[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Thanks for the tips.

Regarding A2SD - just looked at darktremor's thread at xda and found out that there is beta version planned to be released at the end of january. I think it would be probably good to wait for it. Another thing is that my plan is to make this as an optional component - so users have freedom to choose between this and link2sd. The main reason is that A2SD (as far as I know) redirects /data partition to SD - this means there is no possibility to have some apps in real internal (like some important ones). But everything on SD... I personally don't like this idea.

Minor update to version 1.3 available. Check out the second post for more info.

Use Update Kitchen to upgrade to the latest version.

Support for A2SD will be available as a separate addon. Don't ask for ETA since my Skate is going for a repair (back-speaker dead).

Ceco.

Edited by C3C0

Are the FM radio, music player, Adobe flash and CRT off animation still planned? I, for one, am still waiting on these things :D

You're doing a great job with the current kitchen updates by the way. Impressive work.

Edited by H3ROS

Yes. All depends on how long it'll take to get my Skate fixed. In the meanwhile, it would be good to collect info on what would people prefer for FM Radio, MusicPlayer - to have quite a good number of choices in update kitchen for everyone :)

* FM Radio by MIUI (Modified for the ZTE blade by andorko)

* Music player = I've no idea. I install PlayerPro with DSPPack, but it's £2.49 to buy

This would normally use DSP Manager which has separate profiles for headsets, right? If yes then when flashing the replacement Equalizer maybe you should include Headset Profiler? To quote myself from the Atomic thread:

Thought I'd share this find since Atomic doesn't have a separate audio profile for headsets. Basically with it installed you can have your audio automatically adjusted to 100% or whatever you set it as when you plug in headphones and then go back to default when they're unplugged, so there's less chance of you damaging the phones speaker.

Without it I know that at some point I'm bound to leave my volume at 100% on some dubstep song and have it destroy the phones speaker :mellow:

Flash Player option added to the Update Kitchen.

Uninstall Flash player before flashing update. Otherwise you will end up with two versions

of Flash player - one in user data partition and another one in system partition...

Guest radiodaze

Hi Ceco

I've updated from 1.1 to 1.3 from the kitchen. Previously I had installed Flash 10.2.157.3.40 and this worked perfectly. I uninstalled this and applied the kitchen update as you have suggested..

Two things I have noted.

1 The phone stays on the Skatie logo longer before continuing to boot but, regardless, the ROM seems to work perfectly.

2. Flash does not work.. I now have a Flash settings in the menu (I didn't before). When I select this it opens the browser and points to the https://settings/adobe/mobile page but all I see is a black screen. If I select any Flash site I can determine it's definately not working.

Any thoughts on this?

Best

R

Flash Player option added to the Update Kitchen.

Uninstall Flash player before flashing update. Otherwise you will end up with two versions

of Flash player - one in user data partition and another one in system partition...

2. Flash does not work.. I now have a Flash settings in the menu (I didn't before). When I select this it opens the browser and points to the https://settings/adobe/mobile page but all I see is a black screen. If I select any Flash site I can determine it's definately not working.

Any thoughts on this?

i had this problem on my lg optimus 2x even though it supports flash natively... i updated from the market & got the new flash settings in the app drawer but no videos would play, and saying the same as you describe...

just revert to your old version of flash and it should work

I confirm I could reproduce the problem with Adobe Flash... Maybe I mixed up the apk's... I disabled the feature for the moment...

Regarding longer boot logo - this is a side effect of auto-zipalign. At boot it checks the MD5 of apks to find out if there are any that were not yet auto-zipaligned and this takes some time... The more user apks user has the longer it will take...

Guest radiodaze

Thanks to both Tillaz and Ceco

Glad you could both see it. And thanks for the explanation. It's no problem, it just sits there longer on each boot.

Ceco, should I apply an update from the kitchen again (minus Flash) to remove Flash from my phone...and then install the old Flash apk...or wait for an update from the kitchen?

I don't want to install Flash on top of an existing install in case I break something (and I see it can't be removed)!

Thanks

R

I confirm I could reproduce the problem with Adobe Flash... Maybe I mixed up the apk's... I disabled the feature for the moment...

Regarding longer boot logo - this is a side effect of auto-zipalign. At boot it checks the MD5 of apks to find out if there are any that were not yet auto-zipaligned and this takes some time... The more user apks user has the longer it will take...

Just generate and apply new update. Flash Player will be removed from system. Do not forget to set your version to 1.3, as you already have it. And also choose and check all features you want to maintain as is.

Guest radiodaze

Thanks so much!

R

... and sorry. Not enough time to sort out the Flash right now. I completely have to revert to stock before I give away my Skate for repair tomorrow...

Guest radiodaze

Ceco

I thought you'd be interested to know that after the non working of v11 Flash, I applied update (minus Flash) and decided to 'upgrade' from my previous install of v10.2 to 10.3 ,,, and I had the same problem, it did not work at all.

I uninstalled 10.3 and 'downgraded' to 10.2 and it worked perfectly (as before) with the stock browser. The ROM is working 100% no issues at all.

I suppose it would be useful to test to see if version 11 works but I'll guess it probably doesn't..

I hope this info is helpful to you and I hope you get your phone back soon.!

Thanks for your help

R

... and sorry. Not enough time to sort out the Flash right now. I completely have to revert to stock before I give away my Skate for repair tomorrow...

Edited by radiodaze

Yep. I did the same thing. Uninstalled 11 from system and imstalled normally as user app. Not working. It did before, though. Seems like "they must have changed something in the matrix" :lol: or it has something to do with the 1.3 changes??

OK. Just to let you know that my Skate is off for repair right now and will have it back in two weeks (in more optimistic case). For know... I have found a dusty small box far back in the closet at home and there was something cool in it: http://www.gsmarena....a_3510i-344.php :lol: Using it right now but somehow cannot get used to small screen. And ADB is not working this means no fun with ROM at all :lol:

Yeah... And it boots freaking fast!!!

Edited by C3C0

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robneymcplum

its called CRT off animation

and can be enabled very easy

decompile framework-res.apk and go to

res / values / bools.xml

Change this

<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
to this
<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>

then compile

Sorry to sound like a right numpty.... How on earth do I do this? With atomic I could open the zip and remove and add stuff but as this is a bin I realise I can't, fair enough. But how would I then do these steps above?

Thanks.

Simply pull your framework-res.apk from phone using adb, or some other way e.g. using ES File Explorer to copy it to your SD and then from SD to PC. This is the easiest part. The harder one ias to decompile, modify and recompile.

If you wait for my phone to be returned from repair this will be the first thing I do - screen off animation. Also more new things to come I suppose.

Is it possible to remove the ZTE contacts and dialer and use CM7's like Atomic? I have tried the CM7 Mms.apk and that does work, but replacing other stuff causes errors like com.android.inputmethod.latin :mellow: It would be a great option for the kitchen.

Guest robneymcplum

Simply pull your framework-res.apk from phone using adb, or some other way e.g. using ES File Explorer to copy it to your SD and then from SD to PC. This is the easiest part. The harder one ias to decompile, modify and recompile.

Thankyou, I shall have a fiddle around now.

Is it possible to remove the ZTE contacts and dialer and use CM7's like Atomic? I have tried the CM7 Mms.apk and that does work, but replacing other stuff causes errors like com.android.inputmethod.latin :mellow: It would be a great option for the kitchen.

Will try to make it optional via Kitchen. Must investigate a bit and need a device of course. I hope I will have it back till the end of this week. Today it's more than two weeks without it! Making me really angry. In Slovakia they have max. of 30 days to handle warranty repair so they still have enough time :(

ApplicationsProvider.apk

Contacts.apk <----------------------- this only should be from CM7

ContactsProvider.apk

UserDictionaryProvider.apk

to use CM7 contacts.apk all the above apk's need to be signed the same.

just run all those through apk manager, decompile. recompile , sign apk

then add them back to your rom after renaming them back to normal

EDIT: CM7 contacts.apk is also the dialler

Edited by tillaz