[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

You can add them yourself via kitchen (and others, too). That's why I made a function of adding ow.n apks into system partition :-)

Of course, adding apps by user is great :-)

Just because it's important programs - one for increasing volume and one to replace stock notepad so maybe in future they will be useful.

And what about widlget, did you create it yourself?

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest oehmchen

Of course, adding apps by user is great :-)

Just because it's important programs - one for increasing volume and one to replace stock notepad so maybe in future they will be useful.

And what about widlget, did you create it yourself?

Dear Ceco, that´s a nice option, but doesn´t work. Used the function with Your update kitchen, chose the apk within folder of my Computer,, the update-creation finished. But at the end the chose apk-files are not in the crated update-zip. (Used Fireox on Windows 7 64 bit.) Could ou fix this bug, please?

Thanks for Your hard work. This Rom, including updates, seems to be the most stable and usable custom Rom for the Skate.

After you choose apk from folder you must press "add apk to list" and wait untill it is uploaded. May take a while depending on size. It will then appear in the list below the button. Only after that you can continue with generating final update Zip. Did you use it like this?

Guest tillaz

Because it looks like bug.

Thin line on the top is hardly visible and reminds screen error.

Did you create this widget yourself?

you can increase the width and change the colour of the line in the settings

Dear Ceco, that´s a nice option, but doesn´t work. Used the function with Your update kitchen, chose the apk within folder of my Computer,, the update-creation finished. But at the end the chose apk-files are not in the crated update-zip. (Used Fireox on Windows 7 64 bit.) Could ou fix this bug, please?

Thanks for Your hard work. This Rom, including updates, seems to be the most stable and usable custom Rom for the Skate.

OK. I found really stupid bug. Should be fixed now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Guest mare82

i try it :) not bad rom :) for me look like stock gingerbread 2.3.5

but i prefered LogicMod :) :)

rtc. my skate not work TPT, dunno why....

bb

Edited by mare82

Guest Julian Xen

SKatie version 2.0 now available. See the second post for more details...

STill without USB Host support - I had some serious battery drain with this. I could not make msm_otg to release kernel wake locks and battery

drain was like 5% in one hour with wifi turned off and in airplane mode!!!

Hi there

you wrote you managed to get usb host mode going, could you make the kernel available (with battery issues). Do you know why S. K. used kernel modules when he enabled host mode on the blade (http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/), and would it be an option to get around the the problems (via reboot or so)?

Thanks

Well... Things don't look that easy as I thought. I managed to compile the kernel with USB Host support activated but didn't get to test it yet.

First I didn't have the correct cable. Then after I got the cable I didn't have correct USB hub to supply external power and also no Y cable...

I also found out that S.K. is using modified OTG kernel driver which when I tried to use I wasn't able to compile probably due to the fact that it was

provided for different kernel version... So for now I was forced to use the original MSM OTG kernel driver

But... If you feel like experimenting, here is my last version of kernel with USB Host compiled in (with original, unmodified MSM OTG kernel driver) to test.

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/skatie/update-usb-boot.zip

Please, let me know the results if you decide to give it a try. Thanks.

Oh... And I forgot about one important thing. Everything you do you do at your own risk.

Attention should be made when connecting cables.

E.G. here is the video showing how Blade was killed by connecting cables incorrectly.

Dolby Mobile now fully integrated :)

With a great help from H3ROS we managed to make the dolby switch work in Settings.

This still needs some deeper testing, though. New release will be available as soon as I test it for couple of days.

Version 2.3 of SKatie now available.

This is a small update containing full integration of Dolby Mobile.

Use Kitchen to upgrade. Don't forget to set current version dropdown to the one you are currently running.

More info in second post.

Users with RTL support enabled

Please, provide me with feedback if Dolby and RTL works as it supposes to

Edited by C3C0

Guest MrDetonator

in Kitchen it's said:

Applications you add yourself cannot be later removed via Kitchen. You must remove them manually

(e.g. by using some root uninstaller app)

Also be aware that some apks don't work when installed in system partition

So what is max size of 1 app? 1 app - 5Mb and then what is total size of all optional apps?

How to remove if someone installs optional apps via Kitchen, only by root uninstaller? Also, Can you suggest some good root uninstaller app?

Size of each app to be uploaded is limited to 5MB. But there is no restriction on total size (sum of all uploaded apks)

This is for advanced users that can determine free space themsleves (e.g. by using df command in terminal emulator).

I don't use special app for root uninstalling. Link2SD just does the job perfectly - aside from linking apps to SD it is also capable of managing apps including

uninstalling of system apps. Or you can search market. There are lots of root uninstallers available.

Guest MrDetonator

Size of each app to be uploaded is limited to 5MB. But there is no restriction on total size (sum of all uploaded apks)

This is for advanced users that can determine free space themsleves (e.g. by using df command in terminal emulator).

I don't use special app for root uninstalling. Link2SD just does the job perfectly - aside from linking apps to SD it is also capable of managing apps including

uninstalling of system apps. Or you can search market. There are lots of root uninstallers available.

So if I add optional app from Kitchen, I can completely uninstall it by Link2SD?

Guest MrDetonator

Exactly. In link2sd you can set filter to show stystem apps only, locate the app, click it and choose uninstall in action menu.

Nice feature, just tried it.

Fixed Gallery3D FCing when playing videos.

Gallery 3D was missing necessary functionality to reflect dolby integration.

Now dolby switch is also available in stock video player.

Update via kitchen.

Those who already upgraded to 2.3 need to set CURRENT VERSION to 2.2 otherwise

the generated update will not contain this latest fix.

Guest alexander25

When ever I try and connect to the internet it doesn't work it says data connection error can someone tell me how to fix it thank you.

More details, please. Wifi or mobile data? What is the exact message? Do you have correct APN set in settings / wireless / mobile / access point names?

Guest alexander25

i fixed the problem. the access point seemed to have discarded so i had to copy down all the informtion to create a new access point name.

oh and i was wondering whats the best kernel to use for overclocking?

Go for the latest one - S2. Seems to be the best one regarding stability and battery life. Regarding overclocking they are all pretty much the same.