[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

true, IPv6 is not compiled into kernel due to boot partition size constraint. May be I will try later to compile it as a module and see if kernel still fits into boot partition...

um840-20120218.zip (download is on the first page)

- Updated apps to latest versions. This fixed that some apps did not show up.

- Added Pulse's sound profile.

- Added SetMacAddress to correct default mac address setting.

- Asian fonts are back to normal.

- HQ video playback is back but not smooth.

Edited by pier11

Guest radodendron

Several times during the incoming sms phone reboots

It does not work wifi tethering

If the vibration is turned on and the phone is in sleep mode, when an incoming SMS phone reboot

Sorry for the english, if something is wrong 

Edited by radodendron

Guest skykilla

for pier11 if it helps you if cm6.1 build.prop change the

following lines # ro.product.device=u8220->8230,

ro.product.board=u8220 ->8230 ,ro.product.model=U8220->8230 the

backlight keys stops working

Edited by skykilla

Guest desalesouche

@dr.flo

Many people complain that too much external speaker volume

hi..as i am little deaf .it is quite ideal....is there possibility to port that "too much on cm6 or cm72?

could be that it failed to find "lights.u8220.so" when you change that properties. We might want to try taking cm6 lights.u8220.so, rename to lights.default.so (or whatever the name of lights is in um840 rom) and put it into um840 rom. As it has compat kernel now, it should want a u8220 lights lib

@dr.flo

hi..as i am little deaf .it is quite ideal....is there possibility to port that "too much on cm6 or cm72?

I don't know. Try deleting AudioFilter.csv and AudioPreProcess.csv from cmX rom and see if it makes a difference.

Guest skykilla

Has checked up on cm7 too

doesn't work

As Ive noticed on this rom in running services there is way more free memory than in CM6 (even more used memory). :/

I've just installed cm6 (the newest build to test it) and saw the difference.

+ there is the problem I always faced with cm6 - massive usage of data storage.

With cache sd on both roms, I had 60MB free with froyo and 20MB free on cm6 (with lots of deleted system apps and tons installed in data).

I don't know. Try deleting AudioFilter.csv and AudioPreProcess.csv from cmX rom and see if it makes a difference.

I noticed too, speaker volume is quite loud. Play with Audio*.csv files did not affect results. I'd guess it's up to libaudio or so...

try to replace it from our cm6/7 or from u8150 or u8120 cm7 roms - I know people experimented with the lib a bit.

Guest desalesouche

i think it is working...thx... i think i will soon be completly deaf if too much headphones :lol:

edit:i have to check again pier11 make me doubt :mellow:

edit 2: changing nothing...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

good news i manage i think to port "smooth" in um840.....i add libstagefrighthw.so from cm6 clean in system/lib...it was not in um840 system/lib now video is smooth in youtube...and everywhere

if anyone can test and confirm? thx dr.flo for advice :)

Edited by desalesouche

woohoo, HQ works! thanks guys for the discovery.

looks like libstagefright has very modular and plugable architecture. I see more modules on Gingerbread and less on Eclair.

ICS for u8150 has tons of software video codecs as its modules.

EDIT:

um840-20120220.zip - updated rom available on the front page.

- HQ video smooth playback

Edited by pier11

with re to keypad lights,

1. if:

- replace build.prop from Ascend and

- use compat kernel (for cameras compat), but remove leds-related compat hack.

= keypad leds work,

but

= - no tethering options at all

= - no front camera switch

2. If in addition edit build.prop as:

- comment out ro.tether.denied=true

- add two entries related to front camera

= - USB tethering appear, but NO wifi-hotspot option

= - still no front camera.

EDIT:

3. Changed in addition to #2:

- ro.product.name=UM840

- ro.product.board=UM840

= Same as #2 (nothing changed)

4. If also clear as in um840 the following:

ro.config.hw_opta=

ro.config.hw_optb=

= WiFi hotspot appears

= led lights killed

= no front camera switch

EDIT2:

If switch back to um840 build.prop and change (a-la Ascend):

- ro.config.hw_opta=177

- ro.config.hw_optb=840

= keypad leds work,

= WiFi hotspot option got disabled.

= front camera switch present.

Note, I used modified compat kernel, where hack with regard to leds were removed.

Not sure if our wifi driver can support hotspot. If it can not, I'd happily apply the found change to disable the option and enable keypad leds instead. But if it can, I'd rather leave it as is now to not close this option for development.

Edited by pier11

If curious, this is how fingerprint composed (my conclusion):

ro.build.fingerprint=ro.product.brand/ro.product.name/ro.product.device/ro.product.board:ro.build.version.release/ro.build.id/ro.build.version.incremental:ro.build.type/ro.build.tags
Examples:
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/U8510/hwu8510:2.3.5/HuaweiU8510/C364B856:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/M860/msm7625/M860:2.2.2/FRG83G/M860C177B617:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/UM840/hwum840/UM840:2.2.2/HuaweiUM840/C32B766SP01:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/Ideos/msm7225/U8150:2.2.1/FRG83/eng.huawei.20110310.155405:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/opal/sapphire/sapphire:2.2.1/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=T-Mobile/U8110/U8110/U8110:2.1-update1/ERE27/20100403:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=T-Mobile/Pulse/Pulse/Pulse:2.1-update1/ERE27/20100701:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

Edited by pier11

It is possible to make corrections in the form of patches? In order not to set up all over again

add libstagefrighthw.so to the previous rom from Feb 18. You will get the latest rom.

Not sure if our wifi driver can support hotspot. If it can not, I'd happily apply the found change to disable the option and enable keypad leds instead. But if it can, I'd rather leave it as is now to not close this option for development.

Great overall progress!

I might be wrong, but it could be that ap mode is not supported. As far as I know, the dhd.ko family of wireless modules has seperate firmware for normal and AP mode. We don't. Either because our default firmware supports both modes (unlikely - shouldn't it work out of the box then?) or because ar6k has no ap mode.

Does zte blade support native wireless tether?

Also wasn't "Barnacle Wifi Tether" able to do wifi tethering on our pulse? It seems to use ad-hoc mode. Might be that only ad-hoc mode is possible with our chipset... And the native wifi tether wants real AP mode.

edit: ZTE blade seems to have native wireless tether e.g. screenies here maybe there are some related files in /wifi or /system/wifi that we can borrow...

maybe it would generally make sense to have a closer look at zte blade and how wifi integrates with kernel in their official froyo rom.

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

i notice 1/ that there is some apps that can be moved to sd and some other can not....what about that?

2/news and weather app can't give the weather...even after manually set.

3/ network and setting: searching networks give me : -error while searching for networks....

4/ from time to time phone reboot ... why???

Edited by desalesouche

Great overall progress!

I might be wrong, but it could be that ap mode is not supported. As far as I know, the dhd.ko family of wireless modules has seperate firmware for normal and AP mode. We don't. Either because our default firmware supports both modes (unlikely - shouldn't it work out of the box then?) or because ar6k has no ap mode.

Does zte blade support native wireless tether?

Also wasn't "Barnacle Wifi Tether" able to do wifi tethering on our pulse? It seems to use ad-hoc mode. Might be that only ad-hoc mode is possible with our chipset... And the native wifi tether wants real AP mode.

edit: ZTE blade seems to have native wireless tether e.g. screenies here maybe there are some related files in /wifi or /system/wifi that we can borrow...

maybe it would generally make sense to have a closer look at zte blade and how wifi integrates with kernel in their official froyo rom.

A guy was saying that Pulse can be a hotspot via some third party apps. The only limitations was WEP encryption, not WPA.

http://android.modac...-tethering-app/

wifi tether first appeared on froyo, AFAIK. So no wonder there were no such option in Eclair official rom.

Edited by pier11

Seems to be accessed by libutils.so only...

what does it do with it? Masks?

I'd want to enable both :) Leds + WiFi Hotspot.

Or is it some config id in some external xml...

Also it is not proprietary lib is it? But likely those properties are hacks from Huawei...

Edited by pier11