hardware.multitouch.distict.xml" in system\etc\permissions, and I've replaced it with this .xml file http://www.mediafire...44awm3aybch7xzu . After this change, I find the multitouch with less lags than before. :P

I hope to help you with this fix.

Sorry for my bad English.