[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest radiodaze

Hi C3C0

Thanks for your reply...yes, of couse it's possible that it's non compatible (arm 7?) but I'm sure this is not the case. I'm reading many people have this issue with 'ROM's'

Here's a clue or two...

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/451183-natwest-banking-app-incompatible-miui.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18147141&postcount=53120

And the Andorko FM radio app worked great to reroute the audio....I seem to remember this from the days when I owed a blade but had forgotten about it / didn't realise it worked fro the Skate. It's a painless fix.

I love Skatie so I will stay with it...I can live without the banking app but ut would be cool to have it sometime in the future. The strange thing is other banking apps work!

Best

R

Guest C3C0

Have you tried any of those build.prop tweaks? What is the name of that banking app? Is it one they're talking about in one of those links you posted?

The first and easy attempt would be to try changing manufacturer to HTC using the kitchen. The next one would be that I'll try to download and get it working on my device.

Guest radiodaze

C3C0

I have 2.4 so I can overwrite it with the same build yes? I'd like not to do that because I have many apps running in the system partition...and I've also updated Market, GMail and Google Search etc. and integrated them into the system partition (via Link2SD)...I'm sure it would mess things up.

I don't know what a build prop is so I don't want to mess with it! And yes, the app is NatWest mobile banking app. Completely invisible to me in Google Play. The only thing I cannot determine is if it is for Arm 6 or Arm 7.

Best

R

Edited by radiodaze

Guest C3C0

Ok. So better not to try update because it would probably overwrite your updated apps. If you want to play with build props it's a file: /system/build.prop

You can use some file explorer with root capabilities to edit it. (e.g ES file explorer has a setting to turn on root mode and mount system as readwrite).

I tried to play with it myself but was not able to download natwest because it's not allowed for my country. I suppose google play simply checks for my IP address and blocks the install. No matter what I set in build props.

Guest C3C0

I changed fingerprint to simulate android code GRI40 which is android 2.3.3. Changed manufacturer. But all these tweaks were useless in my case because for me the incorrect country was the reason why it couldn't be installed.

Guest C3C0

Thanks for hint tilal. After faking the operator code I can see some banking apps that I couldn't see previously but natwest is not in the list. Tried O2 and Orange UK with the same results.

Guest radiodaze

Guys, I'll call them. I tried to do this before but they didn't have a clue. Thanks for your help too tilal.

I'll let you know...

R

Guest ukgnome

Had the same issue as soon as I started using Skatie, although truthfully I can't remember if I had the issue when I was running stock.

Natwest hadn't a clue what I was on about, even after I simplified it to moron standards. The webapp for natwest works fine though so no worries.

Guest derekh37

flashed this rom looks good except when i make a call the phone switches off and i have to pull battery to restart any ideas?

Guest ukgnome

Just to let you know, I have now abandoned Skatie and upgraded to ICS coldfusion. Huge thanks go to C3C0 for developing Skatie, and the use of his kitchen.

As for the Natwest app on Skatie, I am unsure why it doesn't work but I can confirm that it works are required on ICS

Guest csuzlee

Hi guys,

I just installed today this rom and updated too and everything works really fine, except I cannot set a mp3 for my ringtone or notification sound... By any other sotfware works it fine (Handcent sms, IMO messenger, etc.). I tried with Ringextended and Handcent sms has also a native ringtone chooser.

Any idea??

Thanks!

1) WHile playing song in music app, press menu button there's an option to set it as a ringtone

or

2) put your mp3s inside /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones

or

/sdcard/media/audio/notifications respectively

They will appear within Settings/ Sound / Ringtone (Notification sound respectively)

Guest csuzlee

Hi guys,

I just installed today this rom and updated too and everything works really fine, except I cannot set a mp3 for my ringtone or notification sound... By any other sotfware works it fine (Handcent sms, IMO messenger, etc.). I tried with Ringextended and Handcent sms has also a native ringtone chooser.

Any idea??

Thanks!

Thank you C3CO, it is working now!! Great job!! :D

Guest Antonio_Calvo

Good morning.

After a disastrous rooting, i have used the tpt file for Skatie rom + the update 2.4 with very good results except in two areas:

1) Battery life is very low (i don't have touched the options yet)).

2) videoplayback on youtube or other streaming apps don't work (in movie and youtube app apears the ring and keeps there...) on ES player the screen goes blank.

¿Any clue? Thanks

Guest NorthernNoel

It seems the proximity data issue has come back to haunt me. I've gone into the service menu and calibrated it but the screen is remaining on, so keep hanging up on calls. Previously I got it to work on ice armor by manually editing the values using root explorer. There was a file called prox_data.txt in data/misc. On Skatie this file doesn't exist. Does it create another file somewhere that I can edit?