[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

Guest pier11

Looks like I have to reinstall.

replace /system/wifi if feel setMacAddress broke it.

the app shouldn't be more damaging than that.

Guest Kareem Vampire

To: twrock , AntonioPT ,pier11 dr.flo and all the genius minds around here...please help !!! I need arabic in this rom my friends send me a lot of arabic sms and it takes a very long time to understand what they're saying.. I'm sick of using the cm7.2 it eats the battery and there's a lot of FCS.. and auto-rotation problem I wanna use this stock froyo rom

Guest twrock

To: twrock , AntonioPT ,pier11 dr.flo and all the genius minds around here...please help !!! I need arabic in this rom my friends send me a lot of arabic sms and it takes a very long time to understand what they're saying.. I'm sick of using the cm7.2 it eats the battery and there's a lot of FCS.. and auto-rotation problem I wanna use this stock froyo rom

No "genius mind" here. (The rest of those guys are way smarter than me though, so I will only speak for myself.) :lol:

Two things.

First, please have a look at that Arabic thread I keep pointing you to. I believe it is something you can work on as well. (Because I am not a genius, and it was possible for me to learn how to do that, so it can't be too hard.) ;)

Secondly, this rom still has some problems, that until resolved, will probably upset you as well. There is a problem with speaker volume (a show-stopper for me), the MAC address seems to still have trouble, and the keypad lights are not working right either. So I suggest you find a more "stable" rom and wait until a few more bugs are worked out here. Otherwise, you will probably just end up frustrated yet again.

You know TXG is a "relatively stable" rom that supports Arabic right now. How about that one temporarily until things become a little more stable with this one? By then, one of those geniuses might have the time to work on the Arabic problem.

Guest pier11

To: twrock, AntonioPT, pier11, dr.flo and all the genius minds around here... please help !!! I need arabic in this rom my friends send me a lot of arabic sms and it takes a very long time to understand what they're saying.. I'm sick of using the cm7.2 it eats the battery and there's a lot of FCS.. and auto-rotation problem I wanna use this stock froyo rom

Try to find this official roms. Maybe they have proper support... We might try to replace couple of libs after that.

U8150 V100R001C272B840 (Saudi Arabia Retail)

U8150 V100R001EGYC166B842SP01 (Egypt MEMO)

Info is from here for u8150:

http://wiki.modaco.c..._Firmware_U8150

or maybe this one for u8180:

U8180 V100R001C224B619 (Tunis Orange)

or this for U8500 (like um840), froyo 2.2.1:

U8500 V100R001C281B717 (Egypt Mobinil)

Edited by pier11

Guest twrock

One more thing. Looks like my keypad light problem was the opposite. Light came on and never went off. :huh:

BTW, on the MAC address thing. I was connected to Wifi when I tried to run SetMAC Address. the app showed the address had been changed, but then force closed and wouldn't run after that. Also, Wifi disconnected at that moment, and would not let me manually connect or disconnect without a crash/reboot. After reboot, nothing about Wifi worked.

One more thing. Looks like my keypad light problem was the opposite. Light came on and never went off. :huh:

BTW, on the MAC address thing. I was connected to Wifi when I tried to run SetMAC Address. the app showed the address had been changed, but then force closed and wouldn't run after that. Also, Wifi disconnected at that moment, and would not let me manually connect or disconnect without a crash/reboot. After reboot, nothing about Wifi worked.

That might be the problem. If you played with wifi while connected.

I never had the problem with wifi making the phone reboot or getting disconnected and doesn't connect. Everything works fine.

And about the lights not turning off, everybody is experiencing it. After changing brightness, the turn on and don't turn off until screen is off, right?

@pier11

Oh I tried that before posting, but still I can't find the drivers. On this laptop I'm stuck with Windows.

EDIT2: And now I know why it doesn't work for me. As I know, there should be autorun.iso in /data/cdrom/ but I don't have it. I'll install the drivers manually.

Edited by D-D-

Guest pacavaca

я перебирал модули для ядра 2.6.32.9-perf preempt mod_unload ARMv6. Then after a successful download from the insmod /sdcard/tun.ko check lsmod, see "tun" loaded, then go /system/xbin, create folder bb, then create silminks ln -s /system/xbin/busybox /system/xbin/bb/route, ln -s /system/xbin/busybox /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig and run openVpn installer

EDIT2: And now I know why it doesn't work for me. As I know, there should be autorun.iso in /data/cdrom/ but I don't have it. I'll install the drivers manually.

Nope, I was wrong. It still won't find my phone.

Oh well, until then I'll just use wifi tethering via third party apps.

Guest pier11

Nope, I was wrong. It still won't find my phone.

Oh well, until then I'll just use wifi tethering via third party apps.

does wifi tethering work with third-party apps? Which one worked for you on this rom?

people complained - no WPA2 with third-party apps, is it true?

I tested USB tethering with Linux laptop (Ubuntu). When I turned on USB tethering on phone, laptop automatically recognized new network connection and connect to it. I was able to surf my mobile provider web site from laptop via this connection (I unplugged/switched off other possible connections - laptop's wifi and wired ethernet).

Can't advise on Windows drivers unfortunately - do not use with phone.

does wifi tethering work with third-party apps? Which one worked for you on this rom?

people complained - no WPA2 with third-party apps, is it true?

I tested USB tethering with Linux laptop (Ubuntu). When I turned on USB tethering on phone, laptop automatically recognized new network connection and connect to it. I was able to surf my mobile provider web site from laptop via this connection (I unplugged/switched off other possible connections - laptop's wifi and wired ethernet).

Can't advise on Windows drivers unfortunately - do not use with phone.

Yeap no wpa2. BTW I used barnacle wifi teather (since is the one that worked for me in the past and works for me now) and didn't have any problems with wifi like before (since the new driver, it works even with screen off. I can confirm the same thing about myphoneexplorer). Even though there is no wpa2 security, only WEP, I don't use it, cause I can see which device is hooked on my phone via the app. If there is somebody stealing internet while I am on it (and I'm usually on the phone tether for 20minutes per sesion) I'll just turn it off or leave them be (since I have unlimited data for now).

And when I tried that with the usb thing it would just say that usb cable not connected.

EDIT: Now I feel dumb cause for no reason it started working. :/

Oh well, I guess I have magical pulse. :/

Edited by D-D-

Guest pier11

remote administration, SIP calls with encryption, etc. Openvpn threat of Chinese politics :)

interesting, but looks not like features for "stock" rom...

Guest pacavaca

ok, so do iptables, a module owner for droidwall. Although, in the firmware of the antoniopt I have worked and still droidwall, but dns queries out of the phone.

Set MAC address doesn't work for me.

It says that the setting is successful, but in the wifi settings, display the old MAC address.

Is there any progress with the high volume "bug"?

edit: I got 3 reboots today. The phone seems to reboot, but the screen shows the last screen before the boot. I can blindly type the pin code and the phone boots up. I can able to turn off the phone blindly, so the phone seems that reboot while the screen is unchanged. This is very strange. I never see this kind of behavior of any ROM I tried.

Is there anyone who experienced this too?

I restore my apps with ROM Toolbox from my previous CM 7.2 install. Maybe something doesn't like it?

(I have problems with the new CM 7.2 too. The wifi is stuck at turned on. I can't able to turn it off, but I can't connect to any network after the screen goes off. If I tried to turn off after boot and before the screen goes off, the phone reboots. It stuck when I have set the wifi sleep policy to never)

Edited by rhen

Is there a way to stop the headphones retarded behaviour? The phone thinks I'm playing the play/pause button when playing music or youtube video.

edit: so I fixed it with the app suggested in HERE.

Edited by D-D-