[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest youngsta2010

Too much confusion..

In UOT kitchen, just upload "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" from the original ROM, select the styles of battery/whatever to change, and pick the result zip file. Then, just use clockworkmod to install that zip, simple as that! :rolleyes:

Download the rom from the first page or if you already have it unzip it, go into the system folder in there is a folder called app in that folder you will find systemui.apk, go back into system folder and look for the folder called framework in that is framework-res.apk. Now go to uot kitchen click on kitchen tab, click on the battery tab check the "use this mod" box, select the battery you want then click the file upload tab, on the right you will see "upload system files" check that then upload the files you found earlier. Once they are uploaded go to summary tab and click "submit work to kitchen" at the bottom, wait for it to cook then download the zip and flash it the same way you flashed your rom.

Edited by youngsta2010

I've tested bluetooth with few devices that I have (other phones and computers, I don't even own a headset :P) and it works ok for me. After a quick diff, I couldn't find any difference in bluetooth files between this ROM and Moldovan. Both ROMs have completely stock BT, I have no idea what I could have done to break it in this one. ;)

KonstaT, thanks for your reply, it hasn't anything to do with BT, but with the telephonesettings. Ic can connect, but can't check the phone settings it's saying. Is there anything changed in the phonesettings? TomTom says error during checking telephonefunctions..... so not BT is the problem here, but phone functions.... Hope we can fix this!

post-843532-0-17739700-1329775767_thumb.

Guest probals

Hey KonstaT,

Great ROM as I have mentioned before. Just one small niggle, which I thought I'd mention, possibly for RLS5.

In the News & Weather widget, the default location for News is the UK. Many times (not always), the widget doesn't pick up my current location (India) and shows news for UK. Is there a setting which I could use for the phone to always remember my location as India.

Many thanks again

P

With your kernel i have lags on my bluetooth headset (music). With stock kernel all ok. I think its CPU-Undervolting. CM7 without undervolting works fine. In RLS5 please add your kernel without cpu-uv.

Guest d_borghi

it's the best rom i ever installed.

only one problem.

my partition ext2 (sd) doesn't work.

I can i install apk directly into my ext partition?

Swedish snow rls3 worked well.

why?

help me.

db

Guest DarkCrono

it's the best rom i ever installed.

only one problem.

my partition ext2 (sd) doesn't work.

I can i install apk directly into my ext partition?

Swedish snow rls3 worked well.

why?

help me.

db

Did you run a2sd?

Enter terminal and type:

su

a2sd reinstall

This should work.

Otherwise type

a2sd check

and report any failure.

Guest d_borghi

Did you run a2sd?

Enter terminal and type:

su

a2sd reinstall

This should work.

Otherwise type

a2sd check

and report any failure.

yes, i followed instructions, but the free space on memory phone doesn't change; i installed a lot of apps and the memory phone is "a step to fully".

a2sd check gives me a list of possibile commands but no error, i think.

db

Guest DarkCrono

yes, i followed instructions, but the free space on memory phone doesn't change; i installed a lot of apps and the memory phone is "a step to fully".

a2sd check gives me a list of possibile commands but no error, i think.

db

type

su

df -h

Guest bladebuddy

Try

su

a2sd cached to move dalvic cash to ad card but the command might be wrong a2sd help should give you the correct command. Its a while since I did it hope this helps

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest d_borghi

type

su

df -h

df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% mounted on df: /etc/mtab: no such file or directory

what does it mean?

i'm a very newbbie.....

tnx

db

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, Zte claim they wont release source code as its confidential.

They just released it. :D I guess it depends how you ask them. ;)

This is the response I got:

Hello xxxxx

Thanks for your contacting with ZTE Custome Service Center.

I am xxxxx, a ZTE Tech.

I am sorry for my late reply.

For this problem, we has released the kernel source code of Gingerbread(2.6.35) of ZTE-Blade.

Please refer to the following website to get it.

http://support.zte.com.cn/support//news/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=1001722

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact with us.

Thanks a lot.

BEST WISH.

xxxx xxxxxxx (xxxxx)

Guest DarkCrono

df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% mounted on df: /etc/mtab: no such file or directory

what does it mean?

i'm a very newbbie.....

tnx

db

Strange, this should show every partition and the % used on each one.

Hi Konstat,

Fist of all great ROM. Best and smoothest I tried so far. I recommended to a few of my friends with same device, and they all said the same. My question is: Is there an easy way to display battery percentage in the status bar, without installing the circle battery mod? I don't want fancy icons, I don't want boot animations, just to see a number of the battery percent with or without any icons. I used CM7 before, and there was an option for this. I hope I didn't miss the answer if there is already one. I tried to read through the whole forum but i only found the circle battery mod with all other UOT customization.

Thanks for the answer and keep up the great work!

I've tried a few ROMs and until today this is the best. The only problem, detect until now, is the known camera issue. Works, with the camera image inverted, but can't take and record the picture/video. Besides that, this ROM is smoth and fast, thank you for that.

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

Here is a kernel built from the new ZTE Blade source. I haven't added any tweaks or anything so this is comparable to stock kernel. All I've added are missing netfilter files, which I copied from Turies source (the compiler will tell you what files are missing). Built using the config from Swedish stock kernel (just added "+" to kernel local version).

This is for testing purposes only. I would appreciate if someone with hardware issues (camera, proximity) could test this one out and report back. I've been running this for today and all the things that you'd expect to work should be working. This kernel also uses the newer wifi driver and it's bundled in the package.

SS-RLS4b-New-Source-Kernel.zip

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, thanks for your reply, it hasn't anything to do with BT, but with the telephonesettings. Ic can connect, but can't check the phone settings it's saying. Is there anything changed in the phonesettings? TomTom says error during checking telephonefunctions..... so not BT is the problem here, but phone functions.... Hope we can fix this!

It might help if I knew what it is supposed to do after it's connected with bluetooth. What's it used for?

In the News & Weather widget, the default location for News is the UK. Many times (not always), the widget doesn't pick up my current location (India) and shows news for UK. Is there a setting which I could use for the phone to always remember my location as India.

I'm not sure how it should pick that location. Would manually setting your weather location help? Or changing your language/locale to India? ;) I'm quite sure that it isn't something that I've broke so i can't promise a fix.

Great rom thanks ...

Is there any way i can put the cm 7.1 lock screen on this?????

There are quite a few lockscreen replacement apps in the market. I think milocker is free.