[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest tillaz

It should work if you resign the 4 .apks

Upload the

applicationsProvider.apk

Userdictionary.apk

From skaite for me and I will make a package for you with the 4 working apk's

Guest tillaz

if the attachment dose not work try removing the signatures from the rom, i personally never sign roms to avoid stuff like this

to remove, open your ROM .zip and go to META-INF and delete

MANIFEST.MF

CERT.SF

CERT.RSA

AOSP.zip

Edited by tillaz

Guest MrDetonator

The green line at the top is battery indicator. You can turn it off in skatie settings

Oh, thanks. Now I know how to remove it.

Guest tillaz

So contactsprovider should also be cm7 one since you asked for userdictionary and appprovider only?

No, I forgot to ask for that, but since both roms are based on stock I just took it from the stock rom

I have on my PC

Only contacts.apk should be from cm7, but all need resigned (don't remove signatures just decompile, recompile, sign) make sure you say its a system app.

Edit: I use apk manager

Edited by tillaz

Are wifi and camera working in this ROM?? what are the chances to screw up my phone??

Everything is working fine including wifi and camera.

There is always something to get screwed when you least expect it.

Just like when you may get hit by car anytime you're crossing the street :) (sorry for odd comparison)

But basically, Skate is unbrickable. There is always some way to bring it back to life.

Go for Option 2) if you want to maintain your original stock partition layout (with 160MB for userdata).

Or use Option 1) if you want to repartition and have 250MB for userdata.

Guest H3ROS

Is the next update going to include the enhanced CPU management that Atomic mentions? I think Skatie already has the memory management, no?

As tillaz is no longer working on Atomic, and with his permission, could you offer his ICS (ish) theme as an option for Skatie? I did try to switch some of the files around myself, and it worked to a point but would reboot whenever I entered the settings menu or pressed the power button. I just love that black and blue theme, but Skatie itself seems to have a lot of pro's with it's kernel and the music enhancements (next/previous track).

If I'm right the only files that need to be switched are SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk and any extras like framework.jar or android.policy.jar? My guess is they would need to be modified to fit in with Skaties settings though.

And if you don't want to give a theme option then how about adding the tmobile theme engine? I know I could just use CM7, but when compared to a stock ROM CM7's battery life has been awful for me when WiFi is activated.

Edited by H3ROS

Well this certainly would be another large project. Transfering atomic theme to use it as option would be quite demanding.

But maybe it would be more effective if tillaz delegates his atomicmod to someone who can continue to work on it.

I can imagine that. Just to find a dev who will be willing to and of course ask for permission from tillaz.

By the way, have you tried my port of Swedish Snow RLS4b?. It has everything that Skatie has + definitely more features. KostaT just released

RLS6 and I am about to port it. I will get to it maybe this weekend.

Edited by C3C0

Guest H3ROS

I was about to try it and then I notice there was an update which seemed a bit buggy from the comments it got, but now I see he's released a new version. I like the sound of most of it apart from the CM7 WiFi driver as I think that's what hammers the battery on my OMC. I've read a few posts on other websites that say CM7 has poor WiFi support too :unsure:

I would port the Atomic theme as long as it can be done via the XML files and some image replacements. As I said I got partially there, but somethings clearly not right because it reboots when you access some areas. I can only guess that I replaced some of the key files Skatie uses or something. It's a shame though because I like the tweaks in these other ROM's but I don't like how bulky the buttons are, plus the green and orange colours I'm not a fan of.

@ tillaz

Any tips as to how I can port the theme over? e.g. what files I should avoid and what APK/JAR files I need to modify?

Edited by H3ROS

Well my S2 kernel uses the same kernel source as my port of Swedish Snow. Basically kernel used in Swedish Snow port is exactly the same

as S2 used in Skatie.

And I think it has no problem with battery drain - this implies that battery life should be comparable in swedish snow.

It is stated that wifi is undervolted in this kernel source but I did not investigate at what level undervolting takes place and if it is really

effective when recompiled for Skate. But may be because some slovak users reported poorer wifi signal strength with S2 which I think may be related to undervolting.

Son basically - with swedish snow you will get pretty same results as skatie regarding battery life.

Guest H3ROS

I'll give it a try once you post it this weekend then. In the mean time I'm going to look into extracting the Atomic theme so that it can be applied into pretty much any of the stock ROM's. It's just a personal preference and one of the reasons I've stuck with Atomic for so long. I may eventually use tilal's ICS ROM when it has a fully working camera and maybe a smoother YouTube experience.

Guest tillaz

I'll give it a try once you post it this weekend then. In the mean time I'm going to look into extracting the Atomic theme so that it can be applied into pretty much any of the stock ROM's. It's just a personal preference and one of the reasons I've stuck with Atomic for so long. I may eventually use tilal's ICS ROM when it has a fully working camera and maybe a smoother YouTube experience.

have you not tried flashing the themes i made... should work on any 2.3.5 skate rom

http://android.modaco.com/topic/350374-themes-ics-themes-red-green-pink-yellow-blue-updated-for-v4/page__hl__themes

Edited by tillaz

No, I forgot to ask for that, but since both roms are based on stock I just took it from the stock rom

I have on my PC

Only contacts.apk should be from cm7, but all need resigned (don't remove signatures just decompile, recompile, sign) make sure you say its a system app.

Edit: I use apk manager

Got back to this. and found out that the problem was that this change requires full wipe. So even if my resigned apks were OK they wouldn't work until full wipe had been done.

I was thinking that cache + dalvik cache will be sufficient, but I was wrong...

Guest H3ROS

@ tillaz

I've not, but I will give it a try. Thanks :)

@ C3C0

That's odd, because I simply flashed the zip just like I do with any updates and it applied the files and they worked :unsure:

EDIT: I just restored my backup and now it has GAPPS errors. Theres no phone or contacts, but messaging is still working.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Well, if it requires wipes then heres one idea. Offer two versions of 1.1, one with ZTE stuff and one with CM7. Doing it that way nobody will have to do the wipes and it should work fine with all of the updates.

@ tillaz

The theme applies, but if you hold down the power button it will reboot. Also it looks to be built off the older Atomic theme but I was able to update that myself by taking files from R10.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Well, if it requires wipes then heres one idea. Offer two versions of 1.1, one with ZTE stuff and one with CM7. Doing it that way nobody will have to do the wipes and it should work fine with all of the updates.

@ tillaz

The theme applies, but if you hold down the power button it will reboot. Also it looks to be built off the older Atomic theme but I was able to update that myself by taking files from R10.

You could ether use atomics android.policy or change the public id's in framwork-res to match in skaties globalactions.smali

Reboot

Recovery

Screenshot

Need changed

Edited by tillaz

C3CO,

I have transferred to this rom a few days back and generally it's good all round. However, I have experienced an issue with the wifi. Paricularly when using Android market, there seems to be some kind of serious lag and the connection times out. This only happens on the S1 and S2 kernel. There is no lag or connection timing out issue on the Elitemovil kernel. However, if using the Elitemovil kernel, I experience a faster then usual battery drain, circa 20% per hour. Before trying each kernel I did wipe the cache.

Hmm. I am not experiencing such a problem myself. Anyone else? Maybe it's related to MarketUpdater.apk I removed

when introducing Google Play. I put it back now so it is possible to get it back by generating new update via kitchen.

The one and only problem I came accross so far was the latest version of Youtube (2.4.4) It stopped playing videos

after some time and I don't know why. After replacing it with previous 2.3.4 it works fine. It will be replaced automatically together

with MarketUpdater after generating and flashing new update.