[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

You telepath :D I am just thinking about how to get dolby incorporated into skatie.

By the way. We already have logic mod. I am not really sure if it is worth it to have another 2.3.4 clone...

Edited by C3C0

Guest xiaoyaoswim

You telepath :D I am just thinking about how to get dolby incorporated into skatie.

By the way. We already have logic mod. I am not really sure if it is worth it to have another 2.3.4 clone...

I think logic mod is based on OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05, while the latest Orange stock is OUK_P743TV1.0.0B18 - although no idea what have been updated. And personally I prefer lite mod to heavy mod.

Guest MrDetonator

Flash video works here but on my phone it's about 3-4 FPS.

Is there any way to improve it? In stock ROM it works different way: when you click on Flash video on the web-site, it opens in the separate window in full screen and video speed was good. Is it possible to view Flash same way here or it's possible only inside the page?

LOOKS LIKE I GOT DOLBY MOBILE INTEGRATED INTO SKATIE ROM!!!

Well... I am still struggling with menu option in Settings - it doesn't switch ON/OFF - looks like Dolby is always turned on.

Sound is just amazing! Real difference on headphones. And louder than before.

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Well... I am still struggling with menu option in Settings - it doesn't switch ON/OFF - looks like Dolby is always turned on.

wow. That would be an amazing breakthrough.

Guest MrDetonator

If before it wasn't so good, then it was off initially. And I think for many people it sounds good that it's louder.

I will continue on this tomorrow. If I don't find a way how to make Dolby checkbox in settings work I will release the initial update and the look into it later or maybe let other devs help me.

Guest timfimjim

great news!! Can't wait to try it.

Looking at the screenshots on page1, you get a CPU Float point of 26 in the stock vs tweaked. I'm on your port of Swedish Snow at the moment and I get 231 for CPU Float point.

Is this down to the kernel?

Guest timfimjim

I will continue on this tomorrow. If I don't find a way how to make Dolby checkbox in settings work I will release the initial update and the look into it later or maybe let other devs help me.

Or possibly could you release it as a patch (and have another patch to disable it)?

Guest MrDetonator

great news!! Can't wait to try it.

Looking at the screenshots on page1, you get a CPU Float point of 26 in the stock vs tweaked. I'm on your port of Swedish Snow at the moment and I get 231 for CPU Float point.

Is this down to the kernel?

It was solved recently:

http://android.modac...e/page__st__200

Low CPU float-point score in AnTuTu can be "fixed" by using libm.so from CM7. It's something that's broken in all ZTE stock ROMs.

It's just something how the benchmarks handles the score, it makes absolutely no difference in real use.

Edit. LOL was beaten by 3 minutes. :D

Screenshot: http://android.modac...ost__p__1914071

Guest MrDetonator

My plan is to have enable/disable in the kitchen.

Yes, he means like checkbox in the kitchen: enable or disable, to enable/disable it you have to download another patch.

Guest JThumar

You can check with tillaz.......he had dolby on/off enabled in settings in LogicMod ROM........if this is that same dolby feature !!

wow. That would be an amazing breakthrough.

Edited by JThumar

Dolby Mobile now available in the Kitchen.

Still experimental beta version without possibility to switch ON/OFF via Settings / Sound. Menu item is there but checked and disabled.

Needs more testing to unleash any potential side effects.

Kitchen Options for Dolby Mobile are as follows:

- (No action) - this will not touch any dolby mobile files (e.g. you already have it and want to leave it as is)

- Enable - enables Dolby mobile

- Disable - disables Dolby Mobile

When using RTL support don't forget to check it to correctly enable Dolby in RTL version of framework.

Guest Anthony1989
Anybody having Orange UK carrier willing to help me testing Signal Boost (UMA) ?

Send me PM.

If you don't have anybody I would be willing to help later today when I'm home.

Fine. My carrier does not support this. But looks very good in logcat. I suppose this will work at first attempt.

If this works I will later publish the generic guide - this can be easily ported to other ROMs.

Edited by C3C0