[Development][ROM] Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel

Guest pier11

:)

I hope that anything I wrote did at least contribute a bit to wifi stuff...

What's the trick that does it this time?

Now that we're moving towards a fully functional rom - I noticed that for some of the apks that were moved to data/app, logcat shows verification errors, while for others it doesn't. There might be two types of app - those that work from both data/app and system/app, and "hardcoded" system apps, that don't like to reside in /data/app

What's the trick that does it this time?

Steps to fix wifi were:

=ramdisk: removed most refs to wifi in init.rc (same as in cm6) to not interfere with init.qcom.rc

=replaced from cm6:

-/system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so

-/system/bin/wpa_supplicant

-/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Interesting in um840 rom:

a) Fps2D = 29 out of box (3.8 stdev)

b) it runs overclocked 614MHz out of box. How does it do it?..

EDIT:

ah, here it is in init.qcom.rc:

write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq 614400

Edited by pier11

GPS can be made somewhat working with libloc_api* from eclair (or cm6 which is the same). Then it has the same well known GPS icon bug. When using libloc_api* from cm6 source (no rom contains them by default, I could upload them if needed), GPS icon functions perfectly, but toggeling GPS off and back on reboots the phone. This is exactly the same behavior as on cm6. I already tried several libloc_api* of different roms, but none of them did the trick for me on cm6, I assue the same will be the case for um840...

Did you try the libs from msm7200a froyo devices, like HTC Magic and LG KH5200/GW620?

Do you know which chip is responsible for GPS? Is it msm7200a itself, or some other supporting one like AKM8973 ?

Edited by pier11

Guest lloco73

tested on U8230.

Both cameras are working ok

everything looks great but some problems detected:

On windows no adb (tried to find ideos driver but no luck)

if i hit power button phone goes to sleep and on wake it boots again like if i powered it.

tested on U8230.

Both cameras are working ok

everything looks great but some problems detected:

On windows no adb (tried to find ideos driver but no luck)

if i hit power button phone goes to sleep and on wake it boots again like if i powered it.

Thanks for testing.

Yes device's usb identity has changed again. This is to allow usb pid changes when usb modes are switched: normal, tethering, mass storage.

try if this work for you:

http://forum.xda-dev...071&postcount=4

Anyway Ideos is the right device to look for windows usb drivers to. Ideos's X3 should work in theory too.

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

hi tested on u8230 can²t take picture from hw button; so i replace kwerty.kl file like in cm6 clean topic...and picture hw button works.

but when screen is off

green call (will not wake the device)

trackball press (will not wake the device)

red endcall (will not wake device)

they all wake device if you press them...

about video player in rom...i tried with mp4 videos . audio and video run in same time but it is not very fluide....

what is the name of the player file in system? it is worth to replace it ?

nice rom...

try if this work for you:

http://forum.xda-dev...071&postcount=4

it works for me .

Edited by desalesouche

hi tested on u8230 can²t take picture from hw button;

Hardware camera button works for me on u8220... Half-press - refocus; Full press - shot.

Can anybody else confirm?

what is the name of the player file in system? it is worth to replace it ?

I'd guess video player is a part of android framework, not an application in apk package... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Guest lloco73

Hardware camera button works for me on u8220... Half-press - refocus; Full press - shot.

Can anybody else confirm?

I can confirm that button works some pics taken when camera tested.

For cm7.2 what files are needed to be changed for cameras work? allready tried Camera.apk but it crashes.

Did you try the libs from msm7200a froyo devices, like HTC Magic and LG KH5200/GW620?

Do you know which chip is responsible for GPS? Is it msm7200a itself, or some other supporting one like AKM8973 ?

Tried several including htc dream / magic without success yet.

I don't know where GPS resides.

openetna project once had a gps driver somewhat compatible with our device. later on they switched to totally different driver (libgps, other files, no more libloc_api). The newer driver doesn't work for us. The older - more generic - driver is basically identical to the cm6-source one (i.e. working but causing reboots). I've found a thread where people discussed some patches for the old driver. I will try integrating these and build a patched version of "old" driver. Maybe that one will work for us without reboots and with properly behaving gps icon. This would be the fix both for cm6 and for this rom...

...I've found a thread where people discussed some patches for the old driver. I will try integrating these and build a patched version of "old" driver. Maybe that one will work for us without reboots and with properly behaving gps icon. This would be the fix both for cm6 and for this rom...

that would be cool

never though that we lose gps that easily when switching roms :)

Guest desalesouche

@ pier11 was wrong about camera hw button .it is working ...

but when screen is off if you press

green call wake the device

trackball wake the device

red endcall wake device.

is there something to do to make them not wake the device?

and about to make video more fluide any idea?

green call wake the device

trackball wake the device

red endcall wake device.

what exactly is the contents of your qwerty.kl, and if you have modified it, to what location on the phone did you copy it?

Guest desalesouche

what exactly is the contents of your qwerty.kl, and if you have modified it, to what location on the phone did you copy it?

here is the link about qwerty.kl from rom-cm6-clean-for-development-testing/ qwerty.kl.zip (650bytes)

and i replace it there system/usr/keylayout/

but it was unesufull because in both case( replaced or not) it is having the same behaviour...

Edited by desalesouche

that would be cool

never though that we lose gps that easily when switching roms :)

Try this freshly compiled libloc_api.so, origin: https://github.com/O...rdware_qcom_gps instead of corresponding cyanogenmod repository

Seems to be working for me with cm6. Should work with um840 rom also.

None of our ported roms had gps working up to now. I always looked at that, hoping I could borrow something to fix gps icon bug. Maybe this openetna version does the trick...

If it doesn't, we still have the option to use eclair lib and live with gps icon staying on. better than no gps at all.

Edited by dr.flo

Try this freshly compiled libloc_api.so, origin: https://github.com/O...rdware_qcom_gps instead of corresponding cyanogenmod repository

Seems to be working for me with cm6. Should work with um840 rom also.

None of our ported roms had gps working up to now. I always looked at that, hoping I could borrow something to fix gps icon bug. Maybe this openetna version does the trick...

If it doesn't, we still have the option to use eclair lib and live with gps icon staying on. better than no gps at all.

awesome,

will test later today when back home.

are you saying it solved that annoying gps-icon bug?

yes i can...

and the rom was um840-20120213.zip right?

Because I can't play videos in neither form - nor youtube, nor my previous recordings from camera.

@dr.flo, what's your experience with youtube with that rom?

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

and the rom was um840-20120213.zip right?

Because I can't play videos in neither form - nor youtube, nor my previous recordings from camera.

yes it was on um840-20120213.zip ...can play on HQ but not very fluide. ......without HQ (only sound and black screen)

about reboot it is my third one i don²t know why...

Edited by desalesouche

are you saying it solved that annoying gps-icon bug?

I cannot tell for sure. I have two pulses (got a broken one from ebay recently, somehow repaired it). This one currently runs um840 rom, but it doesn't get gps fixes. It also doesn't get gps fixes with cm6, so I suspect my phone to be broken. My other pulse is running cm6-clean (version with previous icon-bug workaround in framework). There, gps icon goes away of course, but might be because of my workaround.

Still I expect gps icon to work properly because it always worked properly when using gps driver compiled from source. gps icon bug is a result of not 100% compatibility of eclair libloc_api with froyo.

From my tests with cm6 I can tell that the new libloc_api works (i.e. gets gps fixes) and that it did not yet reboot the phone. So there's hope. But before calling it a fix, I would like other people to confirm...

none - never tried. There's no youtube app showing for me, although I know it is in your zip file in data/app.

Does it show up for you?

My 2nd pulse - see post above - is somewhat strange. first cdrom mode with auto-pid, then no gps fixes (but gets fixes with eclair rom!), then: no logcat with kernel .29, other adb working fine. Logcat works with kernel .32...

...I have two pulses (got a broken one from ebay recently, somehow repaired it). ...

likely it is only me who have reflashed own "production" phone about 300 times and counting :)

Edited by pier11

no, youtube is hiding for me too, as well as other buddies - gmail, documents2go, and others. Looks like only Maps was comfortable in /data/app.

but that should not prevent you installing youtube from Market. Market app is there and available. Wifi/Mobile data is available as well from this weekend.