[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Thank you so much KonstaT for this amazing super rom.

If you are going to release further updates is there any chance you are going to integrate rVoix into it?

This rom is able to make 2-way call recording so I figure that maybe it's possible (rVoix was integrated in the Bladeginger Nagaruku rom but was a bit "buggy" there)

Thanks.

Guest chaosfoevr

hi all......i install the stock kernal fo ss-4b , it fixed ma proximity problem but but i had to loose the ability to overclock ya..... so i reflashed the rom again and now everything is working fine.....my proximity is workin, i can overclock......everythin is damn smooth...................the stock kernal must hv changed somthin........:)

Rom is so so smoooooth for me with Launcher Pro sometimes it's even to fast :D But have one problem with games, at least fruit ninja lags sometimes, didin't notice anything like that on CM7 what can be a problem?

Super ROM.

I am simply amazed. The gui is simple android, but everything works so smoothly. And battery live is absolutely stunning. I have seen no other rom like that battery life. Simply amazing, my favourite rom now. (Y)

thumbup2.png

Guest matje103

Thank you both for testing. :)

Burstlam has released kernel based on the new source so test that next and report to that thread.

http://android.modac...sed-custom-rom/

He actually knows something about kernel development unlike me. ;)

I tested this kernel and wifi driver is working properly and no problems with proximity sensor whatsoever. The camera is still an issue, it shows an inverted image and force closes when I take a picture..

Hi , I am using Moldovan MP, and previously used Swedish Spring, i have the first gen OSF with the amoled screen. Can i just update my phone with this rom as i previously done ? Sorry for noob question but i see it has a GEN 2 sign better safe than sorry. Any help would be appreciated, mellow.gif

Hi , I am using Moldovan MP, and previously used Swedish Spring, i have the first gen OSF with the amoled screen. Can i just update my phone with this rom as i previously done ? Sorry for noob question but i see it has a GEN 2 sign better safe than sorry. Any help would be appreciated, mellow.gif

If you upgrade your phone to Gen2 you can use safely this ROM too.

Edit: used RLS2 for ages, but one day sms stopped working, I couldn't send a single one.

Did a clean install with RLS4b. I didn't had any problem with proximity/camera/etc, but decided to try out the new kernel. So far soo good. I'm missing UV though.

Edited by agpoli

Guest KonstaT

Statusbar softkeys

This adds CM7 tablet tweak style software keys to statusbar (home, menu and back). Keys are aligned to the right, because it's the only place where I can place them without them being overlapped with something. No long press activities on the buttons (at least for now). This replaces SystemUI.apk (and framework-res.apk), so this MOD can't be used with e.g. center clock mod and it will overwrite your current theme.

post-834050-0-79635500-1330252820_thumb.

V3:

Edited by KonstaT

Guest B9Anders

I flashed this yesterday. After toiling for a week with various ICS roms, it is sheer delight to come to a rom that is both fast, wonderfully coherent and where everything works.

The only glitch I've come across is that when I load a picture into Gallery from my file explorer that Gallery hasn't scanned itself, it flips into the album folder for The Verve's Urban Hymns and shows the album cover for that instead (even then, I can just slide back to the picture I want to watch. Gallery thinks the picture resides in that folder). Gallery is amazingly fast in this rom though.

The only thing I'd want to change is is the battery display. I crave having an exact percentile in my statusbar. Can anyone guide me to a zip I can flash for it?

Well that and maybe a more spiffy lockscreen. After ICS, the Gingerbread one seems kinda boring now. :D

Finally, I wish to give a major thumbs up to the installation process. The All-in-one TPT is a great idea. I like the idea of having the partition scheme tailored to the rom and love the loads of space for apps I won't have to put on the SD card.

Guest B9Anders

Oh and while I love the power widget bar, is there any chance of adding a few more toggles? The Extended Controls app for example has toggles for wifi- and usb-tethering, force sync, changing screen timeout times, mass storage and haptic feedback.

For my own purposes, if I could toggle wifi-tethering from there (i use the Extended Controls widget with just the one button now) the rom would be close to perfection.  :)

Flashed Softkeys, so now you have somebody testing RLS4b+new kernel+softkeys :)

So far so good, softkeys/camera/ proximity/etc working. If you won't release anything in the next few days ( biggrin.gif ) I will have experience with battery life too. I think it should be ok.

Guest aequalszero

Hey, just a quick question:

If I use the RLS4b TPT to upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2, could I use TPTHelper or the wbaw TPTs to go back to Gen1 if I ever needed to?

Guest KonstaT

Hey, just a quick question:

If I use the RLS4b TPT to upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2, could I use TPTHelper or the wbaw TPTs to go back to Gen1 if I ever needed to?

Quick answer to a quick question. Yes.

Guest kirpika

earlier today i experienced a series of reboots while texting. ss rls4 + updated kernel by burstlam from adjacent thread. i haven't seen anything like that for more than 3 weeks running rls3+stock kernel.

now it seems ok (latest several messages were sent and received with no problems), but wtf was that?

ps. it's not overlocked. - standard setting of 624mhz is used

Edited by kirpika

Guest aequalszero

Quick answer to a quick question. Yes.

What a star! Thanks KonstaT, your hard work and the rave reviews for this ROM will make it my first upgrade in over a year (from FLBr8, I believe). Can't wait to use it!

Hi KonstaT, everyone,

I tested this new kernel the last 24h with SS_RLS4b.

I haven't no problems, all works fine. Faster contact with BT and even no hitches (lags) on my S9-HD headphones.

No OC possibility, but I don't use it.

I bought the Blade end of March previous year in France (oled screen and 3.2 Mpix camera).

Now I have seen the WiFi linkspeed is 11 Mbps insteed 54 Mbps.

Someone else?

If you upgrade your phone to Gen2 you can use safely this ROM too.

Edit: used RLS2 for ages, but one day sms stopped working, I couldn't send a single one.

Did a clean install with RLS4b. I didn't had any problem with proximity/camera/etc, but decided to try out the new kernel. So far soo good. I'm missing UV though.

I should have read the first page more carefully , as all details are there for a GEN1 upgrade through TPT.

However the download link

Swedish-Snow-RLS4b-TPT.zip is not working

sad.gif

Are there any other links.?

Guest Max-Power

Been with ss4b for a while now, but just tried my navigation... initially all seemed fine when keyed in, but by the time i was driving after a couple mins, the GPS seemed to have gotten completely screwed!

I am using A-GPS as well, so would have thought it would be ok.. any one else had any issues?

Thanks for this great ROM !

I use RLS4b and encounter a small issue with contacts export on SD card. I got the same bug with MHMP RLS9 as well. I have 89 contacts that i try to export to SD card and it crashes during the export everytime saying the android.process.acore process as failed. Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Guest chapmans35

I flashed this yesterday. After toiling for a week with various ICS roms, it is sheer delight to come to a rom that is both fast, wonderfully coherent and where everything works.

The only glitch I've come across is that when I load a picture into Gallery from my file explorer that Gallery hasn't scanned itself, it flips into the album folder for The Verve's Urban Hymns and shows the album cover for that instead (even then, I can just slide back to the picture I want to watch. Gallery thinks the picture resides in that folder). Gallery is amazingly fast in this rom though.

The only thing I'd want to change is is the battery display. I crave having an exact percentile in my statusbar. Can anyone guide me to a zip I can flash for it?

I agree slim battery circle would be great. :-)

Well that and maybe a more spiffy lockscreen. After ICS, the Gingerbread one seems kinda boring now. :D

Finally, I wish to give a major thumbs up to the installation process. The All-in-one TPT is a great idea. I like the idea of having the partition scheme tailored to the rom and love the loads of space for apps I won't have to put on the SD card.