[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

Guest lloco73

after using market update phone reboots.

2/news and weather app can't give the weather...even after manually set.

for me news and weather app is giving info ok.

Edited by lloco73

Guest lloco73

i tried to set it various time.is there particular setting?

I think no. After i connected (on wireless) it updated my location and news, and allthis without changing anything..

Reproduced android reboot on Alarm attempt when phone is not active. Not good.

Phone should be unplugged from usb to observe this.

Here I found similar bug desctiption - reboot on Alert or incoming SMS:

http://www.google.co...3f059aa05&hl=en

EDIT:

tested cm6-u8220-20120206-v2 (with .32 kernel) - worked fine, but it's froyo 2.2.1, we have 2.2.2 here.

Also bootanimation works there fine - android text logo kind of under spotlight - default bootanimation (if remove CM6 bootanimation file).

Edited by pier11

@ pier11.Hi. i could notice that in the various um840 rom you uploaded on first page, that you made various change (addind or deleting files) in system/etc/audio* and also in system/etc/libaudio*. can you make a point about it please? would like to learn/understand....thanks a lot :)

I changed only /system/etc/Audio*.csv files between builds.

I don't know much bout that, but here is facts:

- with stock Audio*.csv files there is no sound, only white noise, on all froyo ports we did - um840, u8150, ascend.

- if remove the files, sound appears. It may be loud.

- Audio*.csv is taked from our previous Pulse rom (cm6 as I remember) in most recent builds. It didn't do much of difference, I expected it to make sound a bit less loud and linear to adjust.

As I understand, Audio*.csv files are equalizer settings for different devices - loudspeaker, headset, etc. I don't understand it's internals.

Edited by pier11

where did you get SetMacAddress app?

market I would guess...

I can kind of reproduce his bug on ideos x3 rom. Haven't tested on um840 rom. On Ideos rom, SetMacAddress (your version extracted from cm7 rom) at first does not read mac address at all. If I symlink /system/etc/firmware to point to /system/wifi/ - it shows current mac address, but fails to update it. First conclusion is that it expects files to be in /system/etc/firmware as they are in cm. Don't know though why it cannot write to them...

does setmacaddress work for you on um840?

market I would guess...

I can kind of reproduce his bug on ideos x3 rom. Haven't tested on um840 rom. On Ideos rom, SetMacAddress (your version extracted from cm7 rom) at first does not read mac address at all. If I symlink /system/etc/firmware to point to /system/wifi/ - it shows current mac address, but fails to update it. First conclusion is that it expects files to be in /system/etc/firmware as they are in cm. Don't know though why it cannot write to them...

does setmacaddress work for you on um840?

The one from cm7 should never be used on any other roms, as it was patched by me to work with that unusual file tree layout of cm7 and diverted firmware names and amount of firmware files.

recent um840 roms ship SetMacAddress.apk, that worked for me fine. It's a stock version of app.

Edited by pier11

recent um840 roms ship SetMacAddress.apk, that worked for me fine. It's a stock version of app.

That one also doesn't work on ideos rom. It can get mac address though without symlink trick, because on ideos rom, files are where they should be (in fact, wifi folder is identical to um840).

But this is not ideos thread ;)

edit: update: it DOES work when executing "adb remount" before using it. seems it fails to remount automatically - at least on ideos rom.

@radodendron

what version of rom are you running?

Edited by dr.flo

Guest lloco73

success on change the grey rectangle on boot. (problem was on assets/images, but images in there were exactly the same but bigger in size)

Just replace it with this framework-res.apk

earlier versions of um840 roms came un-rooted. Likely that's @radodendron issue.

supersuser is there from um840-20120215.zip

EDIT:

consolidated Changelog on the second page of the thread.

Edited by pier11

success on change the grey rectangle on boot. (problem was on assets/images, but images in there were exactly the same but bigger in size)

Just replace it with this framework-res.apk

awesome man, thanks for your work!

I also "solved" the problem by placing bootanimation.zip. But really it didn't fix the original problem, but hide it.

EDIT:

also interesting that the animation worked until we added hardware acceleration libs - egl/lib*GL*qcom*.so

Edited by pier11

awesome man, thanks for your work!

I also "solved" the problem by placing bootanimation.zip. But really it didn't fix the original problem, but hide it.

EDIT:

also interesting that the animation worked until we added hardware acceleration libs - egl/lib*GL*qcom*.so

Might be that opengl enabled devices use hw acceleration to display boot animation and the boot animation that comes with msm7225 devices does not support that - missing alpha channel or whatever, I don't know. When we enabled opengl, we would require an updated boot animation...

On ideos x3 rom I'm still playing with from time to time, I managed to get opengl working. If I remove huawei boot animation there, I get the android-under-spotlight boot animation working fine. Likely because it is opengl compatible as ideos x3 would normally support ES 2.0

apart from that: opengl does not fix anything else like gallery on ideos rom, just neocore is happy...

Edited by dr.flo

On ideos x3 rom I'm still playing with from time to time, I managed to get opengl working. If I remove huawei boot animation there, I get the android-under-spotlight boot animation working fine. Likely because it is opengl compatible as ideos x3 would normally support ES 2.0

interesting. What did you do to make openGL work in X3?

interesting. What did you do to make openGL work in X3?

what we always do plus in addition replace gralloc.msm7k.so with the one from cm72

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

about manage applications in settings/applications:if you uninstall an application,after uninstalling the application ...it stay with loading circle running long time until black screen come.is that normal?

about manage applications in settings/applications:if you uninstall an application,after uninstalling the application ...it stay with loading circle running long time until black screen come.is that normal?

which application are you trying to uninstall?

I'd advice to play with version um840-20120218.zip or newer, as before some apps were in not in proper places.

Changelog

Guest desalesouche

which application are you trying to uninstall?

I'd advice to play with version um840-20120218.zip or newer, as before some apps were in not in proper places.

Changelog

i have the rom um840-20120220 i did uninstall street view/ google maps/twitter and facebook...each time the same thing occured.

i have the rom um840-20120220 i did uninstall street view/ google maps/twitter and facebook...each time the same thing occured.

I see, those all are "extra" apps I added from market. To match what was in original rom.

Try to remove them from um840-20120220.zip, then install that modified rom.

Then install the same apps from market. And after that try to uninstall them. To see if the same behavior occurs...

Now the main problem with incoming sms reboot =(

does that mean you solved your SetMacAddress problem?

it looks to me the issue is not with sms, but with audio notification of such. As android reboot also happens when alarm clock tries to wake sleeping device.

try to set notification sound to silent to see if it helps to incoming sms?..