[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest youngsta2010

Exactly the same happens to all ROMSs. This is some hardware feature/limitation of the Blade as far as I know. You can keep the phone awake to use WiFi all the time, but I guess it is going to eat you battery power soon.

My phone used to do exactly the same, WIFI policy set to never and then turn off anyway and fail to reconnect almost every time, as soon as I installed swedish spring that problem was gone and through that and moldovan it hasn't been back since so it defo ain't a problem with the phone.

Guest Cyclothunder

My phone used to do exactly the same, WIFI policy set to never and then turn off anyway and fail to reconnect almost every time, as soon as I installed swedish spring that problem was gone and through that and moldovan it hasn't been back since so it defo ain't a problem with the phone.

Exactly as you said!

But Vujke, stated that he managed to get around that, so perhaps he got a way to kkep wifi on in deep sleep. That's what i was hoping for :P

Guest wizabhi

Hey i just flashed the rom today works flawlessly

just wanted to ask if there is any way to change the drag lockscreen and can it be just flashed to work

that would be very helpful

Guest sssingletrack

Hey i just flashed the rom today works flawlessly

just wanted to ask if there is any way to change the drag lockscreen and can it be just flashed to work

that would be very helpful

What do you mean by change?

Great, good to know. Then there really isn't any downsides using the workaround. :)

I guess not! :) Yet, this is only a subjective feel, not that I've done any thorough tests... But, anyway, I'm guessing we're getting close to having the best Blade possible with this one (ICS news are not so promising for the time being...)

Exactly as you said!

But Vujke, stated that he managed to get around that, so perhaps he got a way to kkep wifi on in deep sleep. That's what i was hoping for :P

Now, I feel like I'm spamming a little bit...but, I simply got around it by flashing one of the newer ROMs (MMHMP, this one...) - those with .35 kernel keep WiFi connection alive even while in deep sleep. ROMs with WiFi sleep issue fixed have been around for a few months now...

Excellent ROM KonstaT! I was just wondering whether its possible to add another option to the notification power widget like a screen timeout option would be something very convenient!

Guest Cyclothunder

I guess not! :) Yet, this is only a subjective feel, not that I've done any thorough tests... But, anyway, I'm guessing we're getting close to having the best Blade possible with this one (ICS news are not so promising for the time being...)

Now, I feel like I'm spamming a little bit...but, I simply got around it by flashing one of the newer ROMs (MMHMP, this one...) - those with .35 kernel keep WiFi connection alive even while in deep sleep. ROMs with WiFi sleep issue fixed have been around for a few months now...

I've been trying roms since, ...forever tongue.gif

and still didn't find any that in deepsleep managed to keep wifi on after a certain period, (ex. 30minutes).

So, with SS RLS4b you guys don't have this issue?

Guest Saransh Agarwal

Sorry a noob question

i had a gen1 (dell xcd 35) used cm nightly 40 then converted it to gen2 using the updater on the site

and since have been using swedish spring

i want to update my phone to this rom

i dont remember what partition i did please suggest a way to check it and also the one which is suitable for this rom

and is it safe to flash it on my phone

please help

Guest KonstaT

Excellent ROM KonstaT! I was just wondering whether its possible to add another option to the notification power widget like a screen timeout option would be something very convenient!

There originally was a screen timeout option in the version that I ported. It was one the first things I removed as being completely useless. :P Is it possible - yes. Am I going to do it - no. Sorry.

I've been trying roms since, ...forever tongue.gif

and still didn't find any that in deepsleep managed to keep wifi on after a certain period, (ex. 30minutes).

So, with SS RLS4b you guys don't have this issue?

I don't quite understand what you mean by on? Just on and searching for a network or on and connected to a network?

If you set wifi sleep policy to never and you are connected to a network, wifi never disconnects. This is the case in every ROM using the .35 kernel.

Sorry a noob question

i had a gen1 (dell xcd 35) used cm nightly 40 then converted it to gen2 using the updater on the site

and since have been using swedish spring

i want to update my phone to this rom

i dont remember what partition i did please suggest a way to check it and also the one which is suitable for this rom

and is it safe to flash it on my phone

please help

You can execute command 'df' in terminal to see you partition sizes. This ROMs system size is only ~128mb so it will certainly fit if you have used any of the 'regular' partition layouts. You have to be updated to gen2 for this ROM to work though.

If you are unsure of these things, you can use the TPT all-in-one installer that you can find from the first post (read the installation instructions).

Guest Saransh Agarwal

You can execute command 'df' in terminal to see you partition sizes. This ROMs system size is only ~128mb so it will certainly fit if you have used any of the 'regular' partition layouts. You have to be updated to gen2 for this ROM to work though.

If you are unsure of these things, you can use the TPT all-in-one installer that you can find from the first post (read the installation instructions).

thank you very much

Guest Cyclothunder

KonstaT, by "on" i mean connected to network. sorry for my misleading info :P

what i've noticed is that sometimes i leave the phone in deep sleep for example, 30minutes / 1hour and when i wake it up i can see that wifi was not connected and immediately starts to connect to a wifi network i've notecied this either at home or work and within wifi network coverage.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, by "on" i mean connected to network. sorry for my misleading info :P

what i've noticed is that sometimes i leave the phone in deep sleep for example, 30minutes / 1hour and when i wake it up i can see that wifi was not connected and immediately starts to connect to a wifi network i've notecied this either at home or work and within wifi network coverage.

Are you sure that you have set wifi sleep policy to never? Settings -> Wireless & network -> Wi-Fi settings -> menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy -> never.

If wifi sleep policy is set to 'when screen turns off', it takes 15 minutes (to the second ;)) after the screen is turned off for the wifi to disconnect which is a bit misleading...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest derfrosch

I just installed rls4b but i want to install some add-ons. How do i do that?

And for the future, is there a way to install future releases without loosing my settings/apps or without factory reset?

Guest twmnmik

hello

very nice rom

i have one problem

i dial up a phone and the screen is being black and i can;t open it again unless if i put out the battery or the person that i call close the phone

any solution?

( i tried the zte dialer , i flash it two times but the problem remains)

Guest Max-Power

hello

very nice rom

i have one problem

i dial up a phone and the screen is being black and i can;t open it again unless if i put out the battery or the person that i call close the phone

any solution?

( i tried the zte dialer , i flash it two times but the problem remains)

recalibrate the proximity sensor, that's a common problem when flashed. It'll be fine after that (goto Settings -> Rom Settings to do this).

Guest Cyclothunder

Are you sure that you have set wifi sleep policy to never? Settings -> Wireless & network -> Wi-Fi settings -> menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy -> never.

If wifi sleep policy is set to 'when screen turns off', it takes 15 minutes (to the second ;)) after the screen is turned off for the wifi to disconnect which is a bit misleading...

Yes i'm sure i selected the right option.

Today i' using cm 7.0.2, (sorry KonstaT, i'm still loyal to you tongue.gif) because there have been long time since i used it.

I'm at work now but when i get home i will spend more time on this.

Im sorry for posting again i probably should have included this in the previous post but is it possible to start a task manager using long press home rather than a recent apps pop up? And could you increase the long press delay to kill apps because in apps like the dolphin browser and boat browser etc the long press back is used to exit but the delay for the kill and the exit is same so the browser, launcher and anything else also gets killed in one row...sorry for the double post

Guest Mataraty

I thought this is a great rom for the new phone I got for my wife.

So I applied it and tested it for a few hours, all is working fine accept for one really small issue.

The camera is working, but the display is totally upside down

Guest youngsta2010

Yes i'm sure i selected the right option.

Today i' using cm 7.0.2, (sorry KonstaT, i'm still loyal to you tongue.gif) because there have been long time since i used it.

I'm at work now but when i get home i will spend more time on this.

That is what I was trying to say, this problem has been fixed since swedish spring (for me anyway) Like KonstaT said you prob need to change WIFI policy.

Guest KonstaT

Im sorry for posting again i probably should have included this in the previous post but is it possible to start a task manager using long press home rather than a recent apps pop up? And could you increase the long press delay to kill apps because in apps like the dolphin browser and boat browser etc the long press back is used to exit but the delay for the kill and the exit is same so the browser, launcher and anything else also gets killed in one row...sorry for the double post

I could increase it to whatever but don't see much point doing that. I've already made the longpress kill app delay three times longer than the normal longpress. The difference between those is about a second and that should plenty for anyone with normal human reaction times.

Also it can't kill apps in a row. It can only close the foreground app and only one app at a time. If it closes your launcher, it only means that the app on top of that was badly made because it doesn't appear as foreground app.

I thought this is a great rom for the new phone I got for my wife.

So I applied it and tested it for a few hours, all is working fine accept for one really small issue.

The camera is working, but the display is totally upside down

Try flashing the stock kernel add-on from the first post.

When/where was your wife's Blade bought? Is it one of those prepaid Blades from Holland?

There's already been couple of similar reports from dutch users. Some devices have unknown camera sensors that are not supported in the custom kernel at the moment. Hopefully ZTE will release valid kernel source code soon.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Chuzzwuzzer

Ok.Newb question.Installed swedish snow on my zte blade fine.But have done the same for my kids zte blades but have a problem changing their wallpaper.When i hold the main screen to change the wallpaper and select gallery for a load of images which are on the sdcard i get the message 'There are no items in your collection' .What am i doing wrong ?