[ROM][GEN2]LEWA_Fixed_Privacy (Android 2.3.7)[CM7 Based]

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Guest hankhandsome

wow. my battery seems to have rather suddenly "settled" !!. Charged to 100% today and unplugged about 9am. sent a good few texts, made a couple of status updates on FB over 3G and listen to music for about 40 minutes. i still had 100% battery until about 11am, but obviously the music playing is going to hammer it a bit.

sitting at 85% left at 3:30pm so far, so VERY happy with that. Even used adfree last night to update the hosts file to block ads online and re-updated it to block umeng as well so this is definitely going to be the rom for me for the foreseeable future !!

and i even prefer the stock SMS app over handcent as well ..

Well, that pretty much sums up every ROM I've ever tried, including CM7 and it's kangs. I would guess no ROM will be perfect for most of us. You just have to try them out and use whatever is the best for you. For me, for now Lewa does what I need, mostly.

I am using Blade Mix 360 of FA for 2 months and it has no issue at all....I guess if u try to mess with any rom for too much modification in UI then u will lose the stabilty of that rom....Blade Mix 360 is also modified but limited!!!

Guest deepmenace

wow. my battery seems to have rather suddenly "settled" !!. Charged to 100% today and unplugged about 9am. sent a good few texts, made a couple of status updates on FB over 3G and listen to music for about 40 minutes. i still had 100% battery until about 11am, but obviously the music playing is going to hammer it a bit.

sitting at 85% left at 3:30pm so far, so VERY happy with that. Even used adfree last night to update the hosts file to block ads online and re-updated it to block umeng as well so this is definitely going to be the rom for me for the foreseeable future !!

and i even prefer the stock SMS app over handcent as well ..

agreed - im getting really good battery mostly...but occasionally i'm getting something that is draining the battery even while charging!!! cant work out what it is but if i reboot if stops the drain. very weird.

Guest Davidoff59

hankhandsome, the launcher sends info to umeng, but there are other permissions on the other apps. I had the launcher app frozen and saw massive battery life improvement after blocking the other stock apps permissions.

It makes you wonder though just how much info is being sent when it has such an impact on battery life.

My difference was approximately 89% versus 35% with permissions on and off tested over 3 full days with the same usage.

Guest hankhandsome

hankhandsome, the launcher sends info to umeng, but there are other permissions on the other apps. I had the launcher app frozen and saw massive battery life improvement after blocking the other stock apps permissions.

It makes you wonder though just how much info is being sent when it has such an impact on battery life.

My difference was approximately 89% versus 35% with permissions on and off tested over 3 full days with the same usage.

that's a huge difference -wow. i like the stock messaging app though :)

i might have a look though - i suppose at a push i could always install launcher pro and just completely bin the stock launcher with titanium. not overly fussed about OTA updates ..

Did a complete wipe at least 4 times. Installed the ROM only to find that market is not present.

Finally gave up and went to wbaw s r4.

Any particular reason as to why this is happening?

Guest hankhandsome

have you checked your partition size ? have you flashed gapps ?

market is fine on mine.

i've lost 3% battery in 20 minutes, although i suspect this is more to do with battery stats more than anything so i might recharge back to 100%

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Did a complete wipe at least 4 times. Installed the ROM only to find that market is not present.

Finally gave up and went to wbaw s r4.

think you did not install google apps from the first post, or your partition size is too small

think you did not install google apps from the first post, or your partition size is too small

I did. And was previously on ligux. Now on r4. All of em have the same partition size requirements rite??

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Im not 100% sure to be honest, im running the ics ready partition layout myself so i have plenty of room in the system partition.

you could try using freespace from market and check your partition sizes.

or you could flash the lewa tpt http://www.multiupload.com/MQ7D3ME8TQ

My freespace informatio

Cache: 50mb

Data: 203mb

System: 215mb

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Im not 100% sure to be honest, im running the ics ready partition layout myself so i have plenty of room in the system partition.

you could try using freespace from market and check your partition sizes.

or you could flash the lewa tpt http://www.multiupload.com/MQ7D3ME8TQ

My freespace informatio

Cache: 50mb

Data: 203mb

System: 215mb

Mine is: Cache:50 mb,

Data:162 mb

System:220mb

Will try the updated Lewa today and let you know. Fingers crossed. :)

Guest hankhandsome

have fun ;)

Thanks. Can I just flash this over the other one or is it advisable to wipe everything (a phrase which still sounds gross :D) ??.

I've actually used titanium to uninstall most of the stock apps, apart from messaging ..

stuff it, might just flash it and see .. can always do a clockwork backup :)

Guest hankhandsome

ok it flashes fine, but the chinese language is back - changed it to english but there's still plenty of chinese text on other applications

feels a bit smoother as well, but that might just be me :)

think i'll go back to the last release and wait to see if anyone sorts this one out.

Guest Lost_Animal

The Latest Friday 20/01/2012 Update from LEWA.

This ROM for me is the Fastest and most wonderful ROM ever made.

Download from Lewa_19_01_12

MD5 CheckSum : 44A3F601553ACAC494C15B5A1A4941E7

Update: Uploaded Temporary on My Server due to Multiupload Problems

Edited by Lost_Animal