[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

TPT your phone to GEN3 with either the Comviq or the Malaysian TPT

then try installing any custom kernel

it will fail to boot

I really can't understand what you mean. What are you trying to do with these TPTs?

I've changed 21 files to convert gen3 ROM into gen2. I md5 matched those 21 gen3 files between moldovan and swedish updates. Only three have changed: libcm.so, libril-qc-1.so and libril-qcril-hook-oem.so. Comviq ROM possibly just has some operator specific RILs. There isn't anything that stops gen2 ROM from booting in gen3 device or vice versa. Only the mobile network and GPS won't work.

Edited by Shonk

Guest andy9876

is there a way to get the asop dialler to open by default showing the dial pad mine opens showing the call log which is pretty useless

Edit: sorted - realise that the dialer opens the last view so if you close it with the dial pad showing it opens in same view.

I am not sure this works. Whenever I open the dialled it opens the contact view,regardless of the last view. Is this a bug?

Guest chapmans35

Hi KonstaT,

this ROM is almost perfect, maybe the most perfect out there.

Just flashed rls3 and everything is working fine, only problem I'm having is with contact syncing with Facebook. I had this problem since I flashed AOSP dialer (which I think is a great choice) on rls2.

I'm having some weird issues accessing the account options.

If I go from my home screen Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync, Facebook isn't listed there. It was on CM7 dialer.

Now if I try to add it Facebook appears as an option to add, but if I try to add it by clicking on the Facebook icon it just takes me back to the Account screen where it isn't listed.

If I sign out of Facebook and try to add the account it opens up the Facebook login page, I sign in, but still no account options. Facebook doesn't even show any sync option at the first start, as it should do.

I can sign into it successfully and can use it and all seems normal except when I try to go to the account options.

Another weird issue is that if I open the Facebook application and from the main Facebook page I tap Menu>Settings I can only see the "General Settings" and "Notification Settings" and I can see only the heading for "Other Settings", but I can't scroll down past that.

So "Other Settings" appears at the very bottom of the screen, but I can't bring the settings up into view.

Also Facebook isn't pulling in Facebook pictures for people that it used to pull with CM7 dialer.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times, tried wiping and reflashing, even tried a 1.8.0 apk, but no joy.

Installed the CM7 dialer for release 3 and can NOT synch my facebook with contacts. All options are visible but does not pull the pictures. Also does not synch with exdial installed. Any thoughts?

Also getting oKB files when I copy into system/media/audio/ui on release 2, went back to get Facebook contact synch. :-)

Edited by chapmans35

Guest kirpika

great rom, Konstat. the only one (after flashing with the stock kernel) that made my proximity sensor work.

however it's quite slow in comparison with cm7 clones (i get 1050 points in quadrant with my 256 mb version). rls3 gets about 750.

do you know how to decrypt or extract the driver for new chinese proximity sensor or adapt the stock boot to other roms? i guess it's isl29026 as mentioned in config.dz

CONFIG_SENSORS_ISL29026=y

CONFIG_SENSORS_AKM8962=y

CONFIG_SENSORS_AK8973=y

(however "android info" says it's tsl2771).

thanks.

Guest SGH-i200
however it's quite slow in comparison with cm7 clones (i get 1050 points in quadrant with my 256 mb version). rls3 gets about 750.

Which "cm7 clones" do you mean? This ROM feels smoother to me than all other ROMs - thats important to me since I don't use my Blade to play 3D games! ;-)

Guest solidslash

Which "cm7 clones" do you mean? This ROM feels smoother to me than all other ROMs - thats important to me since I don't use my Blade to play 3D games! ;-)

Exactly. General UI smoothness > silly benchmark numbers.

Guest SGH-i200

This [PDroid patch for ROM] probably won't be included as default. Those patchers seem to be quite easy to use though, so it shoudn't be to difficult to do by any user who thinks this patch is necessary.

I tried to build a patch with the Windows patcher but wasn't successful. Maybe you can run that or the Linux one and post the patch?

Guest KonstaT

TPT your phone to GEN3 with either the Comviq or the Malaysian TPT

then try installing any custom kernel

it will fail to boot

You should start a new thread to get this confirmed by someone else. If this is true, it probably means that ZTE has locked bootloader for gen3 devices.

I can't TPT to gen3. My phone was sold as gen1 and I can't flash image.bin form TPTs. There is a zero chance I'll ever windows flash my phone. It now just seems that Blade has gotten worse with each generation. In gen2 they removed option to boot directly into fastboot mode and it really sucks if they've locked bootloader for gen3. Also disclaimer should be added to the official TPTs and advice anyone not to install them.

great rom, Konstat. the only one (after flashing with the stock kernel) that made my proximity sensor work.

do you know how to decrypt or extract the driver for new chinese proximity sensor or adapt the stock boot to other roms? i guess it's isl29026 as mentioned in config.dz

(however "android info" says it's tsl2771).

thanks.

Sounds like you're comparing results from overclocked CM7 to this ROM running stock kernel without overclocking. I get ~1000 point with this ROM when I've overclocked to 691mhz. Not that quadrant scores would tell anything about performance anyway...

You can't extract anything from already built binary kernel. TSL2771 sensor is already built into this ROMs custom kernel (CONFIG_SENSORS_TSL2771=y). We would need ZTE to release proper kernel source code to sort the proximity issue once and for all.

I have a small problem. I use "go sms" to set the ringtones and etc like this. But the system uses the ringtones that are set in "android system" as ringtone. Would anyone tell the app to set the ringtones, please?

Guest downloader50

I have a small problem. I use "go sms" to set the ringtones and etc like this. But the system uses the ringtones that are set in "android system" as ringtone. Would anyone tell the app to set the ringtones, please?

Open gosms

Menu

settings (make sure advanced tab is selected at top)

notification settings

select ringtone

select default if you want the system set notification sound or select music and you can choose anything

Edited by downloader50

I dont think its a locked bootloader it boots up but never finishes

e.g. if the zte boot animation is in the rom that just keeps repeating

Im not sure why people dont want to use the windows updater

I have gone from gen3 back to gen1/gen2 quite a few times

You should start a new thread to get this confirmed by someone else. If this is true, it probably means that ZTE has locked bootloader for gen3 devices.

I can't TPT to gen3. My phone was sold as gen1 and I can't flash image.bin form TPTs. There is a zero chance I'll ever windows flash my phone. It now just seems that Blade has gotten worse with each generation. In gen2 they removed option to boot directly into fastboot mode and it really sucks if they've locked bootloader for gen3. Also disclaimer should be added to the official TPTs and advice anyone not to install them.

Guest wookie16081965

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Only setting of ringtone by android system helps.

ive used alot of different roms all ive done is make a folder called ringtones and one called notifications put my own mp3s in them. when i change roms i select sound ringtone notification and choose same with ringtone, hope this helps.

Guest jesuita

ive used alot of different roms all ive done is make a folder called ringtones and one called notifications put my own mp3s in them. when i change roms i select sound ringtone notification and choose same with ringtone, hope this helps.

Dont know about GoSms, but for the default Messaging application i had to go to Messaging - Settings - Notification Settings - Select Ringtone

I would try it there :)

Guest jesuita

Was wondering if i can change the close app animation, i relly dislike that kind of jelly effect

Also im having a problem with Spare Parts and decreasing android font size, whenever the screens rotates its changes the font size back to normal-- any ideas?

Edited by jesuita

Guest xanatos22

KonstaT, I really like your work an I'm currently with MMHMP RLS9 and wanting to try SS, but can you make a version with the circle battery icon? Or release an add-on?

I find it really helpful and is the main reason why I haven't changed yet.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! wink.gif

Guest chapmans35

KonstaT, I really like your work an I'm currently with MMHMP RLS9 and wanting to try SS, but can you make a version with the circle battery icon? Or release an add-on?

Circle battery Icon exists for v2 and v3. Will find in the previous posts.

Guest kirpika

Sounds like you're comparing results from overclocked CM7 to this ROM running stock kernel without overclocking. I get ~1000 point with this ROM when I've overclocked to 691mhz. Not that quadrant scores would tell anything about performance anyway...<br style=color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">You can't extract anything from already built binary kernel. TSL2771 sensor is already built into this ROMs custom kernel (CONFIG_SENSORS_TSL2771=y). We would need ZTE to release proper kernel source code to sort the proximity issue once and for all.

how do you overlock cpu with stock kernel? no-frills shows 600mhz at most. well, i woundn't mind about those points but some minor things like (longer time for keyboard to show up and thus response time (which is very evident), fruit ninja lags all the time, scrolling in the drawer and so on) worthen the impression. well, overall it's ok but it definitely can do a LOT better (i.e. kang roms proove it).

if you overlock, does it badly affect the battery life? i also tried to add swap ext. but the stock kernel doesn't seem to support it. unsure.gif

there's been a huge discussion on chinese boards about this new proximity sensor - (isl29026) as v880+ is sold in china mainland as a clone of zte blade. unfortunately

zte hasn't released the source code since last november i guess and it's still vague whether the company is gonna do it or not in the near future. the manufacturer (intersil) didn't provide data-sheet and source code as well. the situation is really disappointing. sad.gif

Edited by kirpika

Guest KonstaT

I dont think its a locked bootloader it boots up but never finishes

e.g. if the zte boot animation is in the rom that just keeps repeating

Im not sure why people dont want to use the windows updater

I have gone from gen3 back to gen1/gen2 quite a few times

Ok, but it still doesn't make much sense. Did you try to boot this ROM with the original swedish gen3 libs you posted previously? As I previously said, only three RIL libs had changed from the MMHMP gen3 patcher. It is also confirmed that MMHMP works in gen3 device bought from Sweden with the MMHMP gen3 patcher.

Since I can't test gen3 and there seems to be an issue(?), I probably won't add gen3 support to this ROM.

There are already few circle battery mod posted in this thread. I have no plans on including one. It's already bit of a mess with all the add-ons and I think there is only more to come...

Will this kernel work with cm 7.1 ???

No, this is built for VMSPLIT_2G and CM7 is VMSPLIT_3G.

how do you overlock cpu with stock kernel? no-frills shows 600mhz at most. well, i woundn't mind about those points but some minor things like (longer time for keyboard to show up and thus response time (which is very evident), fruit ninja lags all the time, scrolling in the drawer and so on) worthen the impression. well, overall it's ok but it definitely can do a LOT better (i.e. kang roms proove it).

if you overlock, does it badly affect the battery life? i also tried to add swap ext. but the stock kernel doesn't seem to support it. unsure.gif

there's been a huge discussion on chinese boards about this new proximity sensor - (isl29026) as v880+ is sold in china mainland as a clone of zte blade. unfortunately

zte hasn't released the source code since last november i guess and it's still vague whether the company is gonna do it or not in the near future. the manufacturer (intersil) didn't provide data-sheet and source code as well. the situation is really disappointing. sad.gif

Well, you can't overclock stock kernel. It still doesn't mean that it would be fair to compare results from some kernels 600mhz to other kernels e.g. 729mhz.

More time CPU spends on higher frequensies more battery it consumes.

You have different sensor in your phone, so I can't see how this could affect your device. Did you try calibrating your proximity sensor?

I have made my own GEN 3 rom based on this

setup how i like it etc..

If i TPT Moldovian to it then clockwork mod and install the rom it works fine

If i TPT Malaysian to it then clockwork mod and install the rom it just stalls on the boot

same with the Comviq TPT

In the end i just TPT'd it back to the Moldovian release and set it back up

its rather odd why it doesnt boot though

Ok, but it still doesn't make much sense. Did you try to boot this ROM with the original swedish gen3 libs you posted previously? As I previously said, only three RIL libs had changed from the MMHMP gen3 patcher. It is also confirmed that MMHMP works in gen3 device bought from Sweden with the MMHMP gen3 patcher.

Since I can't test gen3 and there seems to be an issue(?), I probably won't add gen3 support to this ROM.

Guest KonstaT

I tried it but got the same issue with the operator name stuck on "T-Mobile" when roaming, unfortunately.

One difference, though, is that gsm.operator.isroaming has the value "true" when roaming on Orange with my T-Mobile UK contract SIM with the standard installation of SS (presumably with the Saunalahti RILs) but has value "false" after I apply the MVNO patch.

I remembered correctly and this is actually more broken in AOSP. I was playing around with AOSP code and it does indeed display operator name falsely as Elisa for me. ZTE has actually changed it quite a bit to make it work as "good" as it works now. There is no source code available for this part. It would take someone with superhuman smali skills to handle that amount of code (=not me). It would also be near impossible to use fixed AOSP code to patch this.

I doubt this will be ever fixed, but if you wan't to investigate it further you might wan't to start with frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GsmServiceStateTracker.java. You can get to the smali code by decompiling framework.jar. Looking at method updateSpnDisplay you can see values pulled for service provider name (spn = phone.mSIMRecords.getServiceProviderName()) and public land mobile network (plmn = ss.getOperatorAlphaLong()), and these are displayed under different conditions.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest aneesasil

Burstlam has added support for OV5640 camera sensor. Since I still have no information in which devices this sensor is used, could someone who has camera issues test this kernel? matje103 could you test this and report back? Also someone with indian idea blade should test this.

It's actually the only camera sensor that is enabled in swedish stock kernel, but wasn't in custom kernel.

It's built from what's in my github atm. 200mhz & 403mhz cpu freqs enabled and support for OV5640 camera.

Hey i downloaded the kernel and installed it in my zte idea blade running cm 7.1 but still it gives me the same error CANNOT CONNECT TO CAMERA