[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hey i downloaded the kernel and installed it in my zte idea blade running cm 7.1 but still it gives me the same error CANNOT CONNECT TO CAMERA

I highly doubt that. It simply doesn't work with CM7.

That kernel is already included in Swedish Snow RLS3. If you really want to test it, boot into clockworkmod, backup your current ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install Swedish Snow RLS3, reboot, report if camera works.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Hi KonstaT, did you noticed the choppy graduation on the light sensor?

When I change the light exposure it just change directly to the correct bright instead of make all the way to it.

Chinese Blade.

Guest kirpika
Well, you can't overclock stock kernel. It still doesn't mean that it would be fair to compare results from some kernels 600mhz to other kernels e.g. 729mhz. <br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">More time CPU spends on higher frequensies more battery it consumes.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">You have different sensor in your phone, so I can't see how this could affect your device. Did you try calibrating your proximity sensor?

ah , ok. of course i tried (calibration aborted all the time). as you can look through config.dz in all other roms, you'll see there's no support for it (config blah-blah = not set). i believe the driver is missing or outdated.

yeah the sensor is different - isl29026. fortunately it works solely on your rom with stock kernel. but as i previously said it's visibly slower than cm clones on my 256mb model. sad but true.

Guest Sheshnag

This ROM looks great and I want to use on my Orange San Francisco. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with the following questions:

1. Will this work with Gen 1 Orange San Fran?

2. What EXT will I need for A2SD to work? I currently have EXT2.

Thanks

This ROM looks great and I want to use on my Orange San Francisco. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with the following questions:

Thanks

1. No. Install TPT Helper from android market and upgrade to Gen2.

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT, did you noticed the choppy graduation on the light sensor?

When I change the light exposure it just change directly to the correct bright instead of make all the way to it.

Chinese Blade.

No not really, but I rarely use auto-brightness. Just tested it and it seemed fine. Don't know what you mean by choppy, isn't that how auto-brightness is supposed to work? I've enhanced the auto-brightness values a bit, but maybe adding more values would make it change smoother.

Thanks

1. No, this is for gen2 devices only. You need to update to gen2. Easiest way is to use all-in-one TPT installer that you can find from the first post.

2. EXT2/3/4 should work. I'd recommend EXT3, but I'm sure that EXT2 will also work.

Guest uumeshh

Dear KonstaT. The rom is nearly perfect. Is adding functionality of killing an app by long press of back button be added to the rom. Also is it possible to add theme chooser like CM 7

Guest PateIII

I am using SS Release 2 now. I have the problem of very loud sound through the headphones. Even with the lowest settings its too loud for me. Is there any change in RLS 3. Or any other tips?

Thanks!

Guest uumeshh

Thanks.

Thanks for testing. Try copying /proc/config.gz to your sdcard with some file manager or try

cp /proc/config.gz /sdcard/config.gz

in terminal.

You could also dial *983*24474636# and see the camera info. I'm sure that it's the same as Mechaniker had above.

There are few different MT9P111 camera sensor drivers included in the kernel. At least this info gives some direction.

I would still need someone with Indian Idea Blade to test the kernel in post #227 to see if those devices have OV5640 camera sensor.

Dear KonstaT,

I tried the kernel in post 227. but unfortunately it still says cannot connect to camera.

When i try to use camcorder it says says com.android.camera crashed.

any more test reports that i can generate to help solve this problem ?

Guest DarkCrono

No not really, but I rarely use auto-brightness. Just tested it and it seemed fine. Don't know what you mean by choppy, isn't that how auto-brightness is supposed to work? I've enhanced the auto-brightness values a bit, but maybe adding more values would make it change smoother.

It just change suddenly instead of a smooth graduation change. On moldovan it worked this way and on original 2.2 too (smooth graduation).

Guest KonstaT

Dear KonstaT. The rom is nearly perfect. Is adding functionality of killing an app by long press of back button be added to the rom. Also is it possible to add theme chooser like CM 7

It is possible to add long press on back key kills foreground app and I have actually already done this. I'm not sure that I will include it though. Generally I'm opposed to task killers so I wouldn't like to include one. ;) I've made the long press delay longer so that this can't be used by accident, but I still have concerns that people might misuse this feature.

Including theme chooser is near impossible task and it will never happen.

I am using SS Release 2 now. I have the problem of very loud sound through the headphones. Even with the lowest settings its too loud for me. Is there any change in RLS 3. Or any other tips?

Thanks!

Nothing related to this has changed in between. Usually the problem with blade have been too low volume. :P

DSP Manager is included in this ROM and you can use its equalizer to lower sound level.

Dear KonstaT,

I tried the kernel in post 227. but unfortunately it still says cannot connect to camera.

When i try to use camcorder it says says com.android.camera crashed.

any more test reports that i can generate to help solve this problem ?

Thanks for testing. This was expected as camera id 0x5ca might indicate that the camera sensor is possibly S5K5CAGX. I guess there isn't much that can be done until ZTE releases proper kernel source code.

It just change suddenly instead of a smooth graduation change. On moldovan it worked this way and on original 2.2 too (smooth graduation).

Ok, I'll see if I can find something that's changed. I doubt it's something that I've broke though. ;) It's just how this ROM handles auto-brightness.

Guest elrond_bs

I had the same autobrightness problem on first boot in Moldovian ROM. I solved it after running the Sensor test in ZTE emode helper (link) and never had it again. May be it could correct itself after one or two reboots.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest wookie16081965

Circle (thin) battery mod and colorized menu icons for Rls3!!

Updated!! 2012.02.03.

- install from recovery

- signed update zip

- signed apk

- optimized images

- added flying screen animation

- replace settings.apk, framework-res.apk, systemui.apk

- added bootaudio.mp3 (only rls3)

- edited low battery notifications only 10% and 5%

- changed lock screen icons

- bugfix (replaced correctly zoom buttons)

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Download for Rls3 version

MD5: b9fc974b4bf615c461d6013a76ff1c3b

Restore (original Rls3 files)

MD5: 991fd7d4186c7c6846439dd3340c689a

could you do this with blue circle battery please

Guest uumeshh

I request you if you could just post a mod for long press kill app. For guys who like it may find it very useful and at the same time it won't be binding for others.

Would appreciate your heart help.

Thank you.

Guest uumeshh

It is possible to add long press on back key kills foreground app and I have actually already done this. I'm not sure that I will include it though. Generally I'm opposed to task killers so I wouldn't like to include one. I've made the long press delay longer so that this can't be used by accident, but I still have concerns that people might misuse this feature.

I request you if you could just post a mod for long press kill app. For guys who like it may find it very useful and at the same time it won't be binding for others. <br /><br />Would appreciate your heart help. <br /><br />Thank you.

Guest DarkCrono

None the less.. .. thanks for the rom. Its the fastest on a 256mb blade.

It's working very well to me with a swap partition. This is useful if you have some ram eaters apps running on the background.

Guest aneesasil

I highly doubt that. It simply doesn't work with CM7.

That kernel is already included in Swedish Snow RLS3. If you really want to test it, boot into clockworkmod, backup your current ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install Swedish Snow RLS3, reboot, report if camera works.

Hey thats fine...i just wanted to try cm7.1 but however the camera doesnt work so at present i am using MMHMP and with another swedish kernel my camera is working fyn. Just waiting for a kernel which enables the camera in cm7,1.

neways.... Thanks alot buddy!! :)

Guest SGH-i200

I have the problem of very loud sound through the headphones. Even with the lowest settings its too loud for me. Is there any change in RLS 3. Or any other tips?

Nothing related to this has changed in between. Usually the problem with blade have been too low volume. :P

DSP Manager is included in this ROM and you can use its equalizer to lower sound level.

+1 for lower audio at lowest step. CM7 starts very low and then grows from 1/3 up. So changing the lower 1/3 part would be great and not make some "to low volume" guys" unhappy.

DSP Manager burns battery when on. AND there is a high frequent noise before and after a song that is not there without usage of DSP Manager!

Guest uumeshh

It's working very well to me with a swap partition. This is useful if you have some ram eaters apps running on the background.

Can you please point me to instructions on creating a swap partition

Guest DarkCrono

Can you please point me to instructions on creating a swap partition

ADVISE: formating your sd card will make you lose what is stored on it. Be sure to have at least a class 6 card, to not lose performance.

Enter Recovery mode, then enter in advanced and format sd card.

When you choose to format your sd card to create the ext partition, the second option is to choose the size of the swap partition. Then enter terminal, type

su

the type:

a2sd reinstall

this will move your apk files from /data/app to your ext partition, the type

a2sd swappy80

this set the swap to take over about 80% of the RAM, you can set less, but on the manual it says to adjust from 60 to 80

This is working well, with a ext partition with 512MB and swap with 256MB. There is a bug with memory killer and swap, so let it on default.

Guest uumeshh

ADVISE: formating your sd card will make you lose what is stored on it. Be sure to have at least a class 6 card, to not lose performance.

Thanks a ton. can this be undone?

Guest Martyx23

Does anyone have a problem with random notifications? I have SS rls3 on 2 phones and both make notification sound from time to time with no reason...