[ROMS] Racerboy-Vamshi CyanogenMod Based LeWa ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

thx RacerBoy!

i have a question. i can just flash this update? or need "full wipe" in old rom?

sorry my english tongue.gif

thanks!

you can just flash like update over the top of older verison yes, but i`ve just informed of a slight problem of receiving text messages (just checked myself and not receiving)

so dont flash yet, i`ll re-upload later with fixed version, also will include Market aswell that was missing

Edited by Racerboy

Guest habbo45

you can just flash like update over the top of older verison yes, but i`ve just informed of a slight problem of receiving text messages (just checked myself and not receiving)

so dont flash yet, i`ll re-upload later with fixed version, also will include Market aswell that was missing

oh! thank you for the fast reply! i just instaled now LoL! but i wait. tnks! biggrin.gif

Guest Racerboy

UPDATE: new link for LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.03 on 1st post of this thread.................please READ the changelog on 2nd post of this thread for revised version of rom

IF Market is not present on apps menu then just add google account on settings/account & sync

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Ang3l09121

UPDATE: new link for LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.03 on 1st post of this thread.................please READ the changelog on 2nd post of this thread for revised version of rom

IF Market is not present on apps menu then just add google account on settings/account & sync

all correct now have tested on over 20 contacts texts are fixed definitely and currently no more bugs found and to say you need to sign into ur google account before the market will show =]

P.S watch out for some Apps2SD aplication on market some really screw with the phone so choose carefully

Edited by Ang3l09121

Guest Ang3l09121

hey i found phew bugs the notifications sometimes dont sound the hardware hang up and accept dont work when on call when screen is blacked anyone else had this?

Guest massacre^

i m having a very serious problem...idk wether its got something to do with lewa rom but my phone is getting restarted suddenly..i think the battery is kinda loose so its getting disconnected if i jerk it..help apreciated very much :rolleyes:

Guest Racerboy

i m having a very serious problem...idk wether its got something to do with lewa rom but my phone is getting restarted suddenly..i think the battery is kinda loose so its getting disconnected if i jerk it..help apreciated very much :rolleyes:

if when you shake the phone it turns off or reboots i`da thought it would be the battery that is loose or not seated properly, put a bit of cardboard or something like that at the bottom to keep it in place...........i`ve not had any problems with the phone rebooting at all

Guest Racerboy

hey i found phew bugs the notifications sometimes dont sound the hardware hang up and accept dont work when on call when screen is blacked anyone else had this?

accepting incoming phone call when phone asleep works fine here........had no problems with phone at all, only thing i`m not sure about is whether the settings menu tab is supposed to be abit dark grey and the rest white or all supposed to be dark grey, judging by the white font i`d say its supposed to be dark grey all the way across...all the builds so far have been the same, it maybe because of the screen resolution but i`ll check it out anyway for next build.........

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Ang3l09121

hey just to report i found fix for the screen going off and no button function ow and having issues with SMS notifications i reflashed the rom but the problem still excists and when u change the laucher it kicks up a fuss lol if you got any suggestions i will quite happily try replicate the issue to show you

Guest Antonio H

Hi!

I'm a big fan of this ROM!!!

I updated to the last version, but I have a problem now...

I use an App, WhatsApp and after update, say that was not installed.... strange..

Ok, I go to market and install. Gives me an error....

I search in LogCat, and found this:

02-11 00:16:02.554 E/PackageManager(221): Package com.whatsapp requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps; failing!

02-11 00:16:02.554 W/PackageManager(221): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.whatsapp-2.apk

So I checked and Google Maps works fine...

I uninstall google map, go to the Application Management and remove "com.whatsapp" and reboot

Install again Google Maps, check and it's working normal.

Try again install WhatsApp, and the same error...

I had made backups with Titanium just before ROM update, so I use Titanium to Restore this App... Same error.

Can you (and other members) please verify if have the same issue?

Best Regards,

Edited by Antonio H

Guest Racerboy

Hi!

I'm a big fan of this ROM!!!

I updated to the last version, but I have a problem now...

I use an App, WhatsApp and after update, say that was not installed.... strange..

Ok, I go to market and install. Gives me an error....

I search in LogCat, and found this:

02-11 00:16:02.554 E/PackageManager(221): Package com.whatsapp requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps; failing!

02-11 00:16:02.554 W/PackageManager(221): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.whatsapp-2.apk

So I checked and Google Maps works fine...

I uninstall google map, go to the Application Management and remove "com.whatsapp" and reboot

Install again Google Maps, check and it's working normal.

Try again install WhatsApp, and the same error...

I had made backups with Titanium just before ROM update, so I use Titanium to Restore this App... Same error.

Can you (and other members) please verify if have the same issue?

Best Regards,

hi, the required permissions are missing from the rom, try the attached file and let me know how it goes

copy attached file to sdcard and install through CWM, then delete cache on "mounts and storage" ...reboot

update_fix.zip

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

this rom is any any faster than the latest cm7 2.3.7 ?

these roms are based on cm7.1.0 (stable release) and are quite fast, it has a different feel to the rom and is a user preference to whether you would like it

the best version IMO is LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.01.06, the changes made by LeWa in the Newest version have some what degraded the rom itself, although some of the new app updates are quite nice, all the roms whichever you choose are nice and stable.....the choice is yours

Guest Antonio H

hi, the required permissions are missing from the rom, try the attached file and let me know how it goes

copy attached file to sdcard and install through CWM, then delete cache on "mounts and storage" ...reboot

update_fix.zip

Thanks!! This solve the problem :)

It's not a big issue, but I also noted in Titanium, the "File Manager 1.1.4" and "Terminal Emulator 1.0.29" from the previous version of the ROM are not present in this.

It's normal? Some change made by LeWa?

Guest habbo45

Thanks!! This solve the problem :)

It's not a big issue, but I also noted in Titanium, the "File Manager 1.1.4" and "Terminal Emulator 1.0.29" from the previous version of the ROM are not present in this.

It's normal? Some change made by LeWa?

hi! the file manager is in rom!

post-950019-0-00419200-1329049261_thumb.

post-950019-0-10731700-1329049238_thumb.

the terminal emulator is not present :(

see ya!

Guest Racerboy

Thanks, works well :)

It's there any difference in use this, or use any other installed from the market?

the terminal_app.zip contains the stock terminal emulator from the cm7, to be honest i dont think their is real difference between any other on the market, although i have never used any terminal emulator from the market to see, glad it works anyway :)