[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest uumeshh

Updated to RLS4.

RLS4 changelog:

-switched back to CM7 dialer

-added lockscreen music controls. Play/pause, previous and next buttons are displayd on locksreen when music is playing. (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added volume key cursor controls. Volume up/down keys can be used as d-pad left/right when in text fields. (thanks to azuwis)

-disabled scrolling cache (inspired by AndroidON)

-added long press on back key kills foreground app.

Thanks a ton KonstaT...

This makes the ROM complete for me. (except the camera part wink.gif which is practically unsolvable as of now)

You have been very considerate in including all our requests.. Thank you

Edited by uumeshh

I think you have to use the andorko's 0.6 (RDS) version for the workaround to work. This ROM has 0.5 (non-RDS) version included. You can uninstall it first using e.g. Titanium Backup.

It works! :D

Thanks a bunch! Now, it's officially perfect!

Guest kubiczek

I flashed RLS4 and got like 4 restarts during the first hour. No idea why.

Edit: RLS3 is working fine for me.

Edited by kubiczek

Guest fox2000

I flashed RLS4 and got like 4 restarts during the first hour. No idea why.

Edit: RLS3 is working fine for me.

Random reboots for me also.

(and phone seems to forget to keep wifi active after these reboots, too)

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, I had one reboot straight after it connected to wifi. Strange since I haven't changed anything that would directly affect wifi.

Removed the links for now. Will try to debug it tomorrow...

Guest downloader50

Yeah, I had one reboot straight after it connected to wifi. Strange since I haven't changed anything that would directly affect wifi.

Removed the links for now. Will try to debug it tomorrow...

Thanks KonstaT good luck hope you sort it out

Guest daaneel

Glad I'm not the only one suffering from nasty reboots, here it wasn't on wifi, RLS4 rebooted when using youtube app connected through 3G...

Didn't do a full whipe while installing, testing it now installed properly, so far so good but too soon to tell really :P

Hope you'll get it stable without too much hassle, it is a kickass release!

-added volume key cursor controls. Volume up/down keys can be used as d-pad left/right when in text fields. (thanks to azuwis)

This feature introduces problems with Terminal emulator which uses the Vol-up/down keys for a lot of functions needed for normal work in a terminal.

Thanks.

Guest lopilop

It would be so nice if you would add the smooth animations that are on sej nightly when you turn the phone on portrait to horizontal mode... Previously you said that you would not because this ROM isn't an ICS ROM, but it doesn't makes the phone look like ICS. Please consider this. Thanks

Guest Davidoff59

Lolilop, I dont think KonstaT will include it as the mods that he includes, he will then automatically be expected to support people if they have issues. He is a great developer, but look at the issues above which carry more importance to get a stable rom. More mods may lead to more problems and more support issues.

Hi KonstaT!

I just installed the SS RLS4 yesterday. It seems very good, but there is one issue that I found after a short usage: the lockscreen music controls ain't working. They react when touched ( pause button changes to play...) but they dont affect to the music player. I'm using winamp, haven't tried with the stock music player. With CM7 these controls works despite the app being used...

Just wanted you to know, if there is anything to do ( in future releases for example ;) )

Keep up the good work!

Guest KonstaT

This feature introduces problems with Terminal emulator which uses the Vol-up/down keys for a lot of functions needed for normal work in a terminal.

Thanks.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll look into it later to see if I can place the code somewhere else so that it doesn't interfere with apps that have functions for those keys.

Anyone happened to catch a logcat from one the reboots? Or found any way to reliably reproduce one? I've spent couple of hours swithing things on and off and can't get it to reboot now that I would need one. :P I had most of the new things in RLS4 tested for 3-7 days and didn't have a single reboot until I switched wifi on yesterday (I usually don't use wifi, I have unlimited mobile data). Lockscreen went under heavy modification because of the music controls and it's really the only thing that I can think of. If I can't get any logs, I'll have to make test builds without some of the new features. It will be very slow and painfull...

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT!

I just installed the SS RLS4 yesterday. It seems very good, but there is one issue that I found after a short usage: the lockscreen music controls ain't working. They react when touched ( pause button changes to play...) but they dont affect to the music player. I'm using winamp, haven't tried with the stock music player. With CM7 these controls works despite the app being used...

Just wanted you to know, if there is anything to do ( in future releases for example ;) )

Keep up the good work!

Same goes with the volume key music controls. They are fully working with the android's own music player. They also work with Winamp (possibly other players too) if you leave it as a foreground app before turning off the screen.

Nothing much I can do, it's actually those apps who don't follow basic android commands. It's possible that lockscreen music control is removed all together.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest ZTE_Blade

Mine reboot sometimes when automatically lock and turn off the screen and a data connection is active.

I only use edge (no wifi, no 3g, no bluetooth, no GPS), but I haven't done a full wipe.

So may it's my fault ;-)