[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest hahawas

Does anyone have a problem with random notifications? I have SS rls3 on 2 phones and both make notification sound from time to time with no reason...

No

Guest cHunter

Does anyone have a problem with random notifications? I have SS rls3 on 2 phones and both make notification sound from time to time with no reason...

Are you sure there is no reason ;)? I had the same but I find it was a problem with notification about open wifi in my area.

Edited by cHunter

Guest Chocolate Columbo

Are there any settings with this launcher? What exactly is it? It's really nice and responsive but I'd like to change to only 3 home screens, and perhaps hide some unnecessary icons from the app drawer? Should I just use my LauncherPro to do this or is there some buried settings for this really smooth stock launcher?

Guest AntonPettersson

I am using SS Release 2 now. I have the problem of very loud sound through the headphones. Even with the lowest settings its too loud for me. Is there any change in RLS 3. Or any other tips?

Thanks!

That's the one thing that would make the rom complete!

Guest andy9876

KonstaT

If I was install from scratch what EXT type should I use (ext2,3 or 4) What size should it be?

Do I need to use a SWAP file and what size should this be.

Many thanks

andy9876

Guest DarkCrono

KonstaT

If I was install from scratch what EXT type should I use (ext2,3 or 4) What size should it be?

Do I need to use a SWAP file and what size should this be.

Many thanks

andy9876

You can use any of the exts (I use 512 MB partition, ext 2), and swap just if you have 256MB RAM version. I achieved good results with a 256 MB swap partition.

Guest ZTE_Blade

Hi,

Nice rom!

I discover that on my phone when i go to the apps manager, there is no details of each app, is not showing details like total size, cache size...

take a look here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28587581/screenshot-1328493538358.png

This is only with my phone or it is general?

Sorry for my bad english, thanks!

Works fine on mine.

1.) Did you performe a full wipe before updating to SS RLS3?

2.) Do you use a task killer or something else? Sometime when i use such an app android becomes instable. The best option to kill all unused tasks is a reboot ;)

By the way:

@KonstaT: Smoothest ROM i've ever tested on my blade!!!

I noticed a little issue with file downloads. The problem is, they all fail. :) Files from XDA, or even new versions for this ROM - fail immediately. Common to any file I try to download from the web browser. Anyone notice the same or have i broken something myself?

Guest eirlysbill1

bluecircle.png

Blue cirlce battery mod with flying window animation, blue OverScroll glowing png and Scrollbar png, gray lock screen png:

Download Blue Cirlce Battery for Rls3 version

Coming soon full blue status bar mod...

MD5: bba037e07feabeb4427815981bac773d

Restore (original Rls3 all files)

MD5: 991fd7d4186c7c6846439dd3340c689a

@xside

Thanks for the theming that you're doing on this rom. Looks great.

Just two things:

1) the MD5 sum doesn't match on the blue mod. The MD5 that I get after downloading the zip (above) begins with: a42ded and ends with 87f6. Think I'll wait until that's corrected until I install.

2) not a big deal this but is there anyway to disable or delete the little tune that plays when booting the phone on?

Thanks again,

Bill

Loving this rom (my first). I've got a couple Q's though:

1) I've installed the SS boot image (http://android.modaco.com/topic/351305-add-ons-swedish-snow-rom-mondego-add-ons/ ) and now I cannot remove it. Can anyone tell me how I do that?

2) Is there any way I can swap the Browser icon for the Message icon on that little bar at the bottom of home screen?

Thanks

Edited by Smmnk

]

Made a new battery cirlce mod plus improved gps and blue tooth icons for rls 3

post-904314-0-28329500-1328038474_thumb.

Download here

SSnow-rls3-bat-circle-btooth-gps.zip

As nobody else seems to have thanked you for this I will, cheers!

The icons are a great improvement on the dull stock jobs.

I hate to be fussy, but could the green colour be made to match the other indicators?

Thanks again :)

@xside

Thanks for the theming that you're doing on this rom. Looks great.

Just two things:

1) the MD5 sum doesn't match on the blue mod. The MD5 that I get after downloading the zip (above) begins with: a42ded and ends with 87f6. Think I'll wait until that's corrected until I install.

2) not a big deal this but is there anyway to disable or delete the little tune that plays when booting the phone on?

Thanks again,

Bill

1. Thank you, I forgot rewriting a MD5 code

2. Please delete (or change do you like) manually Root Explorer or other root file manager app the system/media/ui/bootaudio.mp3

I do not put it into bootaudio then in the next version. Though fun thing.:)

Edited by xside

Guest eirlysbill1

1. Thank you, I forgot rewriting a MD5 code

2. Please delete (or change do you like) manually Root Explorer or other root file manager app the system/media/ui/bootaudio.mp3

I do not put it into bootaudio then in the next version. Though fun thing.:)

no worries, thanks for telling me where the audio file was. Leave it in if you want. I'll just take it out every time. No need leave it out just for me.

All the best

EDIT:

I just tried to delete that file with Astro file manager, and I get error. Can't delete it

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest DarkCrono

Hi,

Nice rom!

I discover that on my phone when i go to the apps manager, there is no details of each app, is not showing details like total size, cache size...

take a look here:

http://dl.dropbox.co...28493538358.png

I can't see anything too. On the summary screen shows the size, but when you enter on an app screen there is no info.

Obs.: This is occuring on the Pt_BR version (Brazilian Portuguese), I just changed it to english then the statics are showing up, but backing to Brazilian Portuguese I get the same screen with no numbers.

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest eirlysbill1

I can't see anything too. On the summary screen shows the size, but when you enter on an app screen there is no info.

Obs.: This is occuring on the Pt_BR version (Brazilian Portuguese), I just changed it to english then the statics are showing up, but backing to Brazilian Portuguese I get the same screen with no numbers.

weird, its working for me

PS: now I want to exclude my post. Should have read all of your quote, sorry. Its not happening in english

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest KonstaT

Are there any settings with this launcher? What exactly is it? It's really nice and responsive but I'd like to change to only 3 home screens, and perhaps hide some unnecessary icons from the app drawer? Should I just use my LauncherPro to do this or is there some buried settings for this really smooth stock launcher?

No, it's simplified stock laucher. It's really only included to give that stock gingerbread look. It's probably smoothest of stock launchers and it has 3D app drawer.

I actually still use Launcher Pro, but there are also other more up to date alternatives. I just didn't want to replace the launcher by default. There is more to cooking ROMs than just making version with different launchers. ;)

Hi,

Nice rom!

take a look here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28587581/screenshot-1328493538358.png

Yeah, apparently it does that on pt-BR locale. Same screen force-closes if you put estonian locale. :P Can't see any obvious reason why, so I can't promise a fix. This ROM originally had language support only for swedish and english.

I noticed a little issue with file downloads. The problem is, they all fail. :) Files from XDA, or even new versions for this ROM - fail immediately. Common to any file I try to download from the web browser. Anyone notice the same or have i broken something myself?

That's general android browser issue and it happens with every ROM. It also depends on where you download from. Downloads from XDA do fail, but I can download from mediafire using the stock browser.

Loving this rom (my first). I've got a couple Q's though:

1) I've installed the SS boot image (http://android.modaco.com/topic/351305-add-ons-swedish-snow-rom-mondego-add-ons/ ) and now I cannot remove it. Can anyone tell me how I do that?

2) Is there any way I can swap the Browser icon for the Message icon on that little bar at the bottom of home screen?

Thanks

1. You need to install different splash screen. You can find wide selection from themes section.

2. Only by using a different launcher.

Guest KonstaT

If you would like to help by translating ROM settings to your language, you can find the strings to translate from post #40. I've now also translated power menu options (reboot, recovery, screenshot) to few languages (cs,de,es,fi,hu,it,ja,ko,ru,sv,zn) and more translations would be much appreciated. :)

It's possible that there won't be updates after RLS4 for some time. I'm not saying that it's going to be final though. We've all seen how that's worked out before. ;) I've added few more new features and now I'm just starting to run out of ideas of what to add...